Twilight

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Aylarah Scale
Oakshaft 79

Twilight

Post by Aylarah Scale »

I've just read that there's going to be a film of the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer coming out in 2008. Imagine my surprise to find out that Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) has one of the two leading roles (he plays Edward) /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just thought I'd tell people /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Aylarah Scale | ay600 | Ravenclaw 5th Year |
First Friend | Eagle Adopter | Hogsmeade Herald Editor| Ravenclaw Head Librarian
Sig and av made by the wonderful Aubrielle MacKenna

Tags:
Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Post by Gabrielle Belmont »

Excellent! I love twilight, and I think Robert looks great! I hope its a great movie! Cant wait to see it.
Proud Slytherin/Second year.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.
The emblem,shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin,will suffice for everyone.
Ariel Kingston
No broom

Post by Ariel Kingston »

It's hard to imagine Robert Pattinson playing a beautiful vamp boy....but i really want to see the movie so i guess I'll wait and see maybe with some makeup...
Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

February 25 is the day they start filming! They have most of the actors already! Lots of new names really, but I have seen the pictures and they all look good! And the girls are all very beautiful.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I am starting to get anxious about this movie. Hope its great!

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.
The emblem,shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin,will suffice for everyone.
Jinxy Jo
No broom

Post by Jinxy Jo »

I hope it is as good as the book and Robert isn't the Edward I had pictured but never mind! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
If I should become a stranger, you know that it would make me more than sad (8)
Sarah Evans
No broom

Post by Sarah Evans »

I haven't read the book yet but I am going to finish it before the movie comes out!
Aylarah Scale
Oakshaft 79

Post by Aylarah Scale »

Just thought I'd say that the Trailer is now out, and it looks amazing! I love Edward so much :P but his voice is a little wierd at first :lol:
Aylarah Scale | ay600 | Ravenclaw 5th Year |
First Friend | Eagle Adopter | Hogsmeade Herald Editor| Ravenclaw Head Librarian
Sig and av made by the wonderful Aubrielle MacKenna
Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

I think you mean the teaser, The offcial trailer comes out today in about 3 hours. You can go to www.twilightthemovie.com, and watch it this afternoon.
:lol: Cant wait!

Tyler Warner
No broom

Post by Tyler Warner »

I've seen the trailer when I went to see the last Narnia movie and the film look good.

Pattinson seems to do a pretty good job in this film
Last edited by Tyler Warner on Tue May 27, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy Greyback
No broom

Post by Lucy Greyback »

As I have just read all three books recently in three days, I am curious to see how Twilight will turn out in movies! I find myself addicted to the first book, so I am really anxious about the movie XD
|4th Year||Student Teacher: Astrology 101 and Werewolves 101||Gryffindor.|
Prof. Hermione Pena
No broom

Post by Prof. Hermione Pena »

I just read Twilight, and it actually didn't do too much for me. I'll probably end up seeing the movie, out of curiosity, but at the moment I'm not planning on reading the rest of the series.
Magic is the sun that makes a rainbow out of rain
Magic keeps the dream alive to try and try again
Magic is the love that stays when good friends have to leave
I do believe in magic, I believe
Lucy Greyback
No broom

Post by Lucy Greyback »

Have you seen the clip by MTV for a sneak preview of the Twilight movie? It was shown last night before the MTV movie awards....
Personally, I was disappointed and I fear the movie is going to upset me....
Felicia
Moontrimmer

Post by Felicia »

I was thrilled to see the preview clip from Twilight.. the scene looks action packed enough to keep everytone interested...

Though in the trailer that was released on the internet I just wish Edward would speak up a bit more.. he mumbles..... it's like.. get the marbles out of your mouth sweetheart.
Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Yeah, I also saw the sneak and it doesnt look so good! I hated the actor that play James. Edward is nice, and Bella is nice too, but Rosalie....she dissapointed me! I mean, she is supposed to be the most bautiful character in the book, and she is good looking, but not as Rosalie is described!

I dont know...lets wait and see!

Felicia
Moontrimmer

Post by Felicia »

I thought the same thing.. with Rosalie.... I expected this drop dead beautiful female.... I mean she is pretty.. but nothing like she's written in the book.

and is it bad that while watching Goblet of Fire on TV yesterday, everything Cedric was on the screen I thought.. there's Edward.
Piper McLaurin
No broom

Post by Piper McLaurin »

I just saw the preview for the first time yesterday, and I must say I was also underwhelmed. I will, of course, go see it...I'm far too big of a Twilight fan not to. I completely agree with Felicia in terms of Edward speaking up...that was one of the biggest things I noticed. I also didn't imagine Bella to be the way she is.

But, to be completely honest, I don't think anyone could have filled Bella's shoes in my mind. I feel as though each person takes on Bella's character as themselves when they read, and becomes very ensconced in her universe. Seeing someone else embodying here might just not work for a few of the readers. :)
~Piper McLaurin
Ravenclaw firstie!
Lucy Greyback
No broom

Post by Lucy Greyback »

Playing Bella, I think the actress that played in Flicka would have been a better choice ....
Ardeliah Longbottom
No broom

Post by Ardeliah Longbottom »

I read the book and I must admit I did NOT fall deeply in love with Edward.

*ducks*

As for Cedric playing Edward I reserve judgment. His character was nice in the HP movies but I thought he could have been done better. Since it is the only thing I have seen him in, I await his performance in Twilight.

*runs for cover from mad Twilight fans*

Twilight = hundreds of pages of googly eyes and unrealistic stalkerish controlling romance and fainting and head-crushing-talk.
Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

<_< Im a huge twilight fan, but everytime I watch the trailer, I hate the movie a bit more. The characters just don't convince me!

Ivorie Windton
No broom

Post by Ivorie Windton »

I just can't wait for the movie to come out (more excited for Breaking Dawn though) but still i'm very excited. I believe that reading the books always ruin the movies, you almost have to detach yourself from the books and think of the book as something compleatly different than the movie.
Last edited by Ivorie Windton on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
|8" Vine and Dragon Heartstring|iv810|

Return to “Movie Talk”