Reality TV

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Reality TV

Post by Prof. Limine Snidget »

I just watched The Bachelorette with my mom last night. It's sometimes silly, but we enjoy our mother-daughter time on Monday nights as we watch the drama unfold. I love to dance so I just finished up watching Dancing with the Stars and was planning on watching the new season of So You Think Can Dance that just began last night. I was wondering, what reality television shows do you all watch or do you steer clear of reality tv?
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Re: Reality TV

Post by Prof. Arielle Lemoyne »

I used to love The Amazing Race and The Biggest Loser. And once upon a time, I used to watch The Apprentice and For Love or For Money with my mom. Other than that, I hardly keep up with any shows, reality or non-reality. I watch clips of Dancing with the Stars every now and then though, and they're always fun to watch!
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

My sister got me into watching Amazing Race years ago and we still watch it. There was a casting call in Atlantic City for The Amazing Race a few years ago and we both went with our boyfriends at the time. It was an awesome experience! Even though we were standing in line for hours for just 5 minutes in front of a camera, it was so cool be with all these other hardcore Amazing Race fans and talk about favorite teams and tasks and stuff while waiting in line.

Another reality show that I loved was The Mole. I love mysteries and trying to figure out who is the one trying to sabotage everyone. Celebrity Mole with Dennis Rodman was my favorite, because I was a Chicago Bulls fan when I was younger. It was interesting for me to see another side of him.
Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Limine Snidget »

I love The Amazing Race! I would love to go on it one day, but I suspect most of my family would be horrible partners so I'm not sure who I'd even want to run the race with.

I completely forgot about The Mole! I used to really enjoy watching that and try to figure it out myself. I miss that.
Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Post by Matilde Rayne »

I used to watch Dancing with the Stars with my mom, but haven't really been into it as much the past few seasons. I do still watch clips occasionally, though, just for fun, or if someone I recognize and like is on the show. Or for Disney night, which is always fun to watch.

Then there's a couple of shows that my family watches, so I kind of just watch with them - Survivor and America's Got Talent, mostly. AGT has some interesting acts some of the time, I suppose, and I don't really get the appeal of Survivor... but I'm watching them to spend time with the family more than anything, so... there's that.

I do love The Amazing Race, though, and seeing all the places they go to! As someone who hates flying and is terrified of heights I'm not sure how much I'd like actually going on it... but it seems like an overall amazing experience, so I'd be really tempted if opportunity came up.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

I use to watch Amazing Race for a while but as soon as I got Netflix and Amazon my watch list changed Dramatically... lol However, now I watch Reality TV on there with shows like Canada's worst driver.... Wow! I wonder why we don't have that show here in the U.S. but it is sad in some parts to watch because I know for some people driving can be very terrifying and I don't take pleasure watching someone else's fear. But in some parts of the show like the Over arrogant Teen thinking he knows better than everyone else.... is hilarious when he says he can drive anything they put in front of him but in reality He Cant!!!! hahahahaha but he did learn how to become a better driver. And some of the challenges look amazing.... I wish I could take my car and do some.... they look like a ton of fun... But I love driving and I grew up driving everything I could get my hands on... plus I come from a family of racers and my father worked at American Honda head quarters and he use to bring all kinds of cars home to drive.
Some of the cooking shows I just love.... like the British Bake off... yummy and wow what talented people they get. I also love watch Chef Ramsey make over existing restaurants that are failing here in the States... That is a great show...
I use to watch America's Next Top Model.... that was fun at times. Now it's just the same thing over and over...
Oh and I just love the "Property Brothers". I will never own my own house so watching these guys refurbish or rebuild some are just amazing.
I know there are more out there, but I just can't think of anymore... lol
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

When I was 12-ish I used to watch Dance Moms and Toddlers and Tiaras (looking back on it, probably not the most appropriate). The drama got boring fairly quickly and I started watching a bunch of musical reality TV like the Voice, American Idol, and the Got Talent shows. I still occasionally watch some of these but I've mostly switched to shows like Ru Paul's Drag Race, the Great British Bake-off, Catfish, Survivor, and America's Next Top Model. I just started watching both United States and International Survivor a couple of months ago and I became absolutely obsessed with the series. It's interesting to see how people get thrown completely out of their element and have to cope with both the environmental and social conditions though, starting with season 1 probably isn't the best idea because the camera work and game have evolved a lot since its first airing in 2000.

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Annie Days
No broom

Post by Annie Days »

I love the series Alone. I love watching it and thinking about how it would feel to be out there in the wilderness on my own, with only what I have learned to keep me alive.
It is really funny how the ones that talk big are almost always the ones to tap out first.

Return to “TV Talk”