Been To Any Concerts?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Lyza Zhen Haliwell
No broom

Post by Lyza Zhen Haliwell »

i've been watching different concerts at least once a month. classical and pop. its kind of my project in my music class. I've seen Avril when she came here and so as the other local bands that we have here. It was really fascinating. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
|7 1/2" Mahogany w/ Unicorn Hair|GRYFFINDOR|3rd yr|
|PPC|Proud Rabbleteer|MuggleBorn|

siggy by Ceri McHawk

Tags:
Aiko Ghwitches
No broom

Post by Aiko Ghwitches »

simple plan!
Liel Blue
No broom

Post by Liel Blue »

linkin park and hanson! they were simply splendid!

and now, i just cross my fingers and hope for Matchbox 20 and John Mayer doing their gigs here. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Emma Granger
No broom

Post by Emma Granger »

I went to one Hilary Duff concert when I was nine, but I don't like her anymore. She's just weird.
Gryffies rock! "Normal doesn't apply to us."

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Suess
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. -Dr. Suess (Applies to Harry Potter right now)

Extremely proud member of the Rabble Without a Cause!
Camille Ritter
No broom

Post by Camille Ritter »

I've been to quite a few.
All That Music & More
Trisha Yearwood
Barenaked Ladies
Black Clouds & Underdogs Tour: FFTL, Hawthorne Heights, AAR, FOB. This was THE BEST concert I could have ever hoped for. Got to see Tyson Ritter live, which was amazing.
Alice Averi
No broom

Post by Alice Averi »

N'sync (yes, what a shame, but I was 10.. give me a break. Yet, I got dragged there against my will)
Trans Syberia (spelling?) x2
All-American Rejects, Fall-out Boy, From First to Last & Hawthorne Heights (together)
and some christian rock band I don't know

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

Last night I saw BWO live. They were great!! Before I saw them I just thought they were, well they had some good songs. My friends were going and I decided to go with them. *lol* One show, and I'm a BWO fan! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

So that means that my list of concerts now looks like this:

-Hanson (Stockholm, Sweden 2005-04-13, the best one so far, I love them!)
-Electric Banana Band (Örebro, Sweden 2005-08-28, outdoors, pretty good)
-Plasma-Jet (Örebro, Sweden 2006-08-13, at NärCon, not the kind of music I listen to, but it was fun to see a "real japanese band" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )
-BWO (Karlskoga, Sweden 2006-08-27, really great show, became a fan)
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Isabella Wickham
No broom

Post by Isabella Wickham »

Not many - three in total. Still, it's a start!
B*Witched. Shhh. I was like, ten. And loved every moment. Go me. Stereophonics. And they were fantastic, even if it was the day after I'd got back from Australia and I was ridiculously jetlagged. And had to go to college the next day. I loved 'em, and standing is the way to go. Oasis. I loved every minute, even if a super moody friend of my was there and nearly spoiled it. Still. Me and my other friends had a great time, and I discovered I knew the lyrics to every single song they played, despite owning only one album. xD
Sofia Andersen
No broom

Post by Sofia Andersen »

-Elton John
-*NSYNC (8th grade, don't judge! lol)
-A Swedish amalgam in Oslo, the only good band was the Hellacopters (the main band was Kent but we didn't stay for them)
-Journey, Styx & REO Speedwagon
-Ben Folds, Rufus Wainwright & Guster
-Crosby Stills & Nash
-the Beach Boys (twice)
-the Pete Best Band
-Lynyrd Skynyrd
-the Moody Blues
-Dicky Betts & Great Southern
-Coldplay
-Ben Folds w/band
-Guster twice more

Next, I'm going to see the Who, my 2nd favourite band of allll time! I love going to concerts!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
"Hate is not conquered by hate: hate is conquered by love. This is a law eternal."
-Buddha

"We do not regard Englishmen as foreigners. We look on them only as rather mad Norwegians."
-Halvard Lange

Bri Kelley
No broom

Post by Bri Kelley »

Well..

Christina Aguilara (when I was like 10, c'mon lol)
Godsmack
Ill Nino
Dropbox
JFK (a local band, which one of the teachers my mom's friends with was the leader of that band)

I don't have too many on my roster. sadly /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
Izzy Hudson
No broom

Post by Izzy Hudson »

I go to local punk shows almost every weekend, but the venue's small, so I haven't really seen anyone notable there, aside from the Aquabats.

The only big band I've seen in concert is "new" Guns N' Roses (which consists of Axl Rose, some very scary looking studio musicians, and a lead guitarist who believes he was raised by chickens.)

I don't really have a preference between small venues and stadium shows, though. You get different things out of both.
funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns<33
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

Ya know, the Killers are ACTUALLY coming to the nearest city to me for once in April... I REALLY wanna go... I just don't think Mom will let me go by myself and she won't go with... so I have to find someone to drive me there since I prolly won't be allowed to drive all the way there by myself and back...
I will be upset if I can't go. When you've only went to a Hilary Duff concert...
Yeah. See my sitch?
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Klassisa Vernette
No broom

Post by Klassisa Vernette »

Ohhh yeahhh.. haha

I've gone to plenty of concerts in my lifetime but they were mostly classical pianists. My first rock concert was on February 5, 2003 and that was Linkin Park's Meteora World Tour at the Long Beach Arena (CA) with Story of the Year, Hoobastank, and POD. I went to see LIT and Hoobastank later that summer (and got a tour of their tour bus.. that was AWESOME), and I went to Projekt Revolution in 2004. Hmm my last concert had to be summer of 2006. I went to see Nickel****, Hoobastank, Chevelle, and Hinder. I didn't expect to go (my friend surprised me that day) but let me tell you this: Nickel**** is GREAT in concert. I never really was much of a fan, but they're really good. Hm.. I've been to plenty of local shows and such. Christian conventions/conferences often have really good bands too. The next concert I'm going to is on February 21, 2007 and I'm going to see The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (any fans in here?!?!?) at the House of Blues. After that, I'm going to see Taking Back Sunday, Armor For Sleep, and underOATH on March 13, 2007. It's going to be awesome! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Any fans of the above mentioned bands?? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
"Servatis a pereculum. Servatis a maleficum."
"The picture says it all... all we ever wished for, all we ever dreamed of, all we ever desired... the picture says it all."
- Klassisa Vernette -
Tha Werkheiser
No broom

Post by Tha Werkheiser »

I just went to Good Charlotte's. It was sooo great. They were awesome.
Olive Snitzberry
No broom

Post by Olive Snitzberry »

Well, I don't think I've ever seen a music concert but I am going to Christina Aguilera's concert in either next week or 2 weeks time...
Josh Kortos
No broom

Post by Josh Kortos »

Loads. Well not loads but alot. Let's see:

All American Rejects
P!ATD
Less than jake
Vans warped tour (Next month)
H.I.M (Next month also)
Black Sabbath
Rise Against
Guns N' Roses
Fall out boy
and 30 seconds to mars
Amelie Saphire
No broom

Post by Amelie Saphire »

I've seen
Panic! At The Disco, Cobra Starship x2, and Jack's Mannequin(Nothing Rhymes With Circus Tour)

The Academy Is, Paul Wall, + 44, and Fall Out Boy (Honda Civic Tour)

Cute Is What We Aim For x2, Envy On The Coast, As Tall As Lions, and Circa Survive ( AP Tour)

Say Anything and Saves The Day

The Red jumpsuit Apparatus x2, Kaddisfly, As I Lay Dying, Emery, Scary Kids Scaring Kids ( Take Action Tour)

and just recently Warped Tour ( Paramore, Bless The Fall, I Am Ghost, All Left Out, and many more)
From the Rain or Shine Gang:
We Escape The Rain With Escape The Fate
Warped Tour Lucky 13th: July 8, 2007 Denver, Colorado
Keira Ashworth
No broom

Post by Keira Ashworth »

Well, I' ve been only to 2 "big" ones:

- The Rolling Stones - 2006 - It was AmaaZing!!

- Bryan Adams - 2007 - He's awesome...

Then, I've been to local bands concerts or unknown groups, but they were all really great /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Pandora Kirkus
No broom

Post by Pandora Kirkus »

I went to see My Chemical Romance March 1st for my birthday (which is on March 27th but WHATEVER lol)

1st year | Ravenclaw | 14" Teak with a Vampire Fang core | pa818
Animagus: Wolf
Patronus: Dragon
Helena Rosenblum
No broom

Post by Helena Rosenblum »

My first concert ever was Panic! at the Disco w/ Cobra Starship and Jack's Mannequin on December 7th, 2006

Since then I've seen:

Fall Out Boy w/ some bands I can't remember and New Found Glory
Anarbor (local band)
Fall Out Boy w/ Cobra Starship, Paul Wall, The Academy Is..., and +44

Planning to see:

Anarbor
The Academy Is... w/ The Rocket Summer, Sherwood, and Armor For Sleep
Last edited by Helena Rosenblum on Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second year || Ravenclaw || Crochet junkie

Return to “Music Talk”