Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Sylvia Laywn
No broom

Post by Sylvia Laywn »

His Dark Materials. No question about it.

I also love HP (no, really?) and Chronicles of Narnia.
Last edited by Sylvia Laywn on Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ravenclaw.
First year.

Tags:
Danielle Jones
No broom

Post by Danielle Jones »

I love the HP Series!!!! I also love Missing series by Jenny Carroll (Meg Cabot) and the Georgia Nicolson series by Lousie Rennison. Also the buffy and angel series
Kassandria Servare
No broom

Post by Kassandria Servare »

my favorite book of all time is without a doubt has to be the penial colony a collection of short stories by franz kafka but its deffanitely something that shouldnt be read or understood by anyone under highschool age
Jasmine Melina
No broom

Post by Jasmine Melina »

just showing off my avatar!!
by the way who likes
the immortals
by i dont remember
there are 4 books
my fav is book 1: wild magic

Jasmine Meline
Goooo Gryffondor!
Tha Werkheiser
No broom

Post by Tha Werkheiser »

Harry Potter, of course. Two of a Kind (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen). Alice (Phyllis Reynolds Naylor).
Cliodna Bladvak
No broom

Post by Cliodna Bladvak »

Harry Potter is number one, of course. And then LOTR (Tolkien), Detective Conan (Aoyama Gosho), Princess Diary (Meg Cabot), Bermuda Triangel Mystery , Solved (Larry Kusche). I have so many book who could might be your fave book. But I'll post here later.
I'm angel of love, sometimes people call me CUPID
But 'cause often make a wrong, they call me a STUPID angel
Chloe Lavender
No broom

Post by Chloe Lavender »

Harry Potter and Cirque Du Freak. Those are books I can never get sick of. I've read all the Harry Potter books (Well, I guess not all since there's only the 6 out) 5 times each. I read GOF about 7 times, it's my favorite one. As for Cirque Du Freak...I'm reading the last installation right now and I've read the others twice. Twelve books are harder to read than six. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Prof. Opal Curare
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Opal Curare »

The Immortals were written by Tamora Pierce. She has a large collection of novels relating to that series as well.

"A single sunbeam is enough to chase away many shadows."
"Always."
Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Post by Lenore Spiaggi »

Oh boy, book series... So many of them. So let's see...

- Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover novels (over 20 at last count, I've only read 10) and the Avalon tetralogy (Forests of Avalon - Lady of Avalon - Priestess of Avalon - Mists of Avalon).

- Everything about Middle Earth.

- The Chronicles of Narnia.

- Sword and Sorceress (anthology of fantasy short stories, coming out yearly since 1984).
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."
Fiona Freedom
No broom

Post by Fiona Freedom »

Oh gosh...lots!
My father's dragon, The Pridane Chronicles, Lord of the Rings (though I actually preferred the Hobbit...I know, wierd, huh?), Narnia ummm...and lots of other fantasy-ish books that are not neccisarily in a series.
And the Harry potter series remain the only books that i consistantly read over and over.
Last edited by Fiona Freedom on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sig and av by Pyrus-Sig and Av palace
Zuvona Miska
No broom

Post by Zuvona Miska »

My favorite Book Series are Cirque du Freak and Demonta both are written by Darran Shan. He is an amazing writer and I highly recommend tham to anyone that likes vampires or demons.

Zuvi Miska
Second Year
Thanks to Addy for the beautiful siggy!
Jade Clapham
No broom

Post by Jade Clapham »

I have many favourites, I've read since I was 3 years old or so -> I've read A LOT in my life /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> But first these come to my mind:

-His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
-'Kay Scarpetta' series by Patricia Cornwell
-'Rei Shimura' series by Sujata Massey

And of course Harry Potters. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Cameron Blackburn
No broom

Post by Cameron Blackburn »

Besides being a Harry Potter fanatic there's this author called L.J. Smith that I absolutely love.... she writes about witches, vampires, werewolves, etc. Sorta like Harry Potter in a way, lol. But I totally recommend her to anybody.... her biggest series is called The Night World, but my personal favorite is The Secret Circle trilogy.
Olivia Charm
Oakshaft 79

Post by Olivia Charm »

emm... this is hard.
hp, of course, but i'll have to say abhorsen, by garth nix.
it's deep, it's intresting, and it's got it all, i swear (:
Giroro, Gilbert & Glimfeather - love forever!
Sycyla Rose
No broom

Post by Sycyla Rose »

There's two along with Harry Potter. The Icewindale Trilogy be R.A.Salvatore, a great read if you like fantasy and The Chronicles of narnia.
Layla Wolf
No broom

Post by Layla Wolf »

I think mines the chronicals of ancient darkness are my favorite. so far theres 3 in the series. its all set in pre-historic times with a couple of charectors and a wolf against some soul-eaters (similar to death-eaters).
Rori Smith
No broom

Post by Rori Smith »

i love the shadow children series. it's about those horrible third children, in the time where only two children were to be born to aviod overpopulation. it's very powerful.
|Rori Smith| First Year| Ravenclaw| Blake Granger's Eglet| PPC member| Wand: Vela core, 11 2/3"| Ravenclaw Library| The Squibbler|
Takius Morrighan
No broom

Post by Takius Morrighan »

Uuhh...I can't pick only one /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
My favorites are Harry Potter(that's obvious hehe), The Chronicles of Narnia, and, i don't know if the next ones are qualified as "series" but..., Lord of the Rings, Three Sisters Trilogy from Nora Roberts and..ahmm...that's it i think...i'm starting to read other ones but... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Alex Shadows
No broom

Post by Alex Shadows »

umm,im a little ashamed to admit this but i like the Lemony Snicket Books!! all 13! check em out! you'll get hooked too! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Silver Dragon
No broom

Post by Silver Dragon »

This is pretty easy for me to answer... besides Harry Potter, my all time favorite series has to be "The Dragonriders of Pern"!!!
Dragons -- Top of the Food Chain!

Return to “Book Talk”