How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Fujiko Ankyo
No broom

Post by Fujiko Ankyo »

that is a very good question. i used to read at la couple books a week, sometimes more. now that i have a more demanding and blahish job my reading has drastically cut down. so, i'd have to say ist around 12 a year. thats sad. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
Last edited by Fujiko Ankyo on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Kenzie Jones
No broom

Post by Kenzie Jones »

I used hate reading but now I love it, I read lots especially st clares which I've almost finished and I lovee Mary-Kate and Ashley books!

Kenzie Jones | ke868 | Hufflepuff |
Amy Williams
No broom

Post by Amy Williams »

I'd say a book a day, keeps the doctor away! /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />
Violetta Major
No broom

Post by Violetta Major »

It all depends on how much school work I have, and how long the books I'm reading are. About 1 a month I'd say...I'd love to read more, and do when I can, but in University there's not too much free time for reading.

The girl with the pink hair...
Ariel Kingston
No broom

Post by Ariel Kingston »

I don't have the time I once did so currently around 2-3 books a week. When I had more time to kill it was a book or two per day. Then also greatly varies in regards to what i read. I mean Faulker takes longer then Harry Potter naturally. What can I say I have a BA in English and I work in a Library books are my life.
Mia Vardales
No broom

Post by Mia Vardales »

Sadly I don't have much free time, so I can't read more than a book evry two/three months, but there was a time I read two books per months. Those were really good times... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Mia Vardales|Second Year|Deputy Leader of the Sneer Squad

"We'll have another chat soon, when you've had time to
think things over and decided where your loyalties lie."
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Well, i think more than 10, of course without the school ones, but that's the last 2 year, because before that i din't quate wanted to read books so i was only reading the school ones, but the last two years i can say more than 10. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Claire Stanley
No broom

Post by Claire Stanley »

I read WAY too much!!
I read at least a book a week, usually more. Mostly Harry Potter though. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't read!
I've read each HP book at least 10 times, but 3, 5, 6 and 7 the most, because they are my favourites.
Like yesterday I read POA. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Yep. I love to read!!!
Uh oh! I didn't read the signature rules and now one of the evil forum admins changed it. I can read the rules here.
Jinxy Jo
No broom

Post by Jinxy Jo »

I read at least 3 times a month and when its the school breaks I read a couple of times a week /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
If I should become a stranger, you know that it would make me more than sad (8)
Prof. Opal Dragonfly
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Opal Dragonfly »

Even as a retired Literature prof, I read incessantly--often forgetting to eat (or to feed my husband, who growls about it, but is fairly tolerant)! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> So, I imagine that I read a good 250 books a year, if not more. My tastes are eclectic: I read adolescent literature (currently, Wicked Lovely; non-fiction (currently, A Short History of the American Stomach); and adult fiction of all genres (just finished, The Canterbury Papers). The only genre I am not fond of is horror, although sometimes I read that too. It's good to find like-minded people here! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Prof. Opal

Reminder: Join the HOL Book Club!
Last edited by Prof. Opal Dragonfly on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Opal Dragonfly

Magical Creatures Lore I, and II
Potable Potions I, II, and III
Principles of Deep Magic I
Symbolism in HP Literature

My Web Site
Megaera Selwyn
No broom

Post by Megaera Selwyn »

I read a little over 500 last year. I kid you not.

I wasn't real swift in math in high school, but I was so talented in English that I "graduated" from all classes pertaining to it when I was 12. Y'know those anal retentive English teachers who insist on perfect grammar at all times and talk so properly that you'd even grind your fingernails on a chalkboard if it meant you could hear some slang or "normal" speech? Well, I could probably out-speak and out-write most of them, easy. I just don't talk or write that way casually, 'cause then everybody'd think I was a Victorian. Plus, this way I get to see folks who ain't used to a Texas drawl flinch every time I open my mouth. At least I know what grammar rules I'm breakin' when I talk that way. ;)

I can speed read like nobody's business and still retain the information. So, I'll probably reach or exceed the same number this year.
Meg | me891
"School, nuthouse, what’s the difference when you get right down to it? Dumb rules and bad food in both places.â€￾ ~ Marco, Animorphs
Monia Sancti
No broom

Post by Monia Sancti »

Well, I'm trying to read at least two books a week, and I'm usually keeping up with that decision, so I'd have to say about a 100. Of course, some are shorter than others, but I still think that is a considerable amount of books.
Abigail Chalmers
No broom

Post by Abigail Chalmers »

I have no clue but I know it is alot. I read that the average teen reads six books a year. I saw on a commecial that the average teen reads 6 bix a year. I think I about cried when I saw that.
Last edited by Abigail Chalmers on Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join The PPC Today
Kiri Galdor
No broom

Post by Kiri Galdor »

I read on average about 2 books a week, or possibly one every 8 hours on a good run, at least I did until I joined HOL. Then I found classes and homework, so the reading went down to maybe 1 a week if I was lucky, especially when you factor in RL.
I re-read some books, especially if I feel they're worth another look, usually some months later.
Although I don't have a particular genre, I do seem to favour fantasy, horror or crime books.
Last edited by Kiri Galdor on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Made by the fabulous Annie

Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love....

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity -- Dorothy Parker
Ri Hanssret
No broom

Post by Ri Hanssret »

I'm not sure. Plus, I read the "popular" series/books for girls and boys, in addition to those on my personal reading list. I'm always the one people come to for reading suggestions, and I help choose the books for the local library. So, I have no idea how many...

Plus, there can be tremendous length differences. For some reason, fantasy books tend to be longer than other genres. That is not a fact, but it always seems like that when I go to the libraries, or bookstores.
Keety Rhea
No broom

Post by Keety Rhea »

Just an update on how much I read, I have read to this day (7-16-2008) is 121 books and that is counting from September of 2007. I am just a bookworm as I have been told.
Credit to: Jenna Hathaway from Ravenclaw

Reserve Ravenclaw Prefect!! Zoki Phatom's HOL Mommy! Eno calls me Katie!

ke400-Fifth Year
Sylvia Laywn
No broom

Post by Sylvia Laywn »

Oh goodness gracious!! :blink:

I thought I read a lot until I came on here...
I do have to admit lately I haven't been reading enough, I've only finshed a few books in the last couple of months... I'm trying to get back on track, though. I have some twenty or so books I want to finish as soon as possible.
Getting back on topic, though... averaging the whole year, I tend to read about two books a week, which makes... about 104 books a year. Not too bad...
Last edited by Sylvia Laywn on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ravenclaw.
First year.
Paul Daniels
No broom

Post by Paul Daniels »

i read whenver i can and i average somewhere around one a week in school and generaly more during the summer.
Alva Saint-Clair
No broom

Post by Alva Saint-Clair »

yeah, i read about 7-10 books every year... But that doesn't count comic books and non-fiction books. *G* And out of those books, 7 of them are Harry Potter. The other three are usually novels.
"Such a lovely, sweet tempered girl."
Daniel Zaz
No broom

Post by Daniel Zaz »

I usually read a lotin my opinion like 75 to 80 books.

Return to “Book Talk”