Questions and Messages for Admins
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
We will keep a track of change logs between each consecutive HOL update here.
- Class application forms have been added.
- Unfortunately, we will not be introducing a renewal feature for old classes for this term.
- All teachers will need to fill out a general teaching application. After they have done so, they will be able to apply to teach individual classes.
- A calendar page has been added in the footer area.
- This page showcases important dates throughout the school year, as well as the current HOL time and date.
- All icons and images now provide alternative text for members who require assistive technology to browse our site.
- All dynamically generated content is now completely accessible by keyboard and screenreaders.
- An error where pets were marked as starving overnight was corrected.
- An error where extra classes were showing up in one's profile was corrected.
- Animations for tabs and accordions were made consistent across the site.
- Formatting fixes.
- Loading speed is now increased by over 120% by enabling data compression and other optimisation features.
- The average file size was decreased by over 55%.
- We have worked hard on establishing the best possible search engine and indexing setup. We are now much easier to find on Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
- The favicon (icon in the browser tab) was updated to match the current layout.
- Requested: Links to past HOL classes have been added to member profiles.
- Some background improvements.
- More options for the Head Office have been added.
- Reported: The issue where trying to send a new message from one's profile would result in a blank new message form with no recipients was resolved.
- Reported: The issue where using double quotes in the first few characters of a message would break the layout was also fixed.
- The page has been reformatted so that only one Handbook is viewable at a time.
- The Teacher Handbook has been added to the list of Handbooks.
- Requested: One can now link to a single Handbook chapter."
- Active / Passive status is now shown in member profiles.
- Requested: House Common Room links were added under the hamburger menu on the left-hand side of the forum header.
- Reported: The issue where no visible 'x' was present when trying to dismiss alerts was fixed.
- We have introduced logging of important changes and actions on the website.
- iPhone users on both Chrome and Safari have reported that they cannot interact with header links once logged out. We are still working on resolving this issue. The current workaround is to hit the 'Sign Up' button near the footer area and then go to 'Already a member? Log in.' link. Once logged in, the header navigation should work as expected on all devices. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to iPhone users.