Pickup Scheduling: Winter and Spring 2023

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Pickup Scheduling: Winter and Spring 2023

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

In addition to the regular season of inter-house play, the Quidditch Committee plans on having pickup games with mixed teams to get more people into the Quidditch spirit!

These pickups will include standard Quaffle play but might also have some other twists thrown in. We expect to hold a pickup approximately once a month, but the timing will depend on player (and QC) availability to optimise participation!

If you are INTERESTED in taking part in pickups, please comment here with the following information:
-What days/times tend to work best for you (HOL time preferred - e.g. "Sundays 7 PM-3 AM HOL")?
-What days/times tend to work worst for you (as above)?
-Are there any SPECIFIC exceptions to the above you can think of offhand? (e.g. "I can make most Wednesdays, but NOT the Ides of March/March 15.")

Thanks so much! (This post will also contain the timing of the 2023 pickups as they are scheduled.)

EDIT: The first pickup of 2023 took place on Sunday, January 29 at 9 PM HOL.

The second pickup of 2023 will take place on Saturday, April 15 at 9 PM HOL.
Lex Green
No broom

Re: Pickup Scheduling: Winter and Spring 2023

Post by Lex Green »

I'm interested! Monday and Wednesday evenings (HOL time) and weekends work best for me most of the time, weekends just depends on my work schedule that week (but I only get four weeks notice for that unfortunately.) I can sometimes do Tue/Thu/Fri evenings, again, depending on work, but those are typically the days I'm rota-ed for. I'm sure there's probably a few specific dates I can't make but none are coming to mind right now!
A huge thank you to my secret elf for the sig!
Lex Green
No broom

Post by Lex Green »

I won't be able to be there bang on 9 tomorrow, as I should finish work about 9:15, but if the game is still going when I get home, I'll hop on then!
A huge thank you to my secret elf for the sig!
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

The next pickup of the term has been scheduled for Saturday, April 15 at 9 PM HOL!
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Remember we have a pickup kicking off in a few hours. Join us in #quidditch at 9 PM HOL!

We're still having issues with the chatrooms page but never fear, there are plenty of other secret passages onto the pitch. Check out this thread for help getting connected.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Quidditch”