New Hunger Games Prequel

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Adaleine Shuster

New Hunger Games Prequel

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

Happy Hunger Games! I just found out that a new prequel to “The Hunger Games” book series is coming out May 19, 2020. It seems like it will take place during the “Dark Days”, the 10th Hunger Games. That’s 64 years before the first Hunger Games book. Do you guys have anything else to add?

Tags:
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Re: New Hunger Games Prequel

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

I just saw an article about it, and they're already preparing to make a movie of it too! I'm actually kind of excited; i understand it's coming on the relative success of the "Harry Potter" prequels, but i think it'll still be cool! I kinda wish it was back at the first hunger games, i would've loved to have read/seen exactly how this came about
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

I agree, it would have been really interesting to see how it had come to be and who the first victor and tributes were. We know why they happened but that’s really it.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I read an article with a quote from Suzanne Collins saying she wants to write the book with the intent of 'the state of nature, who we are, and what we perceive as required for survival.' That makes me think that this is going to be a very existential tone, rather than the largely ethical reflection prompted by the original series. Sort of like a blank canvas and making your own world is what I'm getting from what I've heard. As a lover of all things deeply philosophical and this series in general, I'm super excited to see what she does with it!

Return to “Book Talk”