Whats Your Favorite Movie Genre?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Ellie Woodward
No broom

Whats Your Favorite Movie Genre?

Post by Ellie Woodward »

my fav is all...LoL...I like comedeys though!!!

[Editted for netspeak]
Last edited by Ellie Woodward on Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Isabella Astiar
No broom

Post by Isabella Astiar »

I guess that my favorite genre would be comedy too - I like drama and psychological thrillers better, but I can't stomach too many of them at a time. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

And as for romance, I enjoy watching it when it's incorporated into other genres, but I don't like watching just people making out and stuff. There has to be a plot, which the romantic movies usually just ignore.

And horror? *shudders* I'm a scaredy-cat.
Isabella Astiar
Lavendie Bregell
No broom

Post by Lavendie Bregell »

My fave genre would be adventure, but comedies are sometimes better. I guess that my favourite genre changes according to my mood.
I usually can't watch horror movies. I saw one about a year ago and I still have nightmares, so...

Signature from the wonderful ID card shop!
Andromeda Raven
No broom

Post by Andromeda Raven »

Comedy, but only certain types. No offence to anyone, but I don't get American humour...sorry.

Anyway, I am a total Pythonite....meaning I love Monty Python. Not just the films! I love the TV shows more, but the films are great too (...this is where everyone starts quoting The Holy Grail to me /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ). I also love 50s British comedy films, and the Carry On films are great too.
Probably the more recent comedy film I like is Shaun Of The Dead - that's the most recent one I can think of.

My second favourite genre would be horror...only because a couple of my favourite actors are in horror movies (mostly)
Sean Cavenaugh
No broom

Post by Sean Cavenaugh »

While I love comedy, drama, adventure and movies of those other kinds, I'm going to have to say that Horror/Suspense/Mystery movies are my favorite kinds. Though I'll have to go with the older classic type flims like "Night of the Living Dead," the origional "Dawn of the Dead," "Carrie," (her mom is NUTS!) "Psycho," "Halloween," "Nightmare on Elm Street..."

You get the picture...

They're the kinds of movies I was raised on, and they're the kind of movies I will watch til the day I die. Although, the slasher movies that are out today aren't about horror too much anymore, they're about violence and gore which isn't really scary as far as Im concerned.
Ryuichi Hyori
No broom
Location: We strive to be the best, but just end up being a part of a nest of people of equal intelligence. We

Post by Ryuichi Hyori »

A movie that'll make me laugh has my vote.

I loved Mean Girls and various miscellaneous Korean films... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

[-Potiontology-][-Class Assistant-]

When you want everything you'll end up with nothing...
Steph Rowe
No broom

Post by Steph Rowe »

Comedy, because they always cheer me up and they always make me feel good /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Thalia Muna
No broom

Post by Thalia Muna »

Horror for me. I'm always petrified whilst watching them, but then afterwards I'm ranting and raving about how good it was.
Amanda Patel
No broom

Post by Amanda Patel »

I like action movies. Some of my favorite actions movies are Die Hard and Lethal Weapon (okay, I like where they blow stuff up /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />). Besides action, I also like adventure (National Treasure), comedy, and shouldn't sci-fi be up on the poll? Sci-Fi is also a favorite movie genre of mine.

Some other genres I enjoy but not ultimately are horror and mystery.
Otis B. Driftwood: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.
Fiorello: You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Claus!
-A Night at the Opera
Sonne Lindemann
No broom

Post by Sonne Lindemann »

Mystery, but I also love Independent, Fantasy, Horror, Adventure, Comedy, some sci-fi, and little bit of Action.

It really depends on the actors and the ads/movie rates for me.
Rebecca Peck
No broom

Post by Rebecca Peck »

Definately comedy. I am a hilarious person myself, so it's good to watch other people at work. My favourite comedy actor is without a doubt Jim Carey. He is absolutely amazingly funny.
Made by Cho Delacour in Siganture Palace

Wand: 11 inches, Mahogany, Unicorn hair
Pets: An Eagle owl called Spock
Kingdom: Silver Starfruit
Blood: Pure blooded and proud to be a Hufflepuff
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

I like a lot of different kinds of movies, though my favourite genre would probably be a mixture between adventure/fantasy/action/comedy. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

But I rarely watch horror movies. Very rarely, it almost never happens!
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Gwendolyn Zabini
No broom

Post by Gwendolyn Zabini »

I admit it. I can't watch anything without Romance (except if it's Comedy) /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Personally, I love Romance/Comedy, otherwise, something with an unpredictable plot.

I'm scared of Horror movies, I rarely watch them. Not a big fan of Fantasy/Sci-Fi either.
I make no sense
Andrew Mooney

Post by Andrew Mooney »

horror and comedy are my favourite but over all comedy as they make you happy after watching them if you were sad before hand /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />
Charlotte Ashville
No broom

Post by Charlotte Ashville »

i love movies with adventure and a lot of action in it. it just help me boost up my energy...

thanks to Edison..

wand:7 3/4 inches from a sycamore tree, with a kraken beak core
Jenn Ulv
No broom

Post by Jenn Ulv »

I like adventure, drama and mystery. I think a little bit of comedy is essential in any film though.
The only genre I find hard to like though, is horror. I just think it's hard to find a horror film that has a good storyline, is entertaining the whole way though, and is scary. Maybe I'm just fussy :-\
Becca Granger
No broom

Post by Becca Granger »

Definately comedy. I am a hilarious person myself, so it's good to watch other people at work. My favourite comedy actor is without a doubt Jim Carey. He is absolutely amazingly funny.
Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed
- Legally Blonde
Alexandria Faethorne
No broom

Post by Alexandria Faethorne »

I'm a horror movie person, so that's definately my favorite movie genre. I've loved horror movies since I was a young child and still love them and will continue loving them. Horror movies are great and I enjoy watching them.

Emily Vale
No broom

Post by Emily Vale »

My favorite genre is horror, but ironically, none of my favorite movies are horror movies. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> -Em
Last edited by Emily Vale on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Click my sig or visit www.collaborationgraphics.net
Liz Porter
No broom

Post by Liz Porter »

My favorite of all time is Sci Fi but action comes in second usually except for anything about CSI

Return to “Movie Talk”