Do You Play An Instrument?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Adelaide Carson
No broom

Post by Adelaide Carson »

I play acustic guitar, percussion, and piano. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Signature made by me. PM me if you want one! (I can't do animation yet, though. Sorry!)
Proud Lion
Wand: Redwood, 8 and 3/4 inches, Phoenix Feather core
Pet: Snowy Owl named Starr

Tags:
Maisie Blue
No broom

Post by Maisie Blue »

I play guitar and bass, and I also play violin, piano and flute. I would really really like to play drums and saxophone though.
Bridgette Medwin
No broom

Post by Bridgette Medwin »

Loden Evercast wrote:I play bass and guitar.
I play all 4 types of saxaphones (Tenor is my favorite)
As well as Clarinet
Bridgette Eliza Medwin | Proud 1st year Gryffindor
Maker of custom Signatures | PM me your request
Wand: Maple & Walnut | 13 1/2 inches | Pheonix Feather
Pet: Black Cat Named GiGi
Hannah Jrenier
No broom

Post by Hannah Jrenier »

I play drums. My friends say I'm a pretty good player, but I don't know.
WEASLEY IS OUR KING
Hemolele Hurley
No broom

Post by Hemolele Hurley »

I play the Tenor sax, the Bari sax, and the flute.

I don't play them awesomely, but I'm pretty decent.
Olivia Cherwood
No broom

Post by Olivia Cherwood »

I play the piano mostly, I have been playing the Piano for 6 years and a half altogether,since I was 4 or 5 I cant really remeber, though I only do recitals,I ahvent competed yet, this spring I tried to registyer for the Fair piano competition online,but something went wrong with my registration...I also play the Recorder, I started about 3 years ago,at school,in third grade, I like it alot, but I havent learned so much, you see my school had 2 recorder teachers and some homeroom classes got one and the pther classes got another. Well turns out, I got the teacher who taught us much much slower than the other. By the time the classes with the other teacher were playing swing and the Titanic, while our class was still doing repetitions of hot cross buns,doggy mine, and stuff like that, it wasnt till the end of the year did we learn how to play swing! Oh well I plan to get better at that, continue piano, and learn how to play the guitar!
Peaches Squangler
No broom

Post by Peaches Squangler »

i'm really sorry...i made this post on accident i didnt realize that i already posted here and i dont know how to delete it so someone can delete it if they want too!
*ekk sorry*
Last edited by Peaches Squangler on Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dillon Byrne
No broom

Post by Dillon Byrne »

I play the violin and the guitar, and then I'm going to play whatever I get assigned next year in band.

~Dillon
Hufflepuff (Second Year, di550, USA, Half-Blood)
Wand: 12 inches, Maple, Pheonix Tail Feather
Pet: Snow Owl named Belmont
Jackie Way
No broom

Post by Jackie Way »

i play electric guitar, although I sing as well, and I play the piano, but I like singing better! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
I'm not ok, I promise!-
Your's truly,
Jackie Way
<3
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano »

I've played the flute for four years and I played the recorder when I was eight years old, but stopped playing it after third grade. I wish I played the guitar!
Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Post by Sophronia Bradenton »

Flute is so cool /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> No reeds or anything. You just pick it up and play. Wow.

Ahh this Sunday I've got auditions for a chamber music ensemble with my oboe. I really hope I get it, because chamber music is amazing and this seems to be like, my chance to go for it. So I'm praying!
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up
Adele James
No broom

Post by Adele James »

I play several instruments. The Piano, the flute, and the alto saxophone. I also go to a conservatorium of music. I don't do performance though, I have the worst anxiety. My hands shake so badly, and since my MAJOR instrument is the piano, you can see how thats bad. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I hope you get into your Chamber Ensemble!
Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Post by Sophronia Bradenton »

You go to a conservatory? That's AMAZING. I'd do anything to be able to get into one of those, I've heard they're the place for really serious musicians, and it's this brilliant place where you learn so much with your instrument. My dream is to get accepted into a conservatory or a music college that specializes in music or something like that. Not Julliard, you've got to be like a child prodigy to get into there, alas.

I hope I do, too...it would only add another thing onto my insane hectic schedule of doom, but chambers is so wonderful /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> That is dreadful on piano...with any instrument, really. I had a solo in band once (a really short one, because since it's band like they're going to give long oboe solos) and my hands shook so bad I couldn't play, then my heart raced so my breath came short and couldn't support...*wince* 'tisn't cool.
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up
Lola Lee
No broom

Post by Lola Lee »

I play saxophone, a little flute, clarinet, bass,and piano and I really, really want to learn the cello or double bass.

I've never really had the guts to audition for anything beyond what classes there are at my school. And despite the seemingly long list of what I can play I don't really have a passion for any of the instruments. That's why I really want to pick up cello, because I think I could really love it.

One of my dreams has been to play in the Stanford band. Now, I realize Stanford is one of the hardest colleges to get into, but I don't mind having an unrealistic dream. That band is so cool and rebellious and fun (once when I visited their campus, the band was marching through, dancing in a fountain, and gave a water gun to one of my friends)
I think you have to play brass for them though.
Prevent violence against flamboyant animals...

just say NO to pinatas.
Isabella Astiar
No broom

Post by Isabella Astiar »

I admit openly here and now that I hate to practice, but I love music.

I play the flute, and I've played on and off for about five years now. I've participated in school orchestras and I find it much easier to play with a group than by yourself. I mean, flute is a wind instrument, and it's really difficult to produce a clear, stable sound when you're shaking like jello. So you really have to control your nervousness; just looking calm isn't enough for flute.

And technically, I sing, so voice should be counted as an instrument, right? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Last edited by Isabella Astiar on Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isabella Astiar
Melui Kurayami
No broom

Post by Melui Kurayami »

I play piano (not really...I'm self-taught...so I'm not sure if that counts) and trombone (played that for 5 years). I want to learn bass so badly...such a great instrument. My brother is planning on buying one, so hopefully I will be able to learn...though I'll be self-taught...ah well. ^__^ I played flute as well for a brief period of time, but I don't remember much...only played for a few months.
Loden Evercast
No broom

Post by Loden Evercast »

Being self-taught is ok. I play bass in a band and i also play guitar on the side and i taught myself both.
And she'll be right here in my arms
So in Love
She'll be right here in these arms
She can't let go
Elandra Maerdyn
No broom

Post by Elandra Maerdyn »

Me, I'm a guitar gal at the moment ^.^ I've been playing the electric guitar for a few years now, though next year I'm going to try the harp just for fun. I doubt that my band will appreciate that, but I'll still be able to use the guiat! I used to know how to play the violin and clarinet, though I doubt that I could figure them out again!
Dolly Bulge
No broom

Post by Dolly Bulge »

My main instrument is the electric guitar, although I also occassionally play the bass for my band.

I also know how to play the piano and limited ammounts of a few other instruments.

Credit for sig to Cho Delacour of Sigs N' Avys
Paige Zauberei
No broom

Post by Paige Zauberei »

I play flute and saxophone and I am about to start the clarinet. I also used to play the piano and the guitar.

With your poll, it might be slightly more fair to put rhythm section (ie bass, guitar, drums, piano), strings (violin, viola, cello, double bass), woodwind (flute, sax, clarinet, bassoon, oboe, etc.) and brass (trumpet, tuba, trombone, etc.). Because sine "classical" instruments, such as flute, also play things like jazz.
Made by Me!

Return to “Music Talk”