Tracking Gameplays

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Tracking Gameplays

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

Several people in my boardgames group track their plays through the BG Stats app, and recently I started doing the same. For me, the main motivation is having a better idea of how many unique games I've played.

Though individual scores or wins can be interesting information and I'll generally track them if time/circumstances allows, this is of less importance to me. The same too with accurate numbers for how many times I've played individual games. When I first starting adding details of games I've played to a certain website dedicated to boardgames, I ended up giving an estimate of how many plays I'd gotten in, capping it at 10.

There is a more detailed version of BG Stats, which I may opt for at a later stage, where one can compare how two or players compare with each other overall. My main hesitation though is I enjoy games for enjoyment's sake, rather than being super-focused on getting a certain score or winning.

With video games, I confess I don't track gameplays as such, but I do enjoy the built-in achievements or badges. After my first game of Civilization VI, I decided to try play as certain leaders in order to see if I could pull off certain combinations to unlock further achievements/badges.

Do you track any of the games you play or elements of them?
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Re: Tracking Gameplays

Post by Adeline Morior »

I love to track things on games I play. Anything from achievements, badges to collectables. I love the feeling of completion so I would always aim for it. Every achievement, every badge, all collectables, all story and side missions. With board games I do the same.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Games Talk”