May Lee
No broom

Post by May Lee »

I only played 'back to nature', but i love this game so much.. hehe
>> Burn the evils of the world with brilliant truth <<
Andrea Divarani
No broom

Post by Andrea Divarani »

I LOVE this game! it's soo addicting! it was my friends that got me into this game, they talked about it at school but I wasn't really interested at it 'cause I thought taking care of a farm isn't fun /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
but then I got curious and bought the game and then I got hooked to the game! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
I only play 'Back to Nature' and there, I married Karen /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Zach Goldenfarb
No broom

Post by Zach Goldenfarb »

Lucky, you got a snes, but sorry, I've never played it, but I've heard of it, sounds cool though./smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Gryffindor 2007-2008 for the cup!
You know you want to win.
MAKE AS MANY POINTS AS YOU CAN!
Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Post by Marguerite Davenport »

I love the Harvest Moon games, my favorite was the one for N64. It's the coolest game ever.
Proud Member of the Sneer Squad & President of the Order of the Blanket
Proud D. A. MEMBER
Fifth-Year Slytherin Pure Blood

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
Vivyx Ventricosa
No broom

Post by Vivyx Ventricosa »

I absolutely love harvest moon! Hardly anyone that I know plays it though. I have "A wonderful life" for gamecube and I've been trying to beat it for years but its too freakin long haha. The graphics are beautiful in it.
Cassi Phoenixfire
No broom

Post by Cassi Phoenixfire »

Marguerite Davenport wrote:QUOTE (Marguerite Davenport @ Oct 12 2007, 08:01 PM) I love the Harvest Moon games, my favorite was the one for N64. It's the coolest game ever.

I completely agree!!!
Have you ever tried to go back and play it though? The time moves SOO much quicker than the other games..

I'm a Harvest Moon fanatic.. and own nearly every version of the game, from the super nintendo to the wii, along with the portable versions.

It's a horrible addiction!

the N64 version and Back to Nature will always remain my favorites.
Rosalin Wood
No broom

Post by Rosalin Wood »

I prefered one of the first Harvest Moon Games. The best one for my opinion was the one for the Super Nintendo. It was so much fun! It had such great features.
Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ely Granger »

I like it!
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------
Cheryl Christy
No broom

Post by Cheryl Christy »

I love Harvest Moon, although I've only played 4 series of it: Friends of Mineral Town, More Friends of Mineral Town (both for GBA), Back To Nature, and A Wonderful Life. I played Back To Nature first, and I only managed to play 2 years of the game (until Spring if I'm not mistaken) because after that, my PlayStation got broken. Then, I played FOMT and MFOMT in my computer with GBA emulator. I accidentally skipped one of the TV Shopping Network product, which omitted my mood to keep playing XD
Cheryl Christy ch1157;
a proud first year Gryffindor
Current status: hiatus for a week or two, due to mid term exam.
Current reading: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
Lanna Aquarra
No broom

Post by Lanna Aquarra »

Harvest Moon is so addicting for me, but I tend to like the older games better than the new ones.
The first one I played was A Wonderful Life for the Gamecube... and out of all the ones I've played, I'd say that AWL and More Friends of Mineral Town rank high. I've also tried Magical Melody (not that great, in my opinion), and I've heard of Back to Nature and the other older ones, but I've never played those. :P

For the DS, I've tried Island of Happiness and Havest Moon DS (Cute), but they've never really matched up to the gameplay that I had in AWL. I've also tried the other two Wii ones... I think they're called Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade. There's also a new one coming out (Grand Bazaar?) but I'm not sure how good that one would be. I guess, if anything, Tree of Tranquility isn't bad, and I was addicting to that one for a while. I think I'm a sucker for the older games though. :P

"Somtimes, when you hold on too much, it becomes impossible to let go."
"Then don't."
"Then don't what?"
"Don't let go."
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

I'm playing FOMT at the moment on my computer's emulator. I'm totally addicted! I remember playing the PS version but that was a loooong time ago, i'm sure i liked it though.

Once I save up for a DS ill buy the DS version if its any good.
Lanna Aquarra
No broom

Post by Lanna Aquarra »

I love FoMT and MFoMT (bascially the same except your player's gender, but they were both good. :P ). I only really was addicted to the girl version though. xD
Which bachorette (FoMT) did you choose? :)

If you've ever played AWL, then basically the HM DS, and HM DS Cute are a 2D version of Forget-Me-Not-Valley in AWL. It wasn't that great for me because I had already been spoiled by the nice 3D in AWL for the Gamecube. (Funny how it works, huh?) I just didn't play it after a few days. Too used to the 3D - esque like version. :P
The other ones are just... there. IoH is alright, I guess.
Last edited by Lanna Aquarra on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Then don't."
"Then don't what?"
"Don't let go."
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

I chose Popuri :) and so far i have her on Red heart but i dont have all the stuff from the shopping network yet.

And I've never playing A Wonderful Life, but by the way you describe it i'd be better off buying an old gamecube and getting that instead! It would probably be cheaper too ...
Lanna Aquarra
No broom

Post by Lanna Aquarra »

Ooh, Popori. xD She's so adorable. Aww.. :P
LOL, I remember I was so spazzed with the Shopping Network because I couldn't find where the phone was to call in. I figured out it was at the Inn eventually.
That HM game has so many marriage requirements, and they're all form the Shopping Network! I had so many issues with that... xD The other games loosen up on all that requirement... stuff...
I wish your rucksack was bigger. :P

Haha, maybe it's not that great, but I like it better for the Gamecube. Plus, your character's cuter. (3D character face! And he has no hat! *GASP*). :lol:

"Then don't."
"Then don't what?"
"Don't let go."
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

Yeah, I've kinda gotten bored with the game now, because I still haven't gotten married.
And yeah running around collecting all the grasses and stuff is tough because theres not enough bag space!

Hmm, I don't have a Gamecube but I think 3D faces would be super cute!
Laurie Lovegood
No broom

Post by Laurie Lovegood »

Oh man, I love Harvest Moon games! The one I've played most recently is Boy & Girl for the PSP, though. And before that I was playing Rune Factory one, for the DS. That one was funny, because of the monsters and stuff you can kill. (:
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

Hey Laurie, I've never played either of those versions before.
I didn't know you could kill monsters! What else is different about that game?
Laurie Lovegood
No broom

Post by Laurie Lovegood »

Bella ~ Haha, a lot! There are no farm animals at all! There are a bunch of caves, and you must beat one cave before you can go in the next one. And you get your eggs and milk and stuff from the monsters if you have a glove you pet them while they're attacking you and they get sent to your monster huts. It's reeeeeally fun (:
Callysta Fairley
No broom

Post by Callysta Fairley »

I play that game, and I liked it a lot:3
but now my disk was broken and I can't play it anymore:(
how sad I am
Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Re: Harvest Moon (all)

Post by Leonie Hauri »

I have a Harvest Moon game but I never really saw the point of it? I guess I'm missing out on something, maybe? Because no matter how long I play it all I can do is plant crops and earn money. I can't figure out how to do anything else.
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Return to “Games Talk”