World Of Warcraft

Moderator: Prefects

Silde Owen
No broom

Post by Silde Owen »

Right I can't possibly be the only WoW player on HOL. So come tell me about your game.

I play on Shadowsong EU. I started in December 07 so a relative newbie as most people I know got the game when it came out. I used to think of it as a bit ultra geeky but my boyfriend (hadn't been going out long at the time) convinced me I'd enjoy it. (Was also nice to stay in touch when our relationship was long-distance by playing together.)

Two years later I'm still quite a casual player and I prefer solo questing (What many consider the boring part) to hooking up for big raids and so on. I've never ever done PvP apart from the odd skirmish out in the normal PvE world. However I've been thinking lately it's about time I got more involved with those high level aspects since my 80 barely gets out these days, so we'll see how that goes.

My characters are as follows (with links to wowarmory.)

Silde level 80 night elf hunter
Herja level 78 draenei warrior
Mithren level 69 night elf priest
Corgan level 56 human rogue
Breña level 42 gnome mage

Well those are my mains anyway. I have five others that I haven't played in months.
Um, I don't know what else to say now. Who's looking forward to Cataclysm? I'm scared, I don't like change!
Last edited by Silde Owen on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Lol I used to be seriously addicted to WoW at one point. I played around 2006/2007. I had days when I wouldn't sleep like two or three days in a row just because I was busy with some quest or a group riding. Though I'm one of those people that don't like when something gets TOO much attention, so when everyone in my town started playing, I stopped (which is the same case with Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne).

To be honest, I'm not sure at which server I played, nor how my hero was called, I just remember it was a 80 level human paladin. I did made a second one, but I only got to level 30ish with that one, it was a night elf (I don't remember what exactly it was, but I -think- it was a hunter).

Anyway, that was my game on the official servers (where you pay to keep your account), before that I was just playing on those silly free servers that go down after some time. Plus they let you earn more experience and you level up way faster. It was fun really, but I stopped playing it. It was taking too much of my time and EVERYONE was playing it so I got kinda bored. Now I don't even know what's happened with the game, are there any major changes? What's that Cataclysm you mentioned? I'm definitely not getting back to playing it, but yeah, I have some cool fun memories from it. :)
Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silde Owen
No broom

Post by Silde Owen »

I don't know that many people IRL who play it. And none on my server apart from my boyfriend.

Cataclysm is the new expansion. Did you play after the first expansion, Burning Crusade, came out? There has been another on in between as well, Wrath of the Lich King. They both introduced new continents, but Cataclysm is altering the old continents as well as adding two new races.
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Lol I know lots of RL people, friends of mine, that play it. And yeah, I played it with the Burning Crusade and the Wrath of the Lich King expansions, I guess I'm only missing the Cataclysm.

Is it out already? Or will it be released in near future?
Silde Owen
No broom

Post by Silde Owen »

Oh, well you can't have played that long ago then, Lich King only came out at the end of 08. Cataclysm is due in the summer I believe.

I can't play at the moment because I've only got a 56k connection while I'm waiting to have my broadband set up (I've just moved in to a new flat.) I'm missing it like crazy and I don't even play that much usually!
Quixotica Maledicent
No broom

Post by Quixotica Maledicent »

I'm addicted to this game! I played on Nordrassil EU as a Blood elf mage then I ventured on to a bunch of private servers with my guild.
Cinder Eladin

Post by Cinder Eladin »

Any of you guys going to BlizzCon this year? I went last year and it was a BLAST! Cannot wait until this year.

Nerds + gaming convention + parties == unforgettable weekend! (That's real math right there.)

My HOL name is actually my WoW name - Cindereladin (combination of Cinderella and Paladin.) It's sort of my online alias now. I don't play as much as I used to, but I've met and made many friends through World of Warcraft. I'm a huge advocate of MMORPGs as a form of social networking, so long as 1) you don't get addicted and 2) you are willing to meet people outside of Azeroth!
Last edited by Cinder Eladin on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erin Llewellyn
No broom

Post by Erin Llewellyn »

I quit a few months ago, largely because I had gotten really bored with Cataclysm. I was just enjoying Wrath raiding a lot (we were working through ICC and some of the Ulduar Hard Mode achievements when Cata hit) and the idea of starting over raiding really made me go ugh. I just didn't feel as attached to Cataclysm as I did to Wrath - I guess I just liked the Wrath storyline much better, and I loved the Northrend zones.

I played an Alliance Paladin on Maelstrom before faction/server transferring to Wyrmrest Accord, which is an AMAZING RP server with great people on it. I made a few new characters, but I was very much regretting I changed my paladin to a blood elf - I missed my draenei! A lot of things clinched it for me that I just wasn't enjoying WoW anymore, but I still have fond memories of the game and would recommend it to anybody with imagination - the lore really makes the game.

Thanks to Brie MacKenna for this beautiful bit of art!
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I used to play on Sisters of Elune, but gave it up a few months ago due to financial reasons. My highest toon was a lvl 80 human Warlock named Avelyn.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Remy Atkins
No broom

Post by Remy Atkins »

I've been playing World of Warcraft since Wrath of the Lich King as a warlock. I played as an Alliance first, then had a faction change to Horde. I switched servers quite a bit as well because: 1) I wanted to play with my IRL friend that I met in college, 2) My guild had a server change and I couldn't imagine life in World of Warcraft without them.

When Cataclysm came out, I was playing on and off because of school. I graduated in May 2011, and then I got a job in June. And then I left the country in August. I didn't touch the game for half a year, and now I'm back in playing the game-- limited to a few hours per day (NOT playing till dawn-- which is a good thing!)

Anyway, I play on World of Warcraft (US) - Mug'thol.
Wicket Wilcox
No broom

Post by Wicket Wilcox »

Did that just say what I thought it said? WoW? I love WoW!! But my highst player is only lvl 28
Thanks Maxim and Joey!
Eno Thomas
Moontrimmer

Post by Eno Thomas »

<_<
>_>

I've been playing it for the past year and I must say that it's freaking addicting. My favorites classes are priest (healer) and Demonology Warlock. I'm actually playing in a private server called Wowreach. It's a pretty nice server with a good GM support.

Yeah, Cataclysm is pretty boring although I like the story line quests better than in WotLK. WotLK is the real deal when it comes to raiding tho, 5+ hours in ICC makes your head go boom. I've done that crap only once, not doing it again for that long, lol.
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Re: World Of Warcraft

Post by Astaria Rivers »

I am so happy to see this topic on here even if it's a few years old. I also play world of warcraft. Some friends and I are dressing up as heroes from the game for a halloween party we're going to, and I'm going as Tyrande Whisperwind. I play both alliance and horde, I main alliance night elf discipline priest. I'm currently leveling up a human mage.

Since I'm reviving this topic, is anyone playing now during Legion? It's definitely better than Warlords, but WotLK will always be my favorite expansion. I often will go back and run old content just to experience again.

Return to “Games Talk”