What Classes Do You Want To See Happen This Year Coming Up?

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Re: What Classes Do You Want To See Happen This Year Coming Up?

Post by February Fortescue »

I've been reading through this thread. There was a Tudors class? Love to take that one!

What about Durmstrang? We know little about that school. We also have even more schools coming up.

There are just so many interesting topics.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Ivelisse Ada
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ivelisse Ada »

Great news - I am actually planning a Durmstrang Exchange class (so planning to offer Beauxbatons during Spring terms and Durmstrang during Fall terms - of course, subject to approval!) I agree though, classes on the newest schools would be super awesome (especially given the new Ilvermorny stuff out today :ph34r: !!)

I really like classes on different possible Wizarding Careers, so I would love to see some more of those next term or in future terms!
Thank you to Prof. Kyrie Adderholt!!
Selene Blackwell
No broom

Post by Selene Blackwell »

One thing I did not expect from HOL was the DEDICATION to these classes! I WAS BLOWN AWAY when I realized how in depth and absolutely wonderful all the classes were! I'm just excited to get started! I earned one quill my last term and signed up way too late for way too many classes. This time I will be much smarter at reviewing the course load and making sure I can handle it before I try to take it on.

One class I look forward to taking is DADA. I don't know if it will be offered but I'm interested in that and in Runes, Geomancy, Sacred Geometry and Divination.
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxwell Shadow »

I signed up for the Beauxbatons exchange this year but didn't get on with my host family so hopefully a Durmstrang exchange will be more my thing (and I can try Beauxbatons again next year (sorry for not sending in any work Ive) Ilvermorny will be a great exchange for the future.

My favourite classes are the ones where I learn a bit more about the potter universe or muggle history. Looking forward to seeing what classes are around next term, it's always my favourite part of the school year when the lists are posted.
Slytherin forever
Elena Galatas
Moontrimmer

Post by Elena Galatas »

I'm legitimately considering creating classes for Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Once Upon A Time, but I haven't decided just yet. I'm just so passionate about all three, and I'd love to see if anyone else is just as in love as I am, ha. I'd have to go through a bunch of stuff to get it approved (I don't remember exactly what at 4:30 in the morning beyond it having to do with student teaching), but I know it would be worth it!

The exchange classes sound amazing, though so I would definitely be interested in them! And it would certainly be interesting to see classes based on the new Ilvermorny houses or just the school in itself as a whole!

I haven't decided exactly which classes I want to take yet this upcoming semester; I've been here for so long but there's still so many great classes!! ^.^
Elena Galatas // Seventh Year // Ravenclaw // Dr. Who Enthusiast // Oncer/Captain Swan Fanatic
Comic Book Geek // Perpetually in love/obsession with Chris Evans and Colin O'Donoghue
]
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Post by Kim Alting »

Ooooh Once Upon a Time class <3
I'll send you a PM...
Alessandra Grace
No broom

Post by Alessandra Grace »

Oh, I'd love a Once Upon A Time Class, too!! And the Atlantis one should be epic! :rolleyes:
Hear me roar!
Sayan Sanyal
No broom

Post by Sayan Sanyal »

Actually, in spite of being a new comer, i have gone through a lot of past class courses and i am really excited for the new session of sign in for classes. Actually, i prefer dark arts classes and magical creature classes more than the others, though all the classes are very interesting, packed with a lot of information and stuffs i think one professor should go for a "PRACTICAL CLASS ON HANDLING DIFFERENT SITUATIONS USING MAGIC" in which he or she will teach us about using different spells or potions or a combo of them to handle different situations starting from a lower difficulty level to some extremely rare and tough ones. Something like that not only enlarges our views and controls over different spells and potions but also will make us a bit more confident.
....... thanks .......
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

my favorite sort of classes are those to do with the dark arts. this past school year, i took on a bit too many classes and was only able to get a quill for one class with full 300 points, dark arts (go figure). i also like classes to do with disney (took disney studies for 2 terms running, but unable to finish due to busy life unfortunetly.) i also looked through past classes and saw that a pokemon class used to be offered, i would love to take a class on pokemon!!!
Reggy Faraday
No broom

Post by Reggy Faraday »

A Pokemon class would be interesting, especially since Pokemon Go has come out!

I'd also love a class that looks at how magic works across several different fictional universes, where these tropes may come from, stuff like that.
Hufflepuff second year :: re1080

"'I wish somebody would write a story sometime about the people who warm up the heroes afterward.'" - Moominland Midwinter
Katherine Evans
No broom

Post by Katherine Evans »

A return of the Quenya class would be nice. Or the start of a Sindarin class. Something for the Tolkien lovers.
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

I used to take the Quenya class when it was offered, and I believe I took a Sindarin class as well. I've been thinking of reviving at least the Quenya class (and maybe reviving History of Middle-earth) but that hasn't happened yet... Maybe in the next year or so if people would be interested? :)
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Amanda Summers
No broom

Post by Amanda Summers »

Hello,
When do class signups open?
Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Post by Pezzie Wolfe »

Class sign-ups I think will be next week? I hope? I am looking forward to the selection this term. :D
Sig Tag by Pezzie. I Love NKOTB :wub:
HOL Member since August 2003 | Here's to 20 Years at HOL!
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Amanda Summers wrote:Hello,
When do class signups open?
We're still working out some bugs, but they should be ready to go by Sept. 1. If something happens that they can't open then, we'll let you know
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson »

I want to see "Making of a Dark Lord" or something like that come back before my time here is up.
Robin Blackwood

Post by Robin Blackwood »

It would be very interesting to see class- Magic through Fairy Tales. This is such a good thing to go through.
Veronica Wesley
No broom

Post by Veronica Wesley »

This year, I think it would be cool to have a class on Wizarding Chess, then I could maybe beat my friends!!!
Alison Diggory
No broom

Post by Alison Diggory »

I would love to see more classes about magical beasts! Like all the different types and pretty much just anything about them.
Skylar Peyton
No broom

Post by Skylar Peyton »

A class I would like to see is one to do with painting. I have recently got into painting despite not being very artsy. So a class on painting would be amazing.

Return to “General Class Discussions”