Book talk

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Talim Sorel

Post by Talim Sorel »

Oh trust me! It's better than any other book I've read!
Yeah, I loved Saphira too.
They are making a movie out of the book through Fox 2000.

Tags:
Estelwen Black
No broom

Post by Estelwen Black »

I love: Harry potter
Lord of the Rings
Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Artemis Fowl series
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
Buffy series books
Charmed series books
Angel series books
Dark Angel series books
Roswell series books
"Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them." John Updike.

Made by Em @ the Sig N Av Palace
Estelwen Black
No broom

Post by Estelwen Black »

I heard about the book, but I've never read it, I'm curious to read it though, it's seems great.
"Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them." John Updike.

Made by Em @ the Sig N Av Palace
Kathryn Mansfield
No broom

Post by Kathryn Mansfield »

Ahhh...Eragon! That was a brilliant book!

I loved his writing style, though it took me awhile to get used to it. Talim, I completely agree with you. That was such a sad part in the book... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Xander- I think that Sapphira was a definitely a strong character, though I loved Brom and Eragon himself.

I'm so glad that I've found a place to discuss books!!

*hugs*
/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Kathryn
Friendship really is the strongest magic...music lives within your soul, find it and you shall live too...live each day to the fullest..."Do or do not, there is no try" --Yoda

SEIZE THE DAY!
Nianala Nocens

Post by Nianala Nocens »

I think I'll list by series, it's a lot easier than listing all of the books in each series.

+Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
+The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan
+Dragonriders of Pern - Anne McCaffrey
+The Last Herald Mage - Mercedes Lackey
+His Dark Materials - Phillip Pullman
+Artemis Fowl - Eoin Collier
Last edited by Nianala Nocens on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keaira Filan
No broom

Post by Keaira Filan »

There're many wonderful books that I've come across but I can't remember all of them. Some of my favorites are listed below:

- Alias series
- Harry Potter series
- books written by Lisa Rojany
- books written by Patricia H. Rushford
- Chinese Cinderella (Adeline Yen Mah)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins (Scott O' Dell)
- The Dogs of Riga (Henning Mankell)
- The Outsiders (S.E Hinton)
Last edited by Keaira Filan on Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melui Kurayami
No broom

Post by Melui Kurayami »

Harry Potter (^__^ Of course... who on these boards WON'T include Harry Potter?)
Lord of the Rings
Song of the Lioness Quartet

Those are my favourites... Not much else I've read that I was like "WOW! That was amazing! I LOVED that!" /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />
Rachel B. Diggory
No broom

Post by Rachel B. Diggory »

all you you HAVE to read The Midnighters. it is a trilogy and only the first one is out so far. reviews said the "potter followers" will love this book and they were right! it was SO good! i read it all in one day!

*SOTM Queen Of CONGA*
Jessamyn Logan
No broom

Post by Jessamyn Logan »

Besides the Harry Potter books? My favorite book is "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison... I have loved the book even though when I was in highschool, the school board banned it in our Modern American Lit class...it didnt stop us from reading it outside of school! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

~Jessie

Love Always! ~Jessie||je503||Proud Hufflepuff!||"Home is where the Sett is..."||Hufflepuff Quidditch Rocks!||Sig and Av made by Me!!!
Peter Shechem
No broom

Post by Peter Shechem »

Well, it's a huge list, but here it goes:

~The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
~The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
~The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
~Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
~Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
~Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
~Eragon
~All books about the/take place in the Mediveal Times

Well, it would be longer if I could remember the names of all of those books in Mediveal Times, but you get the idea. I love things like that. My favorite author would be...J.R.R. Tolkien. J.K. Rowling is good, but Tolkein just amazed me with his depth and history in his stories.

~Peter
Be cool, read the Handbook.
Hufflepuff | Third Year
Liarna Quinn
No broom

Post by Liarna Quinn »

I think i've posted here before, i'm not sure - but anyway i have a new favourite book:

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown! I've heard lots of people raving about this, especially in the Gryff CR and it is amazing! Hands down its one of the best books i've ever read - compelling, great twists and just interesting from the beginning, i couldn't put it down!

Liarna Charlotte Quinn | li481| Gryffindor 2nd Year | Insama Den | Lady Marauder

"Life is getting harder day by day,
And i don't know what to do or what to say,
And my mind is growing weak every step i take."
~ McFly
Kathryn Mansfield
No broom

Post by Kathryn Mansfield »

First off, I have to say...Liarna, I love your avatar!! That has been a huge joke in my family for months now...we all have our "Puss-in-boots-faces"! I loved that character! ("That's not mine! I swear!" Ha...the evils of catnip!)

I agree with anyone who mentioned His Dark Materials...they are my favorite books.

The "Wind on Fire" Trilogy is brilliant, and so is the Lost Years of Merlin series. I just read "Eragon" and loved it, and I also love "Lord of the Flies", "The Devil's Arithmetic", and any Shakespeare plays really...

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Kathryn
Friendship really is the strongest magic...music lives within your soul, find it and you shall live too...live each day to the fullest..."Do or do not, there is no try" --Yoda

SEIZE THE DAY!
Saria Lee
No broom

Post by Saria Lee »

Well for one I love HP. Like everyone else on this site. I also like a book called the same stuff as stars. It made me cry. I just loved it.

|Saria Lee | sa518 | Gryffindor | Second Year | Gryffindor Cheerleader|

Sig made by me.
Blake Slatton
No broom

Post by Blake Slatton »

Hmm, as a true Ravenclaw, I love to read. It's so much fun, and your vocabulary expands. YAY! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Anyways, hmm .. my favourite series are:

Harry Potter- This one is obvious, but it's definately my favorite.
Chronicles of Narnia- I'm sorta into them, and trying to get back in.
Lord of the Rings- Got halfway through The Hobbit and couldn't keep up. I'm trying to get into them again.
Series of Unfortunate Events- I love these books, but haven't had time lately to read any more of them.
Alte Sententiam | Pensieve Opinion Staff
Ravenclaw Book Club | Writer's Society

Sig made by Vladimir of Sig 'N 'Av Palace
Fionavar Sky
No broom

Post by Fionavar Sky »

Here are a few of my favourite series (besides Harry Potter):

Dragonriders of Pern
Fionavar Tapestry
Time Quartet
The Dark is Rising
Lord of the Rings
Earthsea Books
Harper-Master Trilogy
To Kill a Mockingbird (not a series, but one of my all-time favourite books)

I have lots more because I love reading so much.
Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tori Dee
No broom

Post by Tori Dee »

my fave books are

-princess diaries series

- confessions of georgia nicholson series

-harry potter series

-gossip girl series
Kaylei Oliver
No broom

Post by Kaylei Oliver »

My favorite books are ...

The Left Behind Series
The Harry Potter Series
The Series of Unfortunate Events
Chicken Soup for the Soul books
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Last edited by Kaylei Oliver on Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evalyn Arasmiss

Post by Evalyn Arasmiss »

I loved Eragon. it was a great book. The ending was a drop-off but I guess it's so you'll buy the next book, which I am expecting to be better than the first. Loved it, I love Arya too. They are making a movie you know. By Fox 2000 I know a lot about it, but you won't finad much on the web, anyhoo. I'm glad that everyone here liked it because I have been at some forum where all they do is argue that book book it too much like lotr, which it is similar, but is that really a bad thing?
Cyd Rush

Post by Cyd Rush »

An annoying girl at my school is OBSESSED with the book, and she talks about it all the time. I've heard so much about it I don't want to read it.
Evalyn Arasmiss

Post by Evalyn Arasmiss »

Daughters of the moon, HP POA, Eragon, and there was another, but I forgot, anything fantasy or horro, oh, cirque du freak aren't bad, same with the series of unfortunate events.

Return to “Book Talk”