Mass Effect

Prof. Amy Lupin
Comet 180

Mass Effect

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:54 am

A fellow HOLer recommended Mass Effect to me and so far I'm loving it. This took me somewhat by surprise as this is the first proper science fiction video game I've played (I tend to prefer RPGs with fantasy elements).

I'm still in the early stages of the game, but the storyline and the world-building appeal to me, not to mention the depth to the various characters' backstories. I really like how one's dialogue and squad choices seem to have more impact on gameplay than most other games. I'm still getting the hang of combat (I may have had to reload several times >>), but there's a lot more strategy to it than the average "hack and slash" RPG.

Has anyone else played the original trilogy or the latest installment Mass Effect: Andromeda?

Note: Although the first game came out more than 10 years ago, please use spoiler tags when discussing specific plot points or characters, so that those new to the franchise can still experience these first-hand.

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale

Return to “Games Talk”