Guess The Quote!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

*nods* :)

You're correct, Ravariel. That is the quote!

Your turn!

It's NOT a " Y ". Comparing the letters I notice something. Oddly enough, when I copy-pasted it, that letter came through as something that looks like a 'Y'. "Уnen i-Estel Edain." I guess I do not have that alphabet on my computer ... or else the elven alphabet isn't at HOL. *cg*

ps "language-freaky" is frosty -- ie I am somewhat the same way. ^_^
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Ravariel Aiwince
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ravariel Aiwince »

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Sep 10 2011, 12:24 AM) It's NOT a " Y ". Comparing the letters I notice something. Oddly enough, when I copy-pasted it, that letter came through as something that looks like a 'Y'. "Уnen i-Estel Edain." I guess I do not have that alphabet on my computer ... or else the elven alphabet isn't at HOL. *cg*
Now that you mention it I do see the difference... odd. Ó shouldn't be all that difficult for a comp B)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Tarma Amelia Black @ Sep 10 2011, 12:24 AM) ps "language-freaky" is frosty -- ie I am somewhat the same way. ^_^
I think I'm going to like you :D

Anyway... quote. I hope this didn't appear in another scene as well, but if it did, I can't remember...

QUOTE I should have known.[/quote]
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Hrm....I think I know this one assuming it's another case of not quoting the exact words. I'm going to guess the beginning of FotR when Gandalf snags Pippin and Merry red handed after launching their pilfered firework. If that's the case then I think the line is actually "I might have know."

I won't be surprised if I'm wrong though. It's such a simple phrase it's very likely that we had both a "might" and a "should" within the three movies.
Ravariel Aiwince
Oakshaft 79

I looked it up. You are actually right *blushes* that happens when I rely on my memories. But yes, it is that quote.
Your turn :D

Third correction in a row. I think we can include a second game in the game by now: 'There is a mistake in the quote. Find it.' :P
Last edited by Ravariel Aiwince on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Ack! Been so distracted by real life going ons I entirely forgot to come back and check this! My bad >////<

But new quote:
" I hear the staff are VERY good."
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

It's from The Two Towers Extended Edition
It's Pippin, speaking to Merry.
They're at Isengard and are speaking - quite sarcasically - of the qualities of Orthanc.
Right after they find Saruman's store room and longbottom leaf....
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

You got it!
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

"Is there a captain here who still has the courage to do his lord's will?"
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Denethor to Faramir in RotK during one of his awful parenting moments before his son attempts to recapture Osgiliath
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Eia Donne wrote:QUOTE (Eia Donne @ Oct 5 2011, 03:40 AM) Denethor to Faramir in RotK during one of his awful parenting moments before his son attempts to recapture Osgiliath
Absolutely correct Eia
Your turn :)
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

" I'm very selfish, you know."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

ARG!

For some reason, as soon as I read that, I thought it was Bilbo ... talking with either Gandalf or Frodo.

Refining it, I'm thinking it was Gandalf, there in BagEnd, in the beginning of the first movie.

So there's my guess. :)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Well, you got Bag End right! Might want to rethink the answer though ^_^
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

... YAY for getting Bag End right. So the 'hunch' that Hobbit is involved is good ...

Okay, let's switch Hobbits to ... Frodo.

Frodo saying that to Gandalf? (Before the journey?)
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Nope! Frodo's involved though so you're getting the answer bit by bit XD
Ravariel Aiwince
Oakshaft 79

Is that extended edition by any chance?
Eia Donne
No broom

Post by Eia Donne »

Hrmm.... *goes to double check with google* Yes, I do believe it's from the extended edition.
Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Post by Ronja Liek »

Eia Donne wrote:QUOTE (Eia Donne @ Oct 10 2011, 03:44 AM) Hrmm.... *goes to double check with google* Yes, I do believe it's from the extended edition.
Bet it is Bilbo then. Bilbo talking to frodo?
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Bilbo is speaking to Frodo explaining why he took him in.
It's not in Bag End though... It's in the party field... right?
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

*poke*
Bag End includes more than just the 'house' portion! It's the whole grounds, including the Party Tree. (Isn't it?)

But still, yeah, I'm agreeing (without actually plopping the disc in the player OR going to 'google' it) with Ronja and Niniel in that it is Bilbo talking, like I said first. Somehow I just couldn't really make myself think it was Frodo saying that, but could easily visualize Bilbo saying it! But I didn't have it pinned down.

*waits for the answer*

*G*

Return to “HOLTS Activities”