Match Announcements (Spring Term 2022)

Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Match Announcements (Spring Term 2022)

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

This is where you can find out about upcoming Quidditch matches!

As previously announced, we will be organising a series of 'turn up and play' style matches (similar to the pickup games played in the past). So, you can just show up on the night and give Quidditch a try, without needing to sign up or join your house team.

We will be aiming to announce all the dates for a particular month at the start of that month, so you can plan ahead. The plan is that matches will last around 75 minutes in total. Please ensure you arrive with 10 minutes to spare before the match is scheduled to start as we'll need to get everyone sorted into teams.

For more information on how quidditch works, please head over to the current handbook.

May Matches
Sunday 5th June at 9 PM HOL-time in #quidditch
Sunday 26th June at 9 PM HOL-time in #quidditch
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Re: Match Announcements (Spring Term 2022)

Remember our first match is tomorrow, Saturday 12th March! Play starts at 9 PM HOL-time so please make sure you arrive 10 minutes or so before that so we can get everyone sorted into teams. See you on IRC in #quidditch!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Remember our next match is tomorrow, Saturday 26th March! Play starts at 9 PM HOL-time so please make sure you arrive 10 minutes or so before that so we can get everyone sorted into teams. See you on IRC in #quidditch!
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Thanks to everyone who’s joined us so far!
April matches will be taking place on the 9th and 23rd, both at 9 PM HOL-time in #quidditch. We hope to see as many people as possible on the pitch! Even if you’ve never flown before, come and give it a try.
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Remember we're taking to the skies again at 9 PM HOL-time tomorrow! Please arrive a few minutes early so we can get team assignments and pre-match announcements covered in time.
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Will Lestrange
Comet 180

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Thanks for taking part in the first four matches of the term!
May matches will be taking place on the 7th and 21st, both at 9 PM HOL-time in #quidditch. We hope to see as many people as possible on the pitch! Even if this is your first time flying, or you haven't been on the pitch for a long time, now is as good a time as any to get to the pitch!
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Remember there's a match tomorrow (7 May) at 9 PM HOL! Join us in #quidditch for some gravity defying action.

There's no need to sign up but please do try to arrive 10 minutes before the start so we can sort out teams.
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Remember there's a match tomorrow (21st May) at 9 PM HOL! Join us in #quidditch for some fine flying.

There's no need to sign up but please do try to arrive 10 minutes before the start so we can sort out teams.
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

We're trying something slightly different for June, as matches will take place on Sundays rather than Saturdays.

We hope you can join us on the 5th and 26th of June at 9 PM HOL in #quidditch!
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Remember there's a match tomorrow (Sunday 5th June) at 9 PM HOL in #quidditch. Really hope you can join us.... last one there's a rusty bludger! (Just kidding)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Nimbus 1001

Join us in #quidditch tomorrow (26 June) from 9 PM HOL-Time! See off the year in style with a spot of bludger dodging action.

No need to sign up beforehand. Just try to arrive 10 minutes early so we can sort out teams.
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Quidditch”