Which Disney Animated Film Is The Best?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Eno Thomas
Moontrimmer

Post by Eno Thomas »

My favorite is The Lion King. I really love that movie plus I love all the soundtracks and such

Tags:
Evan Trask
No broom

Post by Evan Trask »

My favorite would have to be The Lion King. Of course, all of the older movies were better than the newer ones. :P

Although, I did enjoy Finding Nemo, it is one of my favorites as well.
Linnix Henson
No broom

Post by Linnix Henson »

I love all the the '90s movies.

The Lion King is the BEST! The second one was the only sequel as good, if not better than the original.

The newer movies aren't close to being as good. Finding Nemo came close.

My faves are:
Lady and the Tramp
Lion King
Lion King 2
A Bugs Life
The Little Mermaid
Pocahontas
Aladdin
Mulan
Tarzan

I still love to watch these movies anytime. :D :D
Alice Visnjic
No broom

Post by Alice Visnjic »

Beauty and the Beast is my favourite! But for some reason I keep getting the error "You cannot vote in this poll." :huh:
What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.
What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher.
What we can't understand we call nonsense.
What we can't read we call gibberish.

Morgan Maddock

Post by Morgan Maddock »

oh, it's totally aladdin.
Violet Rubert
No broom

Post by Violet Rubert »

You know I almost didn't vote, I couldn't choose. I think animation wise I believe Hunchback of Notre Dame was one of my favorites. I'm not exactly sure how to even explain it. At first, I was going to pick either Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast.

These are my top favorites: Aladdin, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmations, Pochohontas, and Hercules.

A new one is definitely going to be added to that list The Princess and the Frog. I'm very excited that Disney decided to put it out. I have to see it on opening night!
Andrea Caroline
No broom

Post by Andrea Caroline »

Mulan for the win!! I guess I can relate so much with this movie that this movie becomes my favorite out of all. But of course when talking about romance and lovey dovey kind of thing I choose Beauty and the Beast :D
sig made by me!! :D
Andrea Caroline|an675|Michievous Warrior Monks|an artist in the making

GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!
Ikaika Simmerly
No broom

Post by Ikaika Simmerly »

I really loved aladdin...it teaches kids to be true to yourself...Your the best gift to offer someone. :rolleyes:
Isabel Moon
No broom

Post by Isabel Moon »

Aladdin is my absolute favorite (and it's like the only one I don't have on DVD!). Aladdin is such a rascal, which is my favorite type of character, and Jasmine is a really tough chick, not your usual princess.

I also like a lot of animal ones, mostly because I wanted to be an animal when I was a kid haha. Especially a dog :P I like Lion King, 101 Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp.

Oh, and I love Mulan, too. Mulan's another awesomely cool chick:D
Casey Casewin
No broom

Post by Casey Casewin »

Finding Nemo.

Unlike some Disney movies the main characters parents do not die. (I hated that part in Bambi and the Lion King.) It's just a funny movie for both kids and adults. I love to watch this movie with my younger cousins when I am watching them. We know the movie so well we take turns finishing the lines that the characters are saying when I hit the mute button.
Charlaine Flimel
No broom

Post by Charlaine Flimel »

Well this one was difficult, as I love Disney movies so much!!! I grew up with many of the movies on that list. It comes down to The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Ariel is wonderful. The story of how she falls in love and marries the prince. She is the classic Disney princess with an underwater twist! Then there is Simba! I love the Lion King. It is heart felt and brilliant! The music is wonderful. Elton John is always great! I own the soundtrack to it and The Little Mermaid. :) As I said, it was a tough decision, but I went with the Lion King. It is a very narrow margin, but when it comes down to it, I would rather watch it!
Johanne Lee
No broom

Post by Johanne Lee »

What about Toy Story (the first one i hate Disney sequels) ?!? It's my favorite Disney of all time, I had a crush on Woody when I was 5 eheheh
Silde Owen
No broom

Post by Silde Owen »

My favourites as a child were The Jungle Book, Robin Hood and Dumbo. The first is the only one on the list so I voted for that.

I've never loved the ones made since I was born (1987) much. A lot of them I didn't actually see as a child because I didn't get to the cinema much or have many videos, so that's probably why - the ones I like best are the ones I've been watching for as long as I can remember.

I think Aladdin, Toy Story and Monsters Inc are the best recent-ish ones.

I've never seen Mulan the whole way through. Seeing how well it's doing in this poll I think I'd better find it and watch it soon!
Ariel Kingston
No broom

Post by Ariel Kingston »

so many good ones! I chose Beauty and the Beast because Belle rocks as a princess. She's feisty, smart, loves books, and isn't rellying on some prince to save her! I'm mean really she's the one who saves the prince in this one you gotta love girl power.

though i'm general an avid disney fan some of my other favs are, mulan, little mermaid, lion king, and the emperor's new groove.

"I'm a llama again, I'm a llama again.... waaait...."
Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ely Granger »

The Little Mermaid is the best! <3
I love it ! :wub:
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------
Megaera Selwyn
No broom

Post by Megaera Selwyn »

I voted Beauty and the Beast, but it's not necessarily the greatest. >> It was just the very first movie I saw in the cinema. I was...five years old, I think.

Anyway, I honestly could not say which Disney animated film is the best. But IMO, their early works were the true masterpieces. BatB, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, etc. The later Disney movies just seem so dumbed-down compared to their predecessors.
Last edited by Megaera Selwyn on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meg | me891
"School, nuthouse, what’s the difference when you get right down to it? Dumb rules and bad food in both places.â€￾ ~ Marco, Animorphs
Gabrielle Cadeaux
No broom

Post by Gabrielle Cadeaux »

Alice in Wonderland all the way! It's the most amazing Disney move ever (in my opinion but it really should be a fact :P )

The closest second and third would be Snow White or the Lion King.
Founder and Proud Member of the D.A. Squad
Amanda P. X. Sim
No broom

Post by Amanda P. X. Sim »

Why, I can't decide! I love ALL Disney movies. Seriously, all of them. I was a Disney fan when I was young, and still am (young) :P But still I casted my vote to Pocahontas... I think the songs from that movie are simply lovely in tune. As for the others, they really are almost as great, not to mention that Disney songs are really awesome :)
Amanda P. X. Sim | am970 | Gryffindor | Fourth Year
"Magic lies within the hearts of those who choose to believe"
Hermione Nadine Gillonder
No broom
Location: Ravenclaw, values intelligence, creativity, learning, and wit!

Post by Hermione Nadine Gillonder »

I love ALL! I used to watch it when I was young, and still watch it... I love all the music too, but maybe... I just love Sleeping Beauty more! Aurora was beautiful, had melodious voice and nice... And Phillip was handsome too, LOL.

"Here in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Those of wit and learning
will always find their kind."

[/size][/color]
Lauren Ashel
No broom

Post by Lauren Ashel »

Robin Hood! I was sad not to see it on here. I used to watch it with my brother and Grandpa in his den {that really is what the room is called} We watched The Three Stooges, Abbot and Costello, The Jungle Book, and random UFO related tapes. But I remember Robin Hood the best! I also love the rooster who sings at the beginning and throughout the story. :}
Image\
Do you like my signature? Lol I don't know what to put here! :}

Return to “Movie Talk”