Whats Your Favorite Movie Genre?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Lera Kamerat
No broom

Post by Lera Kamerat »

I like all kinds because some parts can be Drama and some can be comedy in the same movie. Or Action and romance, well you get the idea. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Lera
One for all and all for one!

Tags:
Prof. Angelus Darklost
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Angelus Darklost »

I chose DRAMA, because it's the closest thing to PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER that I could figure out. I like those movies that make your mind work...*heh*
"The monkey may be off your back, but that doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin
Ororo Granger
No broom

Post by Ororo Granger »

I love adventure movies, I like comedies too. My favourites are Sci-Fi, but as I don't see this point separately in the pool, I vote adventure cause I considere Scifi a subgenre of adventures.
Comedies are great but I only go to cinema if is a great comedy, I prefer see comedies at home. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Old Wand: 6 1/3 inches, Birch, core of Phoenix Feather :oops: It's broken
Actual Wand: Poplar, 12 1/2 inches, Unicorn Tail Hair
Pet: Northern Hawk Owl named Blacky
Prof. Maya Winters
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Maya Winters »

I voted for adventure, but I love most movies really, my favorites tend to be the fanstasy or sci-fi ones though, like Lord of the Rings or the Matrix.
Any movie that's actually different is good though, I'm kind of bored of the same old romantic comedies at the moment, although some of them are a bit more original than others.
Thanks to Dario for providing me with the shiny butterflies for my sig/av ^^
Ashleigh Colins
No broom

Post by Ashleigh Colins »

i went with adventure, but i also like abit of fanasy, drama, horror, thriller, and some comedy /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
"Made @ The Sig N' Av Palace by Pyrus
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano »

I love all those genres (well maybe not educational) but I'm much more of a Comedy/Drama/Action/Romance/Adventure/Mystery/Fantasy type of girl. I don't know what to vote for...comedy makes me laugh, drama and romance are so touching, action and adventure are action packed, mystery has a lot of suspense, and don't get me started on Fantasy! I'm going with Adventure then. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Hazel Kaprano | Ravenclaw
Becca Chalker
No broom

Post by Becca Chalker »

i voted drama. i love all those genres, but drama just has such amazing stories! and they usually make me cry /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />...i also really love fantasy...but not only when it's completely surreal. i love movies like big fish that seem half real half imagination. ok i'm rambling...

-becca.
when the power of love
overcomes the love of power,
the world will know peace.
Eoin Hogworth
No broom

Post by Eoin Hogworth »

I like comedy,I like action-comedy the best like Johnny English.Comedy is really good I mean who doesn't like laughs?
Nikki Malfoy
No broom

Post by Nikki Malfoy »

DEFINITELY LOVE COMEDIES!!!!!!!!!
Drama- Usually too sad( I like to laugh )
Horror- Too scary!(For me, at least)
Comedy- YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Action- Meh, O.K.
Mystery- As long as it's not scary...YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Romance- Just plain not my type
Fantasy- As long as it's not about sword fighting and wars...I love Harry Potter! That's sort of a fantasy, right?
Adventure- Well, I do love adventures...but not all adventures
meh
Orick Excalibur
No broom

Post by Orick Excalibur »

My choice would probably be a mixture of both Comedy and romance. Those are the good dating movies. Adam Sandler is a Genious! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
*Siggy made by Natalie James at the Sig N' Av Palace.*
Hufflepuff | First Year | Badger Cub Award | MARS | or605 |
Morag McQueen
No broom

Post by Morag McQueen »

That was a tough call, honestly /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
I just like movies full stop, but after a lot of thinking I decided that it had to be Mysteries
Many Thanks to the wonderful Efie from SparkleissaInk for both Signature and Avatar.
Camille Ritter
No broom

Post by Camille Ritter »

I love horror. Ever since I was a little kid I've loved scaring myself to death. It's such a fun experience, seeing what new elements will scare a crowd these days. Hence why I want to be a horror movie director.
Scarlett Gabryella
No broom

Post by Scarlett Gabryella »

I believe the movie genre i most like best always depends on my mood.
Sometimes Action (Troy)
Sometimes Comedy (Anchorman)
Othertimes Romantic Comedy (Love Actually)
etc.
It all Depends /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
"In Dreams, We enter a world that is entirely our own."
Kyle Dagge

Post by Kyle Dagge »

I couldn't really decide between horror and comedy. I love to laugh but i also love to be scared! If i had to choose one it would probable be comedy though because i think i would rather laugh than be scared! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Ron Lupin
No broom

Post by Ron Lupin »

I love all kinds of movies, so my taste changes. If I had to choose one, I would have to choose comedy because there is nothing like a good laugh to cheer you up. I also like action movies, drama movies, adventure, and fantasy. I could pretty watch anything!!!!
Gryffindor First Year ro810 11 inches from a hemlock tree with a hippogriff talon core

Harry Potter, it's what we live for for!!!
Ryouko Palma
Silver Arrow

Post by Ryouko Palma »

Adventure is the best! But I really have favorite movies as opposed to favorite genres, so I like adventure, sci-fi, comedy, action, mystery and fantasy (like Harry Potter!!!) Wait, there is no choice of sci-fi on this, what?!? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
Ryouko Palma
First Year
Ravenclaw
Isabella Kings
No broom

Post by Isabella Kings »

I voted for action, coz most of my favourite movies are action, but I would of voted for fantasy but it wasn't there...
Freya McOarn
No broom

Post by Freya McOarn »

I love comedy, very very much, especially romance comedy. But sorry, no X-rated comedy please...
I'm dazzling...
munch-munch-munch...
Jesse LeFay
Oakshaft 79
Location: Slytherin, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe

Post by Jesse LeFay »

Heh, I love chick flicks, like Mean Girls etc... but my favourite is Horror. I love seeing each time to what new limits they can push a sense of fear, terror.....it's great /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Memento Mori
unus putesco slytherins regnum munduso
*Love is nothing but an Illusion*
~*SLYTHERIN PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE!!!*~
~*Credits to Camille Ritter for the lovely siggy above*~

Return to “Movie Talk”