Harry Potter and the Endless In-Jokes

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Harry Potter and the Endless In-Jokes

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Is there a Harry Potter quote, reference or joke that’s crept in to your day to day life?

Sometimes when my family are discussing what we all have planned for the day and I don’t have anything particularly noteworthy to report, I’ll trot out ‘and I’ll be in my room, making no noise and pretending I’m not there.’ It always raises a smile.

Does anyone else do anything like this?
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Re: Harry Potter and the Endless In-Jokes

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Now that I've finished my laughing fit :lol: yes, I do that all the time too. The biggest thing I'll say is 'riddikulus' instead of 'ridiculous' in any conversation. I do get the occasional strange look, but people mostly ignore it. My sister and I will say 'obviously' in the Snape-like accent and we'll say 'Siriusly' with the insinuation towards Sirius.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

:lol: In-jokes are the best!

Besides the drawing out of the word "Obviously", I also love to use "No need to call me sir" when a person is being particularly condescending.

My favorite though is to use "Dobby is free!" whenever I am done with a particular task, or someone throws a piece of clothing at me.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Meg Atmoste
No broom

Post by Meg Atmoste »

I'm continuously saying "You're going to take someone's eye out!" when my brother is trying to use chopsticks. He waves them around and still can't use them. I love using Hermione's quote for that.

Another one I use is for when my brother, again, starts going crazy over a movie or show so I say Ginny's line, "I think you're in love, Ron" but change Ron's name to my brother's. :lol:

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”