Been To Any Concerts?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Lulu Poof
No broom

Post by Lulu Poof »

This year, I went to Sasquatch Music Festival...which is actually a 3 day musical festival. So I've seen tons of bands. Including...

-Kings of Leon
-Yeah Yeah Yeahs
-Of Montreal
-Nine Inch Nails
-Jane's Addiction
-The Decemberists
-Santigold
-Girl Talk
-Animal Collective
-Devotchka
-Passion Pit
-Silversun Pickups
-Fleet Foxes
-Gogol Bordello
-Blind Pilot
-Hockey
-Tv On the Radio
-The Submarines
-Airbourne Toxic Event

+more.

Tags:
Darcey Goode
Oakshaft 79

Post by Darcey Goode »

Oh goodness, far too many to count. My mum's been taking me to concerts pretty much since I was old enough to be allowed in. I think I'd be here all day if I tried to remember every concert I've ever been to. I've seen people from Steps (yes, as in cheesy UK boy/girl group Steps) to The Monkees, David Cassidy, Donny Osmond, Mungo Jerrie, to Runrig, to Boyzone (multiple times, I must admit). I'm very jealous of anyone who saw Take That this summer, I wish I could have gone.

In the last few years I've seen:
Idlewild
George Michael
Rhydian Roberts
Snow Patrol
Mika
Il Divo
Westlife
Razorlight

... and I'm sure lots more, but I can't for the life of me remember who!
Slytherin | da357 | Preppy!Darcey | Queen of All Music | Random Slyth
Nexi's Beater | NOT scary | Terrible | Stalking Biggles | Bludger Magnet
Lynne Fantome
No broom

Post by Lynne Fantome »

The first concert I went to was at a local place, and Still Remains played. They're from the area I live in. I don't know if they were a huge band back then, but they're pretty big now. Almost 100,00 friends on MySpace, and over 2 million profile views. [I know MySpace doesn't mean much, but that's the only thing I have to base it on.] I talked to one of the guys [either the drummer or the bassist, I can't remember] and I told him my name. He was like "We have a song named that." So, I guess I can say I talked to a famous person.

Then I went to a Fall Out Boy concert, haha. The main reason I went was because I wanted to see Panic! At The Disco. That was before they were big. They were actually the opening band. Sadly, we got there as they were playing their last song.

The last concert I've been to was a Bright Eyes one. Bright Eyes is my ultimate favourite band [alongside Brand New] so it was really awesome to be there.

I'm not a huge fan of concerts, otherwise there's so many more I would have been to.
Last edited by Lynne Fantome on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want to see the light leave your eyes.
Zooey Taylor
No broom

Post by Zooey Taylor »

I've been to about four BABBA concerts, as I am too young to have ever been to a real ABBA concert :( I've also been to a drought relief concert, which was a snooze... a day of country music, and I don't like country. I'd say the highlight of my concert experiences would be Believe Again 2009, which was a tour by Delta Goodrem. I went to her Visualise tour in 2005, but my seat sucked. BA, seats were great, and I met her afterwards. Loved the entire tour, so glad the DVD's finally out <3
Lucinda Swan
No broom

Post by Lucinda Swan »

Delta Goodrem! Awesome! I went to see John Farnham with my mum the other night, and he was amazing! Totally love to see him again. That's the only concert I've ever been too, and I'm 29 - how sad is that! But I had a great time.
Last edited by Lucinda Swan on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alecks James
No broom

Post by Alecks James »

This is nowhere near a complete list.

Rob Zombie [x2 as White Zombie, 80+ as solo]. Eddie Money. A*Teens. Play. Jump5. Everlife. ROCKET. KSM. Mike Posner. 2AM Club. Selena Gomez. Demi Lovato. Jonas Brothers [x4]. Joan Jett [x30], Trans Siberian Orchestra. Simple Plan. Katy Perry. Anberlin. All Time Low. Forever The Sickest Kids. Innerpartysystem. The White Tie Affair. A Day To Remember. Automatic Loveletter. Every Avenue. VersaEmerge. Breathe Carolina. Eyes Set To Kill. Black Veil Brides. 3OH!3. Flyleaf. Hey Monday.
Enid Labs
No broom

Post by Enid Labs »

The past year I went to see the best band ever: Linkin Park <3. It was completely awesome because until some minutes before the concert gets started, me and my mum where about not to go (I was all day sad about it), and a friend of my mum gave us two tickets so we can go. It was VERY surprising, and I will never forget that. That night I cried and shouted like it was the last time I would see them. It was the most amazing night. <3

Then, I think like a month after that I went to see The Black Eyed Peas. That time it was kinda funny how I won the tickets to go, but it was one of the greatest nights ever too. I enjoyed a lot :)

And then, this year in march I missed the concert of the Backstreet Boys so I think I would have to wait for them to come again u.u. Now I'll definitely miss the concert of Katy Perry, but whatever. I've got to save my money for the day Ke$ha or Linkin Park comes again. I don't want to stay again bad just because I didn't have the money to buy a ticket :/
Enid Labs||en602||First year Student||PPC Member||HOL Book Club Member

Life can be awful if you aren't able to see it's bright side.
Drea Riot
No broom

Post by Drea Riot »

Alecks, you're so luck you saw a day to remember! I couldn't make it out to see them at Warped Tour this year.

Annnyways, I have seen
Jimmy Eat World, Plain White Tee's, Hot Hot Heat, Flyleaf, Good Charlotte, Boys Like Girls, Metro Station, the Maine, Shiny Toy Guns, and wow i can't remember anymore.
but this friday, i'm going to see Blink-182! and I am beyond excited, Jimmy Eat World and Matt and Kim and Rancid will be there as well!
drea riot!
well behaved women rarely make history.
Anais Loveless
No broom

Post by Anais Loveless »

The only band I went to was Luke, a french rock band. The other concerts I went to were more like festivals with many bands, and to be honest, some were really horrible. Luke however, was great and I loved it. I really had a great time listening to them.
I hope I'll be able to see them again!
Noor Akhter
No broom

Post by Noor Akhter »

I might go to the One Direction Concert on the 24th.
Awesome Sig made by Fumei!
--no898--
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Re: Been To Any Concerts?

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I've been to see Kid Rock,Sherryl Crow,Brooks and Dunn,Rascal Flats (they were ok), Chris Young,and Luke Bryan.
Image RQT 2017/18
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

hmmmm. I don't get out much compared to everyone here.... ok so "Heart" and "Cheap Trick" that's it.... lol :blink:
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

I have been to a few concerts:
-Elton John
-Tran Siberian Orchestra
-Avenge Sevenfold
-Kid Rock

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Emma Pam
No broom

Post by Emma Pam »

I've been to this concerts:
Iron Maiden (just great, jeez)
System of a Down (they are my favorite band but they're not that good live)
Kiss
Megadeth
Artic Monkeys
Arcade Fire
Asking Alexandria
Metallica
Moonspell
Homage concert to AC/DC
Homage concert to Pink Floyd
Queen
Guns n' Roses (didn't like, I don't like them aha)
And Muse
That's it I guess, I've been to live soundtracks movie concerts like, Harry Potter 1 and 2 and the three Lord of the Rings (I participated on LOTR concerts) :)
Iris Jaylee Shaw
No broom

Post by Iris Jaylee Shaw »

I've been to a few concerts but not many. Most were ones I got dragged to by other people.

Cheap Trick
John Michael Montgomery
Uncle Kracker - It was very small with 20 people max. It was really cool because between songs he'd tell funny stories about different things that have happened to him and about life on the road.
Joan Jett - I was close enough that I could of touched her. It was a good concert but way too crowded for me.
Theory of a Deadman - It was really awesome and we caught a lot of guitar picks.
Sick Puppies
Devour the Day
Skillet - This concert was my brother's birthday present.
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

I've been meaning to go to more concerts this year but can't seem to find the time. Almost bought Billy Joel tickets recently but didn't in the end. I did go to a Queen concert a few years ago. That was super fun!
Melina Malfoy
No broom

Post by Melina Malfoy »

Back in middle school, this math teacher who i known for a while, was going to take me and her children to see a marshmallow concert BUT decided not too, well, bc it never happened soooo i was pretty bumbed because i wanted to see marshmallow in concert ] :(
Sueno Raun
No broom

Post by Sueno Raun »

The concerts I've been to consist of
Black Veil Brides (ft. Drama Club, Set it Off, and Falling in Reverse
Screeching Weasel (ft. The Queers, The Dwarves, Flatwood 56)
BTS
Palaye Royale (Ft. Dead Posey, The Haunt, Bones UK)
Vacations (Ft. Dreamgirl)
I Prevail (ft. Fit for a King, Yours Truly, Pierce The Veil)

And I'm looking forward to my two next concerts which will be TWICE and aespa! B) :wub: :D
Aria Weasley
No broom

Post by Aria Weasley »

I'm going to see the Arctic Monkeys in June, and I saw ABBA earlier this year. Last year I went to see Harry Styles, Foo Fighters Tribute Concert and Lady Gaga! I've also seen Sam Fender, Royal Blood, another Foos concert and Supergrass.

I'm very grateful :D
Rory Deadi
No broom

Post by Rory Deadi »

I got to go see Taylor Swift's eras tour when she came to my state!

Return to “Music Talk”