Space the Final Frontier

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Space the Final Frontier

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Are there any Star Trek fans out there?

Neville and I have always considered ourselves to be passive Star Trek fans, but when quarantine hit we decided to dive deep into the show. We had both already watched the original series years ago, so we decided to start with The Next Generation. (love that show btw). Then we moved on to Deep Space Nine, which I had never seen at all. I was annoyed at first, but then I got super into it and was sad when it ended. We started Voyager next, but took a break in between seasons 2-3, because I was bored. :lol: We just started it back up and have finally made it to Seven of Nine, which was who I wanted to "get to know" as a character.

We have watched Picard already and can't wait for season 2 and loved all the tie together story-lines. So, all that to say, who else enjoys the Star Trek Universe?
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Re: Space the Final Frontier

Post by February Fortescue »

While I enjoyed the original Star Trek, I've always been huge fan of Next Gen. The storylines were simply top notch! I don't know of any series which kept me on the edge of my seating this one did, especially the end of the third season, when Picard has become a Borg, and Riker has the best line of the entire series: "Mr. Worf: Fire."

The only criticism I ever had was that they never seemed to match up characters very well romantically. While I enjoyed Dr. Crusher's character and was glad they brought her back for the third season, McFadden and Stewart had no chemistry. I would have loved to have seen Picard and Guinan as a couple. I never really liked Troi with either Riker or Worf, although someone similar to Worf might have worked. But these are small issues.

I never gave the other series a shot although they are on my long watch list. I loved Rene Auberjonois from Benson, and Kate Mulgrew is an amazing actress, so I definitely will.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I love Star Trek!

I often watched the original show, although my favorite has to be the Next Generation, which I am currently rewatching.

I was also very skeptical of the new shows, Discovery and Picard. My apprehension about the latter was quieted since I knew Patrick Stewart and I enjoyed it. The episodes could be a little shorter, but it was not as if they dragged on and on. I hated Discovery at first what with the main character being related to one of the main characters from the "original" series, but it grew on me. I much prefer the third season since the story is now completely removed, in a way, from the others.

To those who prefer animation, I recommend Lower Decks. That show is funnier than it has any right to be. >___>
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I also really enjoy Star Trek (I blame/credit Maxim with getting me into it)

My mum and I have been making our way through Next Generation for the last year or two (mid-way through season 6 right now) and we fully intend to watch all the others in release order after that. It may well be the 24th century by the time we manage that but I'm still up for it. ;)

I'm looking forward to Voyager in particular as I really like the premise. My mum has fond memories of that one too as she used to watch it when I was a baby and she was on maternity leave.

I can see what you mean about the relationships, February. I don't think the fact that they were making it with syndication in mind helped either as it makes it really really difficult to do anything in the way of ongoing plot threads and development when the episodes have to work when watched out of order.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “TV Talk”