Task 8: Fabulous Freebies

Moderators: Prof. Sky Alton, Prof. Kendra Givens, Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Task 8: Fabulous Freebies

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

You notice that a lot of people seem to be carrying far more stuff than they were when you all entered the fair. Someone passes with a veritable niffler’s hoard of brightly coloured items and you backtrack towards the booths, on the lookout for freebies.

For this task, we’d love you to design something that one of the houses, clubs or departments might be handing out to people who stop at their booth. It could be a trinket, some stationery, something to eat or something else entirely. You could make it to advertise a specific thing they’re offering this term or just something more general.

To earn 5 points, post your freebie below. You can either make a graphic (upload it to an image hosting site and ensure it’s no more than 600 x 600 pixels) or describe your item in at least 80 words. This must be your own creation – no taking pictures of existing Harry Potter merch!

The deadline is 11:59 PM HOL-time on September 30th!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Re: Task 8: Fabulous Freebies

Post by Pezzie Wolfe »

Over at the Hufflepuff Table there's some free paper for jotting notes on.

Feel free to take some!

Sig Tag by Pezzie. I Love NKOTB :wub:
HOL Member since August 2003 | Here's to 20 Years at HOL!
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

At the Slytherin table you will notice a variety of drinkware, such as mugs, travel cups, and even fancy goblets-all for free! There is even a complimentary Slytherin t-shirt thrown in as lagniappe with each 'purchase'. House pride at its finest!!
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

One of the many offerings from Slytherin...

superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Brianna Caedmon
No broom

Post by Brianna Caedmon »

Next to February's cookies at the Slytherin table are a pile of yum yums (which for those who don't know are like straight doughnuts). They have special edible googly eyes attached, enchanted (with the help of a student from a higher year) to look at the students as they pass; and little red forked tongues enchanted to make hissing sounds. Next to these are chocolate cupcakes, with green buttercream icing and the Slytherin crest on top of them. There are re-usable Slytherin green plates with the Slytherin crest on top of them in front of the snacks.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Much to my delight, the Gathering and Games booth is giving away a pair of dice! When rolled the purple die will flash the month of the next meeting and the orange die will flash the day (if known). After that, they function exactly like regular dice for all the games you play in between Gathering and Games sessions.

Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

We all know that the students of Ravenclaw especially are going to be carrying around a LOT of books during their time at Hogwarts and experience has also shown that they are the ones who love books the most and are most saddened when they start to look a little beat up. Therefore, the freebie at the Ravenclaw stand (one of many) is a book sleeve that can be slipped any book to protect it. It's even got a little bit of extra support at the spine and corners to protect the most vulnerable areas of a book. There are a few different design options of course; one that's just a plain blue with bronze coloured corners, and one with the crest of Ravenclaw proudly blazoned on the front, and blue and bronze stripes on the back. The plain one has the added benefit that you can add your own design with fabric pens and iron-on patches, so that is perfect for the more creative among us.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

The Book Club booth has these bookmarks for freebies ...

Imagefor the dragon lovers ...
This bookmark has the image of a dragon, (of green and brown, wings open) on it. It is shown against a star-strewn, dark blue sky, with an orange-yellow sickle moon in upper left corner over what appears to be a countryside and lake. A rectangle of Celtic knotwork of blue and red, against a yellow background, is in lower part of bookmark. The tassels from the top of the bookmark are dark green.

Image Shades of Tamora Pierce ... or Alice in Wonderland
This bookmark shows a young person, long blond hair hanging loose down back, facing away from us, looking up at a dragon flying in the skies. She wears a long, loose, silvery blue gown (or robes). Words shown -"I am not your little Princess." It looks like she is perhaps standing on roses, and there is a cluster of purple roses in the upper left hand corner.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

The Quidditch booth is giving out toy Golden Snitches, which look like the real thing but fly much slower. This allows the taker to familiarise themself with the motion of the Golden Snitch without being distracted by the speed of the real thing. Also, the slow motion of the toy Snitch allows everyone to experience what it is like to catch a Golden Snitch, which has to be an added confidence boost to those who have never before done so! And even for those who have no interest in trying to catch such an object for real, its motion is always pretty to watch - and we don't have to worry about it escaping from our fields of view!
Anna Westbrook
No broom

Post by Anna Westbrook »

Over at the Ravenclaw Table, they are giving out cute little stickers for your school planners! They told me that not only are the cute, but both fun and it keeps you organized!

Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Over at the Gryffindor Booth (besides the Butterbeer and the lines of candy jars we've recently added *starts on her tenth chocolate frog*), we have Gryffindor themed pens (as ink for quills has become much too messy to use, we've converted over to pens). The pens show the Gryffindor symbol at the top of them and are scarlet and gold striped all the way down. While you write, the ink keeps changing from scarlet to gold and back again every few words. The ink will never run out and your homework, letters, or anything else you use these to write on will be ever so colorful!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Image is of 14 plated owl treats; each is decorated with the Hoot award owl.

Check out the HOLLERS Booth and grab some Owl Treats for your pet!
Last edited by Prof. Polaris Black on Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

For those who have a Ravenclaw member that they adore and also love to decorate their belongings with stickers, here's an 'I Heart a Ravenclaw' sticker in navy and gold. Come get yours from the Ravenclaw house booth now!
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Since I love baking, I will be giving out my Chocolate Chip cookies! They have been tested and given the seal of approve in the category of yumminess by friends and family.

In the picture, there are 8 chocolate chip cookies in a circle on a plate on a white plate with a green ring on the edge of the plate.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I bring bludgers! Not real ones though. These are small, bludger replicas in a wide array of options. First, there is the “normal”, black bludgers, just a miniature of one that follows players around in the field. We also have four house bludgers in their house colors and one purple for Squibs or those that do not prefer to affiliate with a house.

These mini bludgers are do not fly around and try knocking people down their brooms or be a nuisance, but they are pretty to look at, play with like you would with a small ball or you can even use them as parchment weights.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

When I passed the Hufflepuff table, i glanced over and was stopped dead in my tracks! A bowl of shiny diamonds, glistening in the sunlight, with a "FREE" sign??? How could this be? I went over and saw they were just handing them out like candy! So of course, I took some! I wasn't about to pass up this awesome opportunity! Later I found out they are "replica" diamonds and while still shiny, do not count towards their diamond count. Oh well, at least I have some pretty shinies to decorate my room with now!!

Image shows a yellow bowl with black trim filled with diamonds. The bowl says "FREE DIAMONDS! GO BADGERS" on it

Return to “Welcome Month”