Harry Potter spells -- in Real Life

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Harry Potter spells -- in Real Life

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

So we all know a lot, or some anyway, about magic and spells because of reading the Harry Potter books and watching the movies. We have some really good ideas of what those spells do when cast properly -- and what happens if they backlash!

Have you ever found yourself saying a spell from the Harry Potter books and hoped it would work? Did it work?

If you've not done that, because after all, RL and Muggles and what not, have you ever given thought to what spell you would most like to be able to use in your day to day life?

~*~*~
Me ... once upon a time I was talking with this guy. I said 'Wingardium Leviosa' (I was holding my wand and pointed it at him and waved it) and he yelled and grabbed at the counter and said "Stop that!"

I laughed.

-
Note: Please keep your replies HOL appropriate! Thanks.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: Harry Potter spells -- in Real Life

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

How many times after reading "Goblet of Fire" I would always wish so hard for me to be able to do the Accio spell. So. Many. Times.

But alas, although its one of the most useful spells in the books, it seems it doesn't work in our physics-ruled universe.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”