What book you have read would make a great movie?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

What book you have read would make a great movie?

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Lots of these movies, of movies that we have watched, had their origins in books, comic strips and even songs!

What book have you read, which hasn't yet been discovered and/or made into a movie, which you think would make a great movie? (It's okay to mention it if the book was made into a television show or series.)

The book which brought this topic to mind is Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

I'm just not very certain as to who could play the parts of Crowley (a demon) and Aziraphale (an angel).

No, take that back. I know EXACTLY who could play Crowley -- Robert Downey Junior. So who could play Aziraphale?

Hmmm.

So what book is a favorite of yours and you wish it would be made into a movie (as long as it was a GOOD movie -- well done)?

Who would you have starring in it, and in what roles?
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Tags:
Elphias Knightley
No broom

Re: What book you have read would make a great movie?

Post by Elphias Knightley »

I'd have to say anything from the Skulduggery Pleasant series. They're very funny and spectacularly-well written; I'd say they'd make an excellent movie adaption.
Natasha Martin
No broom

Post by Natasha Martin »

When I first read the Inkheart series, I thought they would make awesome movies and then the one with Brendan Fraser came out and I was so disappointed, they could have done so much better. I hope one day someone does a remake, but better. :D It's also the same with Eragon, that could have been as epic as Harry, but they FAILED.
Trystanne McAndrews
No broom

Post by Trystanne McAndrews »

A Moment In Time, by Bertice Small, would make an awesome movie. It's a historical romance/reincarnation book, but it would be so cool to see it come to life in a movie.
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I feel that Sabriel and the rest of the books in the series would make excellent movies with the way they combine magic,sword play, and fire arms.
Image RQT 2017/18
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Cinder by Marissa Meyer would make an amazing sci-fi/steampunk movie. I would love to see someone be able to breath life into the wonderful world she has created full of cyborgs, robots, spaceships, and the people of Luna.

I also would love to see Heartless by Marissa Meyer would make a great movie especially for those of us you love Alice in Wonderland. It is a great book that gives us a deeper look into one of the memorable characters in Alice in Wonderland.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Scarlett Lacarnum
No broom

Post by Scarlett Lacarnum »

There are two trilogies that I thought would make great movies, but I recently learned that one is already becoming a movie. That’s The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken.

The Razorland Series by Ann Aguire would make a good movie. It has a lot of dystopian elements but the characters are great and all three books are solid.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

I'll have to agree with Nessa on this one. Cinder would be a great book to turn into a movie! All of the Lunar Chronicles would be amazing in movie form. Personally, I'd say Winter would probably be my favorite to see as a movie because it's the ending battle and a lot is going on in that book. Since Cress is my favorite character though, I would love to have that book as a movie as well :lol: It would be interesting to see how they incorporate the moon and all of the space technology into such a film. Case in point, just make the entire Lunar Chronicles series into movies and I will be very happy XD
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I am a big fan of Neil Gaiman, and with some of his other projects getting series, I would throw The Graveyard Book into the mix. I'm not sure if it could carry a television series, but a movie would be awesome. A series I would love to see is The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny. It's similar to Game of Thrones, but different enough to hold it's own. Personally, I actually liked it better than Game of Thrones, but that's just me.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Audrey Nagid
No broom

Post by Audrey Nagid »

I would definitely choose The Unwanteds series. Its a mix of Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. Its one of the best series I know. I cant really think of any actors who would plays the roles of anyone, but I'm sure they are out there.
Sakura Rose
No broom

Post by Sakura Rose »

The book that I believe would make a great movie series is the house of night series. I believe it would make a good movie because it has a good story line and it keeps you on the edge of your seat (or at least that is me). Personally I believe the story lines falls on a mystery in a way genre wise and maybe in some way a love story (even if it is a love for friends).

What are the opinions of my fellow classmates who have read this series.
Carrie Warts
No broom

Post by Carrie Warts »

I have to say maybe After would make a great romantic movie, also The Tattooist of Auschwitz and The Ballerina of Auschwitz.
Thank you Ivey for my lovely first Siggy <3
Kanika Rayne
No broom

Post by Kanika Rayne »

Years ago I read this book called "The Last Book in The Universe" it was about a teenager who survived the end of the world and to keep himself while he tried to survive he wrote everything down in case something happened to him and someone else found it. It told his story about what happened to the world. The whole book was written from his point of view as if he were telling it. I think it would be awesome as a movie.
Aurelia Grayson
No broom

Post by Aurelia Grayson »

Although I do believe if this book were to be made into a movie it would be highly controversial due to the content displayed in the novel "The Bully Book" by Eric Kahn Gale would make an awesome movie I think as it would shed light on the consequences bullying has on children that could help to stop it from happening as much at schools across the world.
Claire Fandinia
No broom

Post by Claire Fandinia »

The Keeper of the Lost Cities series would be an AMAZING movie series because it's full of action and I know that a lot of fans also want it to be a movie!!! :)
Septima Lestrange
No broom

Post by Septima Lestrange »

Any Warhammer 40k book. It’s such a great universe. A better sci-fi environment than star trek or Star Wars in my personal opinion, primarily because I think they do better to blend fantasy elements. If both of those sci fi worlds got movies and franchisees built around them I think Warhammer deserves one as well
Karena Ward
No broom

Post by Karena Ward »

I think the book "The rules for disappearing" Would be a great movie. The girl is in the witness protection program, you don't see many movies out there with this and I think it would be a great movie. I would say Chloë Grace Moretz would make a great main character for the movie.
Karena Ward
Jane Sera
No broom

Post by Jane Sera »

Two years ago I read a book called "Hujan" by Tere Liye. That's a great book! If it were a movie, it would be a great movie! :D
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

I've read a book called Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel and I think it would translate so interesetingly on screen!
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

I am currently reading Crooked Kingdom. The second and last book (as far as I know) in the Six of Crows series.

I know there is a tv show to do with this book series called Shadow and Bone. It has dofferent storylines, but same characters. I would love to see movies based on these books. One movie per book with the same storylines as the books. That would be cool and it would bring the story more to life.

Return to “Movie Talk”