What Book Are You Reading?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Helena Rosenblum
No broom

Post by Helena Rosenblum »

Keety Rhea wrote:QUOTE (Keety Rhea @ Jul 12 2007, 06:49 AM) wood=mad never knew that /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
Shakespeare taught me that ^^;

And here am I, and wood within this wood
Last edited by Helena Rosenblum on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second year || Ravenclaw || Crochet junkie

Tags:
Felicia Crumpletoad
No broom

Post by Felicia Crumpletoad »

Currently im reading Pride and Prejudice because we're studying it in September, so im attempting to understand what "verily" the book is on about (perhaps about people pride and their prejudices? Who knows!)

I'v also just finished reading Across the Nightingale Floor (Lian Hearn) which I would recommend to all fiction readers.
Marmalade Brown
No broom

Post by Marmalade Brown »

I've now started to read 'street Kid' by Judy Westwater - it's a true story about abuse and survival. I'm only a quarter of the way through and it's already making the hairs on my arm stand up!
Lia Minix
No broom

Post by Lia Minix »

I'm currently reading Princess in Love. It's a Princess Diaries book. It's third in the series. Very exciting!
Amanda Patel
No broom

Post by Amanda Patel »

I am reading a ton of books at the moment, although I keep on getting distracted by the little things in life (such as the TV and internet). So far I'm reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurty, The Rabbit Factory by Marshall Karp, The Three Musketeers (Alexandre Dumas), Dune (Frank Herbert), The Alienist (Caleb Carr), The Italian Secretary (also by Caleb Carr), and I have more books that need to be read, because most of them I borrowed from my mom, who, needless to say, is quite irritated whenever I borrow anything book/DVD from her.

So I have quite a lot of reading to do for the rest of the summer, which is up until I start college.
Last edited by Amanda Patel on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otis B. Driftwood: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.
Fiorello: You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Claus!
-A Night at the Opera
Alexandria Faethorne
No broom

Post by Alexandria Faethorne »

I'm in the middle of reading Witch Child by Celia Rees. I'm a sucker for The Salem Witch Trials so it caught by interest right away. I'm not too far into it yet, but it's a great book thus far.

May Lee
No broom

Post by May Lee »

i read Mangas, Victim novels, and sometimes true story.
>> Burn the evils of the world with brilliant truth <<
Isabella Kettleburn
No broom

Post by Isabella Kettleburn »

Right now I'm reading "A first among sequels" by Jasper Fforde which is part of the Thursday Next series - a series I highly recommend. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
~*~Fourth Year~*~ Wand: 10" Sycamore, centaur tail hair core.~*~
Isabella Andromeda
No broom

Post by Isabella Andromeda »

Right now I'm reading The Naming by Alison Croggon. It's really good so far, I am about halfway through. I definately reccomend it. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Image <3 Izzy
I can't stop the rain from falling,
Can't stop my heart from calling
you, it's calling you, please be mine
Felicia
Moontrimmer

Post by Felicia »

I just finished reading Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire.

It's a whole different look to the story of Cinderella.
Dana Keren
No broom

Post by Dana Keren »

i'm reading harry potter now .
it's been 2 weeks since i started to read that .
hahahaha ..
correct me if I'm wrong .
hihihi (: .
Narcissa-Rae Crystal
No broom

Post by Narcissa-Rae Crystal »

I'm reading "Percy Jackson & the Olympians : The Sea of Monsters" I'm only on the first chapter because I just got it. But it seems interesting
Image1st Year/Gryffindor/Paranoid Panther/Sig made by Lucy Berkeley
May Lee
No broom

Post by May Lee »

i'm reading Harry Poter - and The Half Blood Prince now /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
haven't finish it yet.... 'cause i don't have enough time to finish it.. uuhhhh
>> Burn the evils of the world with brilliant truth <<
Ardeliah Longbottom
No broom

Post by Ardeliah Longbottom »

I read "Her name will be Faith" by Max Marlow yesterday. It is a really good book about a hurricane that hits New York City.

Today I read "Support Your Local Wizard" by Diane Duane. It is a nifty tale about two kids who become wizards. There are no schools just learn as you go kind of story.

Twilight = hundreds of pages of googly eyes and unrealistic stalkerish controlling romance and fainting and head-crushing-talk.
Roberta Drysdale
No broom

Post by Roberta Drysdale »

I'm reading Henry James' The Portrait of a Lady, and next one will be - at last!- HP7
The One And Only
Edana Holmes
No broom

Post by Edana Holmes »

Right now I'm reading Sabriel by Garth Nix. I accidentally started the trilogy with Lirael, but I am enjoying Sabriel a lot.
Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Post by Lenore Spiaggi »

My sweetie talked me into starting on David Eddings' Belgariad. I'm about 1/4 into the third book now, and I can hardly wait to see what happens next.
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."
Danielle Zang
No broom

Post by Danielle Zang »

I read anything i can get my hands on. but right now i am reading 'The Wedding' by Nicholas Sparks.
Scott Novak
No broom

Post by Scott Novak »

I'm rereading the Hobbit. I just felt that I needed too, though I don't know why.

This incredible avatar is courtesy of Prof. Anya Chutney

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities-Dumbledore
Megan Morgan
No broom

Post by Megan Morgan »

I'm reading Wicked, and I'm pretty sure it's by Gregory Maguire. I didn't like it at first, but I loved the music, so I kept reading. Now I'm loving it!

Return to “Book Talk”