What Book Are You Reading?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Simelírië Tindómiel
No broom

Post by Simelírië Tindómiel »

Right now, i'm reading a new series by Nora Roberts and have started rereading The Hobbit.

The list of books to read is ginormous. xD
~*~
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Simelírië Tindómiel ~ si958 ~ First Year ~ Slytherin

Tags:
Mikel Ace
No broom

Post by Mikel Ace »

currently i'm halfway through the cuckoos calling by jk rowling
Alice Dove
No broom

Re: What Book Are You Reading?

Post by Alice Dove »

As of right now I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (got it for free from my subscription to Loot Crate), A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) by George R.R. Martin. They're all so good!
Alessandra Grace
No broom

Post by Alessandra Grace »

I've just finished "Blood of Olympus" by Rick Riordan, the fifth of the Heroes of Olympus series, so I've started re-reading the first, "The lost hero" ^-^
My list of "to read" book is enormous, too: I want to read all the books of "The song of Ice and Fire" from George R. R. Martin, and I've only read 7 of them so far, plus I want to read all the HP books in English (so far I've read till the fourth!) :P
Hear me roar!
Nephele Faunus
No broom

Post by Nephele Faunus »

I've just started reading 'The Good Earth' by Pearl S. Buck and I'm halfway through 'I'll Give You The Sun' by Jandy Nelson !!
Hermione Brontë
No broom

Post by Hermione Brontë »

Currently reading A hat full of sky, by Terry Pratchett! ^_^
Siggy by Fumei Elf <3
Anisia Anom
No broom

Post by Anisia Anom »

I'm actually re-reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone :lol: Not sure what comes after, I have way too many books on the list.
Natasha Martin
No broom

Post by Natasha Martin »

I'm currently reading the The Vampire Diaries, I loved the show so much until Nina left and they killed Elena, I think they should have just changed actresses, personally. I wanted to find out where it came from and so I've started reading them and they're so addictive. :D
Ainsley Royce
No broom

Post by Ainsley Royce »

Anisia, I'm doing that as well! I'm not only re-reading though, I'm highlighting, taking notes and making observations of foreshadowing. J.K. is amazing the way she foreshadowed so much and how many things I've missed or forgotten about! However, for new books that I'm reading, I'm reading some Doctor Who stories and Star Wars stories as well. I start like 10 books at once, which is not the best thing to do, but hey, at least I try to read a lot!! :)
Kia Brushman
No broom

Post by Kia Brushman »

Currently reading "Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater, a thrilling read so far!
Elizabeth Mayes
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Mayes »

I just finished The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin. It was really good and I'm kind of sad I'm now done with the series. At work I'm finishing up The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson. The next book in line is The Dolphins of Pern by Anne McCaffrey and at home I'll be starting The Choice. Not sure who the author is on that one. I kind of like keeping a book at work to read there even if it only means I get to read it for an hour a day, excluding weekends.
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." - Maud Casey

Ascended Warrior Vin by axt234
Lucy Tyler
No broom

Post by Lucy Tyler »

I adore the Shiver series! I think Linger might even be my favourite of the trilogy.

Sadly, I'm not reading anything at the moment, what with end of year exams happening. Once summer holidays start in two weeks, though, I'm definitely going to be getting into the books! My sister got a book as a present (I'm afraid I can't recall the name of it right now) and I'm planning on reading that one. As far as I recall, she said it was about a plane crash and the people who survive the crash finding out that the world they took off from doesn't seem to be quite the same one they've crashed in.
Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Post by Lavinia Rookwood »

*kicks the thread back into gear for the new school year*

So I've started (well I had about a week ago, but I'm getting back to it) The Witcher. I'm not 100% in love with it, bu I'm not that far into it. Most interesting thing about it is the different folklore then what I'm used to. The writer is from Poland, so even though I'm reading an English translation, the creatures referenced are a little bit different from what I grew up with (Irish folklore mainly). And I've seen some videos from the game, so I was intrigued. Still am, might actually read a few chapters tonight.
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I'm currently reading Shadow Magic by Joshua Khan. I recently had the opportunity to listen to him speak, and he mentioned that his book challenges the notions of good vs evil and that the story was inspired by a person who I greatly admire.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I just finished Secrets in Death by JD Robb. I'd been waiting for it for MONTHS. It came out September 5th and I purchased it that afternoon and started reading. I read whenever I could and then yesterday afternoon and evening continued reading. Finished it!

Of course I didn't get anything else done but the mandatory feeding of the Kelpie (who stuck her face between me and the book). Oh, what a good book and a very good series. Everything which matters is there in the In Death books -- and the story continues. This particular story is #45 of the main books.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Robin Blackwood

Post by Robin Blackwood »

I have just ended reading Lo scudo di Talos; from Valerio Massimo Manfredi. It is history book about Sparta and greek slaves. I was enjoying reading it every minute and I was kind of sad when it ended. Now I am planning to continue with Sabriel for this months book at HOL.
Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Post by Hannah R Thomas »

I'm in a Beauty and the Beast mode, so a I'm currently on As Old as Time (A Twisted Tale) by Liz Braswell and then the actual Beauty and the Beast fairy tale by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villenueve :)
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I am currently reading Sabriel by Garth Nix. I am halfway through it and I really enjoy the story telling of itand how the author blends these two realms that are polar opposites into almost one.After finishing this I will probably move on to the other books. Also I need/want to read the inkheart series.
Image RQT 2017/18
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Well, I am currently re-reading "The Order of the Phoenix" and not because of this site. .... but it's been my tradition to read them starting in summer and reading them a""Bit by Bit" before I go to bed..... "It Calms me"!, and allows my brain to relax and stop thinking about the days stresses..... So... I read what comforts me and then I can sleep....
And NO!!! I'm not mental or 12 yrs old.... I truly feel comfort in the series.... sometimes I read the "Hunger Games" or the DaVinci Code series or the Twilight series...... just depends ...
Well that's what I'm currently reading.... hahaha :ph34r:
Elizabeth Mayes
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Mayes »

I'm currently re-reading Order of the Phoenix too! I do the same where about once a year I end up re-reading Harry Potter. I always take my time and read other books at the same time. Right now I've been keeping Order of the Phoenix at work as, interestingly, I actually seem to have more time to read there then at home, although I've been super busy at work all month so far. Maybe next month will slow back down again, haha! I don't think it's weird at all that you find comfort and re-reading your favorite books. Reading has always helped me relax.
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." - Maud Casey

Ascended Warrior Vin by axt234

Return to “Book Talk”