Fantastic Beasts 3

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Fantastic Beasts 3

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I just saw a thing online ...
Fantastic Beasts 3, the third of five planned movies set in Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling's magical universe, recently delayed production by several months. Why? Well, it turns out the cast was given a specific and rather exciting reason for the delay.
According to Dan Fogler (who plays Jacob Kowalski)
Yeah, we start in the fall. The movie is going to be gigantic! The reason we were given is that the movie is bigger than the first two combined. They needed more time to prep and they didn’t want to rush anything so they pushed it back. I can tell you that we are going to Brazil. I don’t really know much…[laughs]. I’ll get a script closer to when we start shooting.
Personally, I'm not sure about the reason for the delay, myself. I'm thinking that the story line is needing to be rewritten a bit. Going to other places online, there seems to be some criticism of FB2. I know, right? Excuse me, it had Newt in it and great beasts, what more could a story want ... Well, there are things which were complained about. Hmmph.

So what could be wanted for FB3, so that more folks like it? Want to go see it? What do you think might happen in FB3 which pulls the story back on course? Here are some ideas - again found online and yes, I do agree with them -

*Justify Character Decisions
Why Queenie?!

*More Fantastic Beasts
I'd love to see more beasts. Yes. :D

*Develop the Scamander Brother Relationship
This? Not so much but I can imagine that others would like to see something more of their relationship and why they are the way they are. Or at least find out more of how each is and how they are alike and how they are different.

*Explain What Grindelwald Wants
Besides taking over the world -- is there something specific which he is wanting to attain?

*Have Dumbledore Do Something
More of Jude Law, please. LOTS more of Jude Law, please.

Do you agree with any of these? What other things could there be?

Remember, when you reply, USE SPOILERS if talking about anything in the FB2 movie. There are lots of folks who haven't seen it yet, and please don't spoil it for them.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Tags:
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: Fantastic Beasts 3

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

I would really want something either MORE solidly in with the Harry Potter universe, or completely NON-Canon. Choose one, please!

I agree with most of the points above except for one, plus I have my own point.

So what I wish the third movie will do is explore the way Grindlewald ties into with WW2. We got almost NOTHING for that. I also wish to actually understand how big is this war. How large does Grindlewald's influence spread? And finally, the whole Credence situation, please be resolved. I also wish the more intricacies of politics are more explored. Such things are nice to see in a movie here and there.

This brings me to my second point: Queenie. I LOVE her character. Her decision and 'betrayal' are SO GOOD. Character-wise, of course. It's so realistic and I really wish however that the writers won't "redeem" her. Perhaps others will gain knowledge from her example, but please please make Queenie slowly get intertwined with Grindlewald so much in the third movie. I want the third movie to be her "downfall". In all honesty, though I love her, I really wish she will die to show how dangerous it is to give yourself to a madman, even if for the right reasons. I absolutely LOVE this character arc, I think currently she is my favorite character in the entire movie. Person or actor, no (that spot will go to Newt and Dumbledore) but CHARACTER: the intricacies and realism- I LOVE THAT.

After deliberation and a talk with Tarma, she asked me to write my thoughts down as she had to go practice. The result is the following paragraph: Alright, so I think that many people think that Queenie is portrayed as an "easily manipulated bimbo", the very thing she was portrayed against in the first film. However, I believe this shows how damaging the whole situation is; love, society, and the war itself. I really think it mirrors WW2 and many other wars, how people were told that this is for a better future. I believe she thinks what she is doing is necessary for her and the person she dearly loves to live a good life. I believe she knows Grindlewald isn't perfect, but I don't think she understands the full extent of his lies. However, his promises are good, SO GOOD, plus she feels guilty about making Jacob stay with her. Also, about her using mind manipulation on Jacob. I think that while it does have some faults, it shows that even the best of us can be insecure and worrisome about how people can react to us. She has such a power, so she uses it, even though it pains her. I believe this is also what pushes her to join Grindelwald, a sort of "this is what I deserve, I belong with them". Not everyone is perfect and we see Queenie falling apart here. Finally, I believe Grindelwald is a good Occlumencis, and while some things will leak out, you can clearly see Queenie be entrapped by him. Even in the HP books, we have heard how Grindlewald was a MASTER at manipulation, this is just one of the clear instances of that.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

There definitely is some explanations that need to happen, and DEFINITELY more beasts in the new; but most importantly:
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 pm According to Dan Fogler (who plays Jacob Kowalski)
Yeah, we start in the fall. The movie is going to be gigantic! The reason we were given is that the movie is bigger than the first two combined. They needed more time to prep and they didn’t want to rush anything so they pushed it back. I can tell you that we are going to Brazil. I don’t really know much…[laughs]. I’ll get a script closer to when we start shooting.
One word: CASTELOBRUXO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ladonna Compson
No broom

Post by Ladonna Compson »

I think that what they should do is they should end the Fantastic Beasts series right where the Harry Potter series picks up. And one thing that they definitely need to do is introduce Tom Marvalo Riddle to the series. They could even have a big plot twist. And I also really would like to see more on Newt and Tina's relationship.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

Yes, I've always wanted a movie that includes Tom Riddle and leading up to his becoming Voldemort. That would be awesome! Really, there are so many movies they could make from the Wizarding World. There could be a movie about the four Hogwarts founders leading up to the falling out of Slytherin and creating the Chamber of Secrets. There could be a movie or series about the Marauders and their time in school including Snape. There could also be a movie or series on its own focusing more on Tom Riddle's past and becoming Voldemort. I love the Fantastic Beasts series and really can't wait for the next one coming out this month, but i do wish they consider also making a movie or series on other parts or time periods in the Wizarding World.

Return to “Fantastic Beasts”