What's the Latest Movie You've Watched?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Violet Willoughby
No broom

Re: What's the Latest Movie You've Watched?

Post by Violet Willoughby »

I recently watched "SPLIT" not for the first time though, considering it's been out for about 4 years now. I rewatched it with a couple of friends since Halloween is soon and it is a great movie. I'm not sure I would call it horror because it wasn't super scary it was just very.. well I guess thrilling would be the word. To give a quick gist of the movie it's about these three girls who get kidnapped by a manic guy with DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and one of his alters is a 'monster' that is the main bad guy while his other personalities try to save the girls. I would definitely suggest this movie to someone who loves horrors or thrillers.

Tags:
Daria Summers
No broom

Post by Daria Summers »

The latest movie I watched has been the new live action Mulan, even though I was a bit disappointed by the fact that there was no Mushu or actual Cricket, I enjoyed the movie thoroughly, especially with the diverse powerhouse characters that were present.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I am joining the Enola Holmes wagon. I watched it with a girl I am babysitting and as a ACD purist, I was extremely skeptical. I prepared myself for two hours of excruciating pain, but truth be told, I was pleasantly surprised by the movie.

It was charming, sincere and humorous, though there were some parts where you really had to suspend belief, but hey, that goes for some Sherlock Holmes stories as well. All main actors did a terrific job, I just wish we saw more of Helena Bonham Carter, since ultimately she was the one I was looking forward to see the most.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Zee Chibuike
No broom

Post by Zee Chibuike »

There's this Netflix film called Midnight at the Magnolia :wub: it's really cute, tbh. My sister says the acting was bad but I personally loved it, probs cos im so into romantic movies lol like my mother. I literally almost cried bcos of the end, it was the cutest thing! I don't know if anyone will like it so much, I know I was feeling a little emotional that day but im definitely going to watch it again. No spoilers, tho, just try it first and see whether you react like I did or like my sister did ^_^
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, because my sister want to watch it on Christmas Day. Before that, I watched Mulan, the live action. Nice though but I love the animated version better than this one.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Me and my partner just watched so many holiday movies, but I believe the most recent one was “Elf.” I know it’s a classic to so many people, and rightfully so. It’s such a spectacularly put together family film, whether you look at the writing, casting, or the spirit of what it represents, I’ve never gotten tired of seeing it no matter how many years it winds up on our list of movies watched around this time of year.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Azriel Malfoy
No broom

Post by Azriel Malfoy »

A few days ago I watched The Devil Wears Prada, a movie one of my friends has been telling me to watch for ages. And actually I very much enjoyed it, despite not being too big on the topic of fashion/luxury brands/basically everything in the movie. If you're looking for something light for a chill evening, I recommend this ^_^
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

I just recentley went to the cinema for the first time this year since the cinemas finally reopened in my country and I watched Godzilla vs Kong and I really really loved it! An easy and exciting watch for my first time back in cinemas and my first solo cinema trip too!
Willow Carter
No broom

Post by Willow Carter »

Shiloh Adlar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 am I just got done watching Inside Out tonight, and I must admit, although a little odd at times, it definitely makes my list of favorite animated films. I related to it personally, and I found it to be very inspiring. These are always my favorite types of movies, the ones that make me feel or think strongly on a certain topic. It made me re-think a lot of things going on right now and that maybe they're not as bad as they seem. I just have to let go of the things I can't change and find joy in those things that I still can.

So what's the latest movie you watched that rang some sort of bell within you and for what reason? Did it inspire you? Did it make you think? Maybe it made you laugh really hard on a day that you needed it, or maybe it was just a good film that you want to recommend. Let us know!
I just watched Prime Video's Cinderella (Camila Cabello) yesterday and Disney's Cruella this morning. The next movie I plan on watching is Black Widow. I still haven;t gotten around to it.
Avery Hill
No broom

Post by Avery Hill »

I watched this movie yesterday, it’s called Ice Road
Bailey Smith
No broom

Post by Bailey Smith »

The latest movie that I watched was actually Jurassic Park. I am not actually a big fan of the series, but it was okay. Before that, I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them for the first time. It was an amazing movie and would be in the top 5 ever.
Cole Thronheart
No broom

Post by Cole Thronheart »

The last east movie I have watch is the new Halloween movie. It wasn’t really worth it in my opinion. I prefer the first 3. I don’t see a need to keep making them.
Luna Lemongrass
No broom

Post by Luna Lemongrass »

Hi Everyone! I'm Luna and im new here! The last movie i watched believe it or not was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (For the millionth time!!) I just love all these films :)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

My significant other and I just made our way through the first three Spiderman films. They hold a special place in his heart since the first one was the very first movie he was able to sit through the entire time when he saw it in theatres. I, most unfortunately, had not seen any of them, and since he had all three on DVD we watched them over the past couple weeks. I know there are divisive opinions on Spider-Man 3, but for the most part I still enjoyed it. I understand why the particular scenes that get flack are not favored, but the rest of the movie is fairly good and the characterization, though frustrating, is very real and flawed so I'm sure people can relate to aspects of it.
Elise Sotsvan
No broom

Post by Elise Sotsvan »

The latest movie I watched was 'His House' on Netflix.
Lou Dawson
No broom

Post by Lou Dawson »

The latest movie I watched was "Captain America". I know I know I'm a little late but that was the first Marvel movie that I watched. I loved every second of it. I was a little confusing but I watched it with my best friend, she watched it before but she helped explain it to me when I had questions. She is the one that actually got me to watch Harry Potter. :P
Tanisha Sparks
No broom

Post by Tanisha Sparks »

The latest movie I've watched would be Cruella. It was a very interesting and entertaining movie, I really enjoyed watching it.
Jodie Smith
No broom

Post by Jodie Smith »

Under duress, I've watched Paw Patrol movie. I've got young kids that're currently obsessed with it and it seems most of their allowed technology time, I'm subjected to Disney and cartoons like that.

As for myself, the last movie that I've watched is The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. LOTR and Hobbit trilogy are one of my favorite movies and now that I'm in Hobbit class, I see it as an excuse to rewatch them again and again. :lol:
Elyse Levine
No broom

Post by Elyse Levine »

I'm currently on a whole Marvel binge, all in order for both the movies and the TV shows. I find it fascinating how everything ties together. For example, during Thor: The Dark World when the Dark Elves ship had come to Earth and there was that huge fight between Thor and Malekith, and a lot of stuff was destroyed, it shows the characters in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D cleaning up the mess. There are also a ton of other parallels in the series, and I'm loving it.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

The latest Spiderman movie and the Spider verse Animation movie. I am most excited to watch Uncharted and Dr. Strange.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Movie Talk”