Your Favourite Shows

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Your Favourite Shows

Post by Ariella McManus »

What are some of your favourite TV shows? Why do you like them?
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Re: Your Favourite Shows

Post by Maxwell Shadow »

One of the best shows on TV started up again this week... The Great British Bake Off. What's not to love about cakes and biscuits and watching some of the elaborate designs that people come up with? Even better when things go a little bit wrong!
Slytherin forever
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

For me it's Doctor Who (obviously), Sherlock, pretty much any cooking show, and this week my 'guilty pleasure' Project Runway starts!
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

I can't miss Face Off. The contestants are all super imaginative and have the technical expertise to make their creations come to life. And I ALWAYS make time for Project Runway!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

I've been meaning to watch Face Off but haven't gotten around to it quite yet.
Alex Sparks
No broom

Post by Alex Sparks »

You mean *besides* Sherlock and Supernatural? Hmmm... QI. Will miss Mr. Fry.

Otherwise, not that much. I guess I will be hanged, drawn, and quartered for this... but I never got the hang for Dr. Who.
I love the fandom and the stuff the merchandise comes up with, from Tardis cookie cutters to the Who-Loo... but the series itself just isn't my kettle of fish.

I am a dedicated Sherlockian in waiting mode. As we tend to be :wub:
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I was very much into the musketeers and was disappointed when it was canceled. I also enjoy the Great British Bake Off.Longmire was also great before it got canceled but luckily Netflix picked it up.
I am looking quite forward to Frontier Season 2.
Image RQT 2017/18
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Oh wow! Where to begin.... I'm currently watching:
The Walking Dead, Grimm, Frankie and Grace, Hannibal, and The Worst Witch.
"The Walking Dead", well I just Can't get enough about zombies.
"Grimm", the twists put onto the fairy tales are put together really well. I'm saying this not to give anything away... but I do enjoy how these fairy tales are modernized and some are pretty Grimm... (huh? See what I did there??) Tee-hee
"Frankie and Grace", is hilarious but I could never see my folks going through their troubles....
"Hannibal", is basically from the books but brought into a modern light before Hannibal gets caught for his crimes.
"The Worst Witch", is a kids series that follows the Potter series but through a girls perspective but I enjoy it.... it's not the greatest but I watch it from time to time....
I just Binge-watched "Game of Thrones" season 7 and we'll I loved that series for the dragons and the white walkers but I truly enjoy the Drama.
"Longmire", was great.... love the locations and the drama unfolds with small town scandal and Native American Mystery.
"Sniffer", is a Russian TV series that was great solving Crimes.... can't wait for the next season.
"Downton Abbey", was a great British Drama and I just loved the outfits on top of the little dramas.
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

I LOVE 'the office', stranger things, Game of thrones, Arrow, friends, modern family and this show I watched in Netflix around 2017 or 2018 called 'Every witch Way' and 'H2O'. Also some anime shows like Hikyuu and Naruto!
Last edited by Lora Wallabenger on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

My favourite shows are The Good Doctor, Murdoch Mysteries, Pokemon, and America's Got Talent.
Augusta Daedalus
No broom

Post by Augusta Daedalus »

My favorite T.V. show is Parks and Rec. I've forced so many of my friends to watch it with me and I've binged it so many times.
Sebastien Crowley
No broom

Post by Sebastien Crowley »

My favourite shows come and go but now I'm binging Lucifer and X-Files so they're currently at the top of my list.
Amelie Phelps
No broom

Post by Amelie Phelps »

There's only a few shows I've managed to complete/keep up with that I absolutely love:
  • Everything's Gonna Be Okay (hulu)
  • Feel Good (netflix)
  • I Am Not Okay With This (netflix - cancelled)
  • Love, Victor (hulu)
  • She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (netflix reboot)
  • SKAM France (francetvslash)
  • Stranger Things (netflix)
  • Umbrella Academy (netflix)

Honorable Mentions:
I will say that I have completed Sherlock but it was a long time ago and I'm not as invested in it as general fans are, but I really liked it! I have also binged Jane the Virgin, but I lost track a while before quarantine. But I like it! Oh, and Gravity Falls is another show I'll mention that I watched growing up, and managed to follow the plot, but if you quizzed me on fine details of the show (e.g how many times does Bill Cypher appear disguised as somebody else?), I wouldn't know how to answer :'D
Alexandra Rain
No broom

Post by Alexandra Rain »

My favorite TV show at the moment is Gilmore Girls and The 100. Gilmore Girls is about a mother and daughter who are best friends and do everything together. The 100 is about teenage delinquents sent from space to figure out if Earth is live able.
Donna Jane
No broom

Post by Donna Jane »

I love TV so here are some of my favorites.
That 70s show
The Vampire Diaries
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Gossip Girl
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

I'm watching all 16 seasons of Grey's Anatomy for about the 6th time. I really miss Derek Shepherd and Cristina Yang, but the show does a great job at casting new actors, which is probably why it's still on the air

I love Supernatural. Only a handful of episodes left before it ends after 15 seasons

I just watched St. Elsewhere. That ending LOL The series is now one of my faves
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Maeve Madden
No broom

Post by Maeve Madden »

I was late to the game on this one, but I just watched Avatar: The Last Airbender for the first time. I didn't watch it as a kid, and I missed out big time! I could be convinced that this isn't a children's show, the themes it explores and the quality of the story-telling is immaculate and appropriate for an older audience. From start to finish, this show kept me hooked. It ended perfectly. Sometimes shows go on for too long and keep dragging out the story line; not Avatar, the amount of time it took was amazing. I'm working my way through The Legend of Korra now, and though it's also amazing, The Last Airbender is my favourite.
Maya Chocolate
No broom

Post by Maya Chocolate »

I love watching sitcoms for all of the humor. If I ever need a laugh, I Kew exactly what to watch
Oliver Granger
No broom

Post by Oliver Granger »

My favorite shows are definitely F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Brooklyn 99 & Superstore. I think that everyone should watch them :lol:
~ Oliver Granger Ravenclaw 1st Year B) :)
April Marigold
No broom

Post by April Marigold »

I think one of my favorite TV shows is 'Lost in Space'. I really like sci-fi movies and I'm super excited for season 3. Hope it's coming soon on Netflix! :D

Return to “TV Talk”