Sims 4 & Expansions + Mods

Moderator: Prefects

Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Sims 4 & Expansions + Mods

Post by Gail Allen »

A new Expansion Pack for the Sims 4 has just been released a few days ago and I can't wait until I have time to play it, but it's also made me think about what I have loved the most in previous Expansions. I for instance loved the addition of weather, which I think many will agree on, but one of the perhaps less widespread things I love is the active careers. I absolutely love both being a scientist and a doctor. I also love playing with long lineages and making sure I have the perfect children - Top grades all the way for my Sims children!
Recently I even found a mod for the game that allowed me to make more careers active ones and to follow my kids to school. Now I rarely spend the day with the sims at home, choosing instead to either go to work with one of them or to school with the kids.

It made me think about how others play the game: Do you have mods, and if so, what are some of the things they do that you enjoy most? And do you have favourite expansion packs or aspects of expansions that you love? Or do you prefer to play the game without any expansions? And what's your favourite thing to do in the game?
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Re: Sims 4 & Expansions + Mods

Post by Emily Spencer »

I love Sims4! The only expansion pack I didn't get was Strangerville; it just didn't interest me that much. I'm super excited about the Island Life pack; I loved the water stuff in Sims3, so was stoked when this one came out. I'm in the minority, but I hope the next EP is not University. I would much rather see futuristic stuff (again like in Sims3) or have them expand on the alien world.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

Heh, I just re-read what you said Emily and well... here we are: Journey to Battuu has just been released; A crossover between the sims and StarWars and I've got to say I am pretty curious to see what it will be like. I haven't yet had the time to look into it too much except that it's there, but that should certainly give some alien stuff, though the starwars style isn't always super futuristic in all regards, but there certainly should be some.
Have anyone seen this pack yet? If so, what do you think of it?
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I haven't bought the Journey to Battuu expansion pack. The only expansion packs I have for Sims 4 so far are: Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, and Discover University. I'm not enjoying the Sims 4 as much as I enjoyed the previous generations of the Sims, I'm not sure if it's because it doesn't feel like as large a world to me, or if I'm moving away from the Sims as I age.
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

I totally understand what you mean Mia - and for me there's also some excitement missing that was there in the previous generations. For me though I am sure it's not that I am outgrowing playing the sims, but simply that some of the gameplayfeatures I enjoy and which the previous generations often had - or at least had more of - are missing from sims 4. Possibly because they are transitioning to targeting another demographic or for other reasons that I can't know.
I do find it a bit lacking too sadly though.
But I do still enjoy it, so not half bad despite everything XD

And I also haven't gotten Journey to Battuu and unless it comes on sale at some point I probably won't either.
Eudora Mandrake
No broom

Post by Eudora Mandrake »

Mia Fountain wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 am I haven't bought the Journey to Battuu expansion pack. The only expansion packs I have for Sims 4 so far are: Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, and Discover University. I'm not enjoying the Sims 4 as much as I enjoyed the previous generations of the Sims, I'm not sure if it's because it doesn't feel like as large a world to me, or if I'm moving away from the Sims as I age.
Same thing here ! I don't feel like The Sims is actually giving us what we want. To be honest I feel like the previous versions were much better, now only the graphics are better, but I still love to play it !!
Sylvia Weasley
No broom

Post by Sylvia Weasley »

I play the sims 4 a lot too but I do not have all the expansion packs I don't think it is necessary to have a good gameplay but I will have them all one day :D
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

I have played all the Sims game and love how the game has evolved throughout the years. Did you see the latest Sims 4 game pack, Dream Home Decorator? It is a dream pack for those who love to create houses and love the interior decorator aspect of the game. It brings in sectionals!! lol Its the weirdest thing I am excited about, but there are so many amazing new features.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~

Return to “Games Talk”