Prompt: Sunny Days

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Prompt: Sunny Days

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

Recently, I just finished reading a book about hope, and that made me think about how that emotion leaves me a warm, nice feeling that I instantly relate with the sun.

I used to have a teacher that talked about sunny days, but not in the literal sense. Sunny days as those days in which you simply feel happy about something. My teacher said that for her, a sunny day would be the one in which she had time to do what she had to do, but also time to do what she wanted to do.

So, what would your sunny day look like? For March’s Prompt, I would like you to make a drawing or graphic in which you show us your perfect Sunny Day! Try to go beyond the literal meaning of the concept, but of course, if your sunny day involves a day in the beach, that’s totally fine!

Please share your work replying to this thread. Remember to keep everything HOL appropriate, adhering to all HOL rules, and keeping your submissions 600x600 pixels or smaller.

You'll earn 20 beans for completing this prompt as well as it counting towards the chance to snag our shiny Ink Splatters award.

There is no deadline as such for these prompts but if you’d like it to count towards your chance of earning the award for a specific year, we’ll need it by the end of that school year. If you’re comfortable sharing, then post below. If not, email your image and description to us via hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces).
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: March Prompt: Sunny Days

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

My “sunny day” or happy day would be reading a book and eating cookies.

Image shows light blue book on a light purple background. Someone’s head is peeking over the book and they’re reaching around the book to grab a cookie off an indigo plate.
Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: EDIT 4/13.2018: 20 Beans sent - Gus
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

My sunny day would be sitting by a tree and relaxing with a cup of something hot and doing nothing. (I had just wandered off to look at something, will return to the cuppa hot soon!)

Graphic shows stick figure tree - greens for tree limbs and browns for tree bark. By it is a chair, black and grey, with a little table to the side. On the table is a red cup. It's just quiet and still and peaceful.
Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist »

I had to admit that my sunny day would be the really sunny day, walk on the beach with a dog and some swimming after this.

Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT 7/07.2018: 20 Beans sent - Gus
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Image shows two instances of cuddling. A couple and next to them on the left, a human cuddling his dog. They are set on a background scattered with hearts.
Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Re: Prompt: Sunny Days

Post by Amy Smith »

Return to “Ink Splatters”