Wizarding World's Gold Membership

Moderator: Prefects

Astor Arensin
No broom

Wizarding World's Gold Membership

Post by Astor Arensin »

So I went onto Pottermore- er- I mean the Wizarding World website (It's so hard to remember that!) as I wanted to research some things for some possible new classes that I am coming up with, and saw there is something called a Gold Membership that is $75 (rounded up) USD for a full year! That seems like an insane price!
I wanted to know what everyone else thinks about that, is the membership worth it? What about the price? Would you ever sign up for it, or have you already?
I will say the personalized house journal looks amazing and the 20% discount on the Wizarding World merchandise is tempting..

Tags:
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Re: Wizarding World's Gold Membership

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

In my opinion the Gold Membership is only worth it if you can purchase enough merchandise to recover that $75 membership fee through the discounts, which means you are spending $75 to spend even more, but I suppose it is worth it for a merchandise collector who plans to buy a lot of merch throughout the duration of the membership, other than that, I have always thought early access benefits to be kind of overrated, so if I were to get the membership, I would probably have my budget already planned out for the year to spend on the stores for which the membership provides a discount.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I agree. If the price value equals the benefits then yes but otherwise I can imagen it being expensive for people that use Dollar. In my country it comes down to 1413,27. Which is just plain mad. The only way to really be okay is when you receive merch or benefits that match the value otherwise just buy what you want separately or have something custom made by an artisan. They would much better appreciate the pay.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I agree, it is too expensive. Especially for something I wouldn't likely use.

Return to “Pottermore”