Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery – A New Mobile Game!

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery – A New Mobile Game!

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Jam City and Warner Brothers have created a new mobile game called Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, coming in the spring of 2018! It will be available from the App Store, Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.

This role-playing game is a prequel to the book series, i.e., it takes place before Harry’s time and you will be able to create your own character and take classes such as DADA, Potions, and Duelling. Some of the professors, like Dumbledore and Hagrid, will remain the same but the students will all be new characters.

Frankly, I can’t wait to try it out!
What are your thoughts?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Re: Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery – A New Mobile Game!

Post by Gail Allen »

I think that sounds very interesting!
I will absolutely be trying it out. I am very curious how it will be carried out and I can't wait to find that out. But it's definitely something I will be interested in finding out.
I love that they are making these kinds of games!
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

There's another mobile game coming out? How exciting! They are making so many of them and it makes me happy, but I do wonder how much time I'll have left after I become addicted to them like I already have Cases from the Wizarding World. I definitely will be checking it out however.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Post by Astaria Rivers »

I love RPs! I didn't know a Harry Potter game was coming out. I played the first ones on console years ago. I'm not a fan of mobile games, but I'll look at this one. I'd like being a student and seeing what the plot is this time.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I just saw. The game releases on April 25th this year! That's in less than two weeks? Are you all ready to play it? I know I am! The footage of it that I saw looks so cool and apparently they have the actors from the movie voicing their respective roles in the game as well! How exciting is this? I'm excited!
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

It's launched!

Here there be MAGIC.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

No spoiler review:

I love it! I just wish the energy refreshes weren't so expensive!

Also, I couldn't use "Arianna Stonewater" so I went with Ari Stonewater
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

This game is so awesome! I'm loving the mystery part of it, and I just want to know more about it. I can't stop playing! It's really addictive. I was able to use Shiloh Adlar, so I was happy.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

some thoughts:

-The missing brother plotline is similar to Alice's plotline in the beginning of The Magicians
-i love tracing the spells, it breaks up the monotony of tapping to get things done
-i am a Slytherin, why does Snape hate me?
- why do I have to wait so long to go to Hagrid's?
-i really live the detail in the design
- baby fang is so cute! (Tap on the stick on the ground when you're outside. Plus it gives you energy!)
- why is my bully also a Slytherin? They could have made her any of the other houses
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

I'm start playing it!
The graphics is cool, and i like the details, if i could whine a little, the energy are too little.
I use resyarrina elora!! Hehe.. I'm happy so far and right, this is so addicting.
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

So I’m playing this game here and there, and yes, the energy takes a while, but it’s really fun.

Sadly, I was not able to use “Shadow Gaunt” but in honor of Sky Alton I named my character “Sky Cather” (I forgot the last name but it started with a C)

I really like this game so far, but as everyone said, why must the bully be a Slytherin. And why does Snape hate me automatically????
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Maude Rudd
No broom

Post by Maude Rudd »

Absolutely am addicted to this game. I’m a level 3 Magizoologist currently on Hogwarts Mystery. I have worked very hard and adopted a Niffler, a Porlock and bought a ginger cat as my companion pet. It’s so fun. Although the energy runs out quickly during activities... None the less, I love it! :D
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Maude Rudd wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:23 am Absolutely am addicted to this game. I’m a level 3 Magizoologist currently on Hogwarts Mystery. I have worked very hard and adopted a Niffler, a Porlock and bought a ginger cat as my companion pet. It’s so fun. Although the energy runs out quickly during activities... None the less, I love it! :D
Yes! i love that they're adding new pets and now the care of magical creatures aspect too; very cool!!
Alexander Barnes-Rogers
No broom

Post by Alexander Barnes-Rogers »

I love the game I just had to quite playing since I have a lot on my plate with School and other things.
Dexter York
No broom

Post by Dexter York »

:ph34r: I completely forgot about this game! I am about one day in and I am not feeling the excitement. I like that you can customize your character and choose various responses but energy limitation is not fun. I also would like to choose my own friends even if they are NPC (non-player character).

What I really want is an open world game. I used to play Harry Potter games on Playstation 1, they were offline and had a quest line you had to follow but you still could explore the castle.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

The game was fun until I had to duel the centaur in the forest in like my fourth year. I couldn’t win that duel and ended up running out of coins to keep playing so just stopped playing cause it was impossible LOL
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Wren Lovegood
No broom

Post by Wren Lovegood »

I love this game so much! Ngl I'm sort of addicted :)
Phobia Meddlstone
No broom

Post by Phobia Meddlstone »

I love this game. I don't really like how snape hates you from the start but I am toatally addicted. it is soo soo soo good.
Oliver Granger
No broom

Post by Oliver Granger »

Same I love the game so much, I'm currently in year 2 because it takes ages to get power points to finish classes :angry: but I still love it :wub:. Also have you guys heard about the new PS4 game coming out soon called Hogwarts Legacy? It's meant to be like a roleplay! I'm so excited for it! :D
~ Oliver Granger Ravenclaw 1st Year B) :)

Return to “Games Talk”