What Made You Happy Today?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

What Made You Happy Today?

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I'm in the need for some positivity in my life. I'm probably not the only one. When tough times come our way, it's hard to think about anything else except for what went wrong or what we should be doing or about that terrible event. So I want us all to share one good thing that happened to us today. Let's build an amazing list of positive events that we can look back on, no matter how big or how small they are.

Today, one thing that made me happy is that I got invited to a Thanksgiving dinner. For those of us here in the United States, we celebrate Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday of November. Thanksgiving and all major holidays have been very difficult for me since I lost my brother, as I'm sure it's difficult for many who have lost someone very special to them. Besides working tomorrow (Thanksgiving has also turned into what we call Black Thursday, which leads into Black Friday, a day of shopping to get really good deals), I won't be with anyone. I made my parents promise not to surprise me this year. The family I work for at my caretaking job was aware of this and didn't want me to be alone. It made me very happy, and I appreciate them a lot for thinking of me.

Now it's your turn to tell me one thing that made you happy today. I'm sure we all have something. :D
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Re: What Made You Happy Today?

Post by Gail Allen »

I went square dancing and while I mostly dance myself, I am also learning to become a caller - that's the person who directs the dance, and who has to make up the choreography on the spot, using a combination of about 100 figures (in my case).
I did a small performance to test a few things in a real setting that I had been working on. And afterwards one of the dancers said they could tell I had really improved since last time and that I was doing really well.
That made me so happy to hear and it made it easier to put more time into becoming even better.
A little bit of encouragement is sometimes all that is needed! I will endeavor to keep that in mind and do more of it myself.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

my 5mo started teething about 2weeks ago and she was super fussy yesterday/this morning when the first tooth finally broke through and she was back to her happy self!
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

A cup of coffee starting my day, a fun talk with my friend and a delicious food make my noon, and i end up doing my HOL activities without any RL disturb. What a beautiful day! :wub:
Astor Arensin
No broom

Post by Astor Arensin »

I got two job interviews scheduled for the following week, as well as having my sister send me pictures of my pretty boys (my cats) <3

Plus I bought a ticket for Blink-182's concert on the 22nd and I'm going with a friend! Nervous but excited, I haven't been to a show in awhile.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

Played with my dogs.

There's a hurricane going on, so stayed inside a lot today with my family and animals. Playing with my dogs and cats always makes me happy.
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

I got a playful Fluffy Kitten today !
My mom was excited because I won 1st place in an art project. And she got me a a fluffy white kitten, the kitten was so excited to be around our house and I'm super duper excited !
Persphone Woodson
No broom

Post by Persphone Woodson »

So a little about me to explain why this made me happy. I am a youngish mother of 2 small children, very close in age. My oldest is Autistic and my other is speech delayed. My oldest had therapy today and we usually do morning app. because he tends to do better but today was an afternoon appointment and he did very well today and but daughter going through a tantrum phase at this very moment had been behaving very well today. Both of those things made me very happy today and made Friday the 13th a little bit easier!! Lol
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

I got some new pics of my nephew - he never fails to make me smile! :D
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Return to “Discussions”