Has Anybody Read Wilbur Smith?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Aurelia Odyssey
No broom

Post by Aurelia Odyssey » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:18 pm

I'm a huge fan of his books especially his Egyptian series, I found a subject called Egyptology existed because of River God, I'm now in my second year of taking Egyptology and Ancient History as my degree at University, my Grandfather will never forgive him for giving me an obession with Egyptology. I met him in April when he was doing book signings for his new book, The Quest and I have a signed copy.

I haven't read the entire collection, I'm reading Monsoon at the moment which is really good so far. I highly recommend him if you are looking for any books to read.
Penelope Ardith
No broom

Post by Penelope Ardith » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:18 am

Yaaay! I adore River God by Wilbur Smith! My father picked it up one day, he breezed right through it and I borrowed it off him soon after (we both have a fascination with Ancient Egypt!). I don't think I've read the other books, but I want to read Warlock, of his. I have no idea of the order. One of these days I'll get myself to the library and start those up again. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
She's as nutty as squirrel poo.
Zach Goldenfarb
No broom

Post by Zach Goldenfarb » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:27 pm

Sorry, didn't really like that book. It's too complicated.
Gryffindor 2007-2008 for the cup!
You know you want to win.
MAKE AS MANY POINTS AS YOU CAN!
Coryphee Etoile
No broom

Post by Coryphee Etoile » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:57 am

i have never heard of him
Coryphee Etoile ~ Gryffindor First Year
Wand: Bloodwood and Dragon Heartstring 11 3/4 inches
Thanks to Noora Novel for the SigImage

Return to “Book Talk”