Been To Any Concerts?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Elleze Drayer
No broom

Post by Elleze Drayer »

I have only been to classical concerts, various orchestras, bands, and other ensembles. My favorite was when my school band took a trip and saw the Atlanta Symphony in Georgia. It was such a moving and musical experience, it makes me wanna go to a concert like that every week /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />
"The only woman awake is the woman who has heard the flute." -- Rumi

Tags:
Sila Snape
No broom

Post by Sila Snape »

I have been to many concerts, mostly classical. Beside classical concerts, what I remember is the 'Red Army Chorus'. It was simply great.
"I don't know what kind of weapons will be used in the third world war, assuming there will be a third world war. But I can tell you what the fourth world war will be fought with - stone clubs."
Einstein
Chris Moody
No broom
Location: Gryffindor 08' Heck Yeah Baby! Proud Lion Right Here! ROAR!!!

Post by Chris Moody »

lets see i am going to see Chevelle, Strata, Future Leaders of the World, Crossfade, and Helmet on Thursday at the Winterfresh Sno=Core Tour... its gonna be sweet

ive seen:

Chevelle
KoRn
HIM
Skindred
Ruckus
The Geeks
Unforsaken
DayBreak
Kill Hannah
Eightteen Visions
Static X

ive prolly seen More
im hoping to go see Velvet Revolver in April
Ami Molko
No broom

Post by Ami Molko »

The Last concert I went to was Rufus Wainwright. Which was amazing,
he's amazing. I like him more and more every day and I recommend
him to everyone I can. Though my father hasn't taken a liking to him,
yet.

I also saw Placebo which was a great show, even though I got kicked
really hard.
'Hahaha mine is an evil laugh
Duniper Bay
No broom

Post by Duniper Bay »

I love concerts! I haven't been to many but..

The Arrogant Worms
Great Big Sea
The Barenaked Ladies
Sum 41
Simple Plan
Pennywise
Blurt
Manifest Destiny
Rancid
The Dropkick Murphys
The All American Rejects
The Proclaimers

.... yeah I can't remember any more.
Once. I went to Burberry. And I wanted an Umbrella. But it was $95.00 american. So I didn't buy it.

That is the story of my life.
Allanna Branwen Culwich
No broom

Post by Allanna Branwen Culwich »

*blinks* Duni's seen Great Big Sea? *loves them*

Hmm... Who have I seen in concert.
Moxy Fruvous
The Nields
Da Vinci's Notebook
Arlo Guthrie
Dar Williams
Ellis Paul
Vance Gilbert

Skads of other people...
Allanna Branwen Culwich ~ al4545 ~ Ravenclaw Book Club Head ~ Library + Alte Staff ~ Ravenclaw's Resident Pirate Who Doesn't Do Anything ~ Insane
Duniper Bay
No broom

Post by Duniper Bay »

Allanna Branwen Culwich wrote:*blinks* Duni's seen Great Big Sea? *loves them*
Of course I've seen Great Big Sea. Every real Canadian has seen them or is planning to.
Once. I went to Burberry. And I wanted an Umbrella. But it was $95.00 american. So I didn't buy it.

That is the story of my life.
Willow Leviculus
No broom

Post by Willow Leviculus »

My last concert was Reba McEntire. I am so mad she isn't coming back to our rodeo this year!! Anyone else like Reba?
*l Willow Leviculus l Wi353 l 4th Year l*
"Logic can take you from point A to point B,
but imagination can take you anywhere!"

HOL IDOL 2006!!! =)
Jade Seabiscuit
No broom

Post by Jade Seabiscuit »

Well, I hope you guys saw Showtime on March 5th, 2005! The Usher concert was aired LIVE from Puerto Rico!!! I went to the concert and it absolutely ROCKED!!!!!!! We had a local singer up there with Usher too. It was Daddy Yankee and they both rocked the Coliseum!!! I definitely hope Usher comes back!!!
JadieLee Seabiscuit
Proud Gryffindor Lioness!
Muggle-born Witch
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

I haven't been to any concerts - yet! But April 13th is THE day, then I'll go see Hanson for the first time ever!!! It's gonna be so cool, I've wanted to see them live for 8 years! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
James Summers
No broom

Post by James Summers »

You know I've actualy lost count of the number of concerts I've been to/bands I've seen. The last year *alone* has about as many as some of the lists you guys have made. Short of going through my T-shirt collection I doubt I'll remember *all* of them.

The ones that are most memorable though are:
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Deep Purple
Green Day
Placebo
Nightwish

I have to say that festivals are the way to go. Lots of music, good people, good fun... and five days in a tent. Though I'm seriously unimpressed by this years Reading line up. Have a feeling our tickets may be hitting Ebay...

Jim
***Per Ardua Ad Astra***
Darcey Goode
Oakshaft 79

Post by Darcey Goode »

The last concert I was at was Westlife in February (no, don't laugh, they were good). Before that was Jackson Browne near the end of last year, I think.

I've seen assorted people over the years, some of my choosing, some of my mother's. My first was either the Monkees or the Tremeloes/Rubettes/Mungo Jerry. Can't remember which came first, but I know I was really young for both of them.

I have, however, seen Andrew Lloyd Webber's Starlight Express 6 times over the past two weeks, if that's relevant. *g*
Slytherin | da357 | Preppy!Darcey | Queen of All Music | Random Slyth
Nexi's Beater | NOT scary | Terrible | Stalking Biggles | Bludger Magnet
Chris Moody
No broom
Location: Gryffindor 08' Heck Yeah Baby! Proud Lion Right Here! ROAR!!!

Post by Chris Moody »

since the last time i posted in this i have seen quite a few more concerts so here is the update so far....

chevelle
strata TWICE!
crossfade
helmet
future leaders of the world
crossfade
drop six
velvet revolver
Hoobastank
the used
my chemical romance
senses fail
killswitch engage
saosin
my american heat
idiot pilot

i have seen quite a few they are all rock tooo

i got to sing with Strata the first second time i saw them... it was awesome and i got to crowsurf during Velvet Revolver, Hoobastank and the Used.
Prof. Narijima Kausu
No broom

Post by Prof. Narijima Kausu »

Willow Leviculus wrote:My last concert was Reba McEntire. I am so mad she isn't coming back to our rodeo this year!! Anyone else like Reba?
Country fan? I like Reba, too. She's actually coming to Oregon soon, on her "Three Hats and a Redhead" tour (where do they come up with those names?).

Hmm, I've only been to two concerts:

Kenny Chesney (with Uncle Crakcer (or is it with a "K"?) and *swoon* Rascal Flatts)

Toby Keith (with Terry Clark)

Personally, I thought Kenny Chesney was much better than Toby Keith (he seemed a lot friendlier, a lot happier to be there, and a lot more personable), but I like them both.
Christine McTague
No broom

Post by Christine McTague »

QUOTE My last concert was Reba McEntire. I am so mad she isn't coming back to our rodeo this year!! Anyone else like Reba?[/quote]
Reba? I'm not a fan of hers (I prefer the older country stars like Waylan Jennings and Johnny Cash) but she's supposedly really nice. I've never met her, but she lived just on the other side of town from us and her son went to my little brother's school.
I went to the Dresden Dolls concert last night. Oh man. That was AWESOME! I had a terrific time. The first two bands weren't that good. They were Internatinal Noise Conspiracy and And They Shall Know Us By The Trail of Dead. INC was ok. They at least made a show of things by dancing and jumping all over the stage. That made their music ok, if not great. But the other band didn't do anything and had a lot of empty space that broke up their set. Plus the lead singer was totally flat. I sat in the back with another girl and made fun of them until they left.
But when the Dresden Dolls came on I shoved my way as close as I could to the stage. I had a great time. Everyone was really into it and the music was terrific. I stayed for an hour or so afterwards to get my poster signed. That was great!
But the carpark was closed afterwards... With my car still in it. The park ranger was mad at us for some reason when he unlocked it. As if it was our fault. Oh well.
Christine McTague, First Year, Slytherin.
Wand: Rosewood and ebony handle, 12", Gryphon feather.
Familiar: Keethan the eagle owl.
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis.
Angelina Bell
No broom
Location: A Place Where Heaven And Earth Are One And The Same (Gryffindor)

Post by Angelina Bell »

I have been to at least my age in concets (which is 14) but I think it might be closer to 20. Recently I went to see Jamie O'neal (for the second time, I saw her at Girls Night Out with Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Martina McBride, and Reba McEntire-really awesome concert), Joe Nichols (he is very nicely built), and Phil Vassar (I think the piano is a jungle gym) I saw them at Magic Mountain (an amusement park) and they shut down the park to those who didn't have tickets. Last week I saw Deirks Bently (awsome concert) at a theatre thta maybe held 2,000 people.

Siggy done by Rachel Baudelaire
Crystal Key
No broom

Post by Crystal Key »

I don't have anyplace close to me that is a concert area. So I have never seen any concerts, I know it is so sad and crazy. I have heard it before....

Crystal Key
Loden Evercast
No broom

Post by Loden Evercast »

I really havent been to many concerts but the ones i have been to are

7 seconds
Tiger Army
Unseen
Briggs
Lost City Angels
Last edited by Loden Evercast on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And she'll be right here in my arms
So in Love
She'll be right here in these arms
She can't let go
Josie Monkelly
No broom

Post by Josie Monkelly »

I've only been to just 2 concerts. Both times it was Hanson that I went to see. I'm a big fan of Hanson and absolutely just love their music, and both concerts that I've attended (one during their Underneath Acoustic tour, August 2003; the other during their Underneath plugged in tour, August 2004) were just awesome. I had a great time at both concerts, and hope to go to more! It would be fun to go to other concerts as well.
Bridgette Medwin
No broom

Post by Bridgette Medwin »

You've been to quite a few concerts! I've only been fortunate to go to a couple.

I was lucky enough to go see Ozzfest when I was 15 I believe and then just last year I got to go see a concert where a lot of christian rock bands were playing.

The ones I remember were Spoken and Disciple. Don't bash the christian rock concerts though. Great mosh pitting. If people feel they pick you up instead of standing on you /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Bridgette Eliza Medwin | Proud 1st year Gryffindor
Maker of custom Signatures | PM me your request
Wand: Maple & Walnut | 13 1/2 inches | Pheonix Feather
Pet: Black Cat Named GiGi

Return to “Music Talk”