Flash Fiction

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Re: Flash Fiction

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

cane, theatre, moon

Wicked had just ended so Nessa handed Dave his cane to help him get up. They walked out of the theatre and looked up to see a harvest moon rising. (30 words)

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Although she really wished she was in a theatre, she had to settle for watching movie classics with a bowl of popcorn in a moonlit room. She sighed as an elegant Fred Astaire danced with his cane and cloned male entourage in Top Hat; life was simpler then. (49 words)
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

With full moon high in the sky, the door slammed open as the nurses wheeled a person into the operating theatre. They were followed by a man with a cane, who had to stay outside, hoping his friend would recover from the vicious bite.

44 words
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Arm in arm, the couple strolled under the light of the silver moon. He jauntily twirled his walking cane. What a grand night for a theatre excursion! The girl smiled and gifted him with a kiss. His night was complete. (40 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Our 5th week of September gives us these words ...

guard, sword, laugh

The warrior laughed as she drew her sword and wrote, in glowing letters flowing from the point, "Guard ye what ye shall seek." The wanderer, who had stopped to ask direction, and utterly mystified, looked at the words hanging in midair, and continued on to Pemberley. [46 words]
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Ezio changed his mind and put the sword away. This mission required a lot of stealth and he would rather avoid fighting. He laughed softly and started jumping across the rooftops, avoiding the guards underneath.

35 words
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

He was a Queen’s Guard, one of only four, standing outside Buckingham Palace. His rifle wasn’t loaded; he might as well be carrying a sword. Today his biggest challenge was fighting the urge to laugh, which could cost him a week’s wages. But some people were just too funny. (49 words)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Our first items for October are....
horse, jester, shield

The king watched the jester trotting around, balanced between two large horses. It was an admirable feat but this was the seventh day of the festival (and also of the unseasonable storm). He shielded his face with a dripping sleeve, trying to ignore the drops sliding under his crown. (49 words)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

horse, jester, shield

The Jester, recruited as a temporary Herald, looked at the shield of a knight trotting in on the war-horse. What? Ah! A gray owl, wings outstretched, hovering over a pair of crossed glaives, on a blue field, the border formed by two thin rings, the outer blue, the inner cream. [50 words]
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Annabella Grinaldi
No broom

Post by Annabella Grinaldi »

As the jester completed his performance for the crowd everything stopped as a horse appeared in the distance. On the horse was a man holding a shield that had been missing for years. Could it be that the knight was not dead after all? (44 words)
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

His new friend was a member of a medieval reenactment society and he wanted to impress her. So he enrolled in a class and forged a respectable shield. But his makeup was dreadful; he looked more like the Joker than a jester. Maybe he should arrive on a horse? (49 words)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

The jester rode out proudly on the horse, which was skinny, old, and slower than molasses. Paying no attention to the jeering crowd, he raised his shield and gave a jaunty wave. When he won the tournament by some miracle of fate, no one was laughing anymore. Huzzah! (48 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Breanna held up the shield and looked in the mirror. Her observance was interrupted by her brother stumbling into the room, wrestling with a horse’s mask. “You look more like a jester than a proper animal,” she commented as she put a helmet over her face, finally prepared for Trick-or-Treating.

50 words
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

This week's rolls are...
stairs, wizard, music

She paused at the top of the stairs, nerves twisting her insides. Everyone would be watching her: all those famous wizards. It made her feel sick. An uprush of music surrounded her as the unseen quartet struck up. Scared or not, she was out of time. (46 words)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

stairs, wizard, music

Tripping merrily down the stairs, dancing to the music of the Goblin King, she pretended she would be greeting the wizard Pug (and not who was waiting for her). But alas, it was Doctor Strange in her drawing room. [39 words]
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

As soon as trivia results were announced, there was a mad rush for the stairs. The main auditorium was two floors down. The music of Draco and the Malfoys had already kicked off the Wizard Rock concert! (37 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:24 pm As soon as trivia results were announced, there was a mad rush for the stairs. The main auditorium was two floors down. The music of Draco and the Malfoys had already kicked off the Wizard Rock concert! (37 words)
That is just so great ...

gif shows torso and head view of Jeremy Renner (plays Hawkeye in The Avengers, amongst many other roles) facing camera, (apparently) sitting and with elbows on table. His head in his hands, attention on 'something' to his left and smiling sort of with amusement and bemusement
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward »

Young witches and wizards raced down the moving stairs while a few lagged behind, trying to walk carefully. At the sound of music coming faintly from somewhere below, they too rushed to see what was happening.

36 words
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Thank you, Rowena Ravenclaw, for making my first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry such an adventure. You designed the magical stairs that could actually make me feel elated when I finally heard the music and realized that I made it in time for Frog Choir auditions. (49 words)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

This weeks items are....
forest, puzzle, map

She crested the hill and saw the sea: a silver-blue immensity. The town was nestled by the shore, the harbour a forest of masts. She grinned at the map on the passenger seat, feeling as though she'd just solved some great puzzle by finding her way here. (47 words)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Book Club”