What Book Are You Reading?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Mairead Falcourt
No broom

Post by Mairead Falcourt »

No May I haven't read either. My mom is getting me P&P since I loved the movie. I may read WtRFG next year though. My mom read the adult Left Behind series and loved them. She was given that as a recommendation at church.
Doctor Who makes the world go round.
Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it!

Tags:
Krystal Jester
No broom

Post by Krystal Jester »

I have just started The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. I wanted to read the books before the first movie comes out this December.
So take your time look round and see the most in time is where you're meant to be.....
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

I'm reading several books....
The Watcher's Guide Pt. 2.
And Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Crossings.
And The Boleyn Inheritence.
And I really oughta start my AP 4 reading. Which begins with Les Miserables.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Mairead Falcourt
No broom

Post by Mairead Falcourt »

Volume 1, of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries and Memories. It has 35 diffrent mysteries in it. My mom thinks I'm insane.

Emma by Jane Austen.
Doctor Who makes the world go round.
Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it!
Keety Rhea
No broom

Post by Keety Rhea »

Mairead Falcourt wrote:QUOTE (Mairead Falcourt @ Jun 5 2007, 12:22 PM) Emma by Jane Austen.
Emma is a great book. Only read it once. I am reading Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown. After this one I will be reading my Julia Quinn series (which is all romance novels)
Credit to: Jenna Hathaway from Ravenclaw

Reserve Ravenclaw Prefect!! Zoki Phatom's HOL Mommy! Eno calls me Katie!

ke400-Fifth Year
Prof. Nina Messersmith
No broom

Post by Prof. Nina Messersmith »

I'm actually re-reading Harry Potter and the half blood prince , so i'll be ready for the new Hp book in July!
Scarlett Gabryella
No broom

Post by Scarlett Gabryella »

Due to his recent visit, i decided to begin reading the dalai Lama's book
The Art Of Happiness

Very uplifting and intersting.
A Great read so far /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
"In Dreams, We enter a world that is entirely our own."
Keety Rhea
No broom

Post by Keety Rhea »

I am now currently reading (with much help with a modern translation glossary) "The Canterbury Tales" by Chaucer in middle english. Reading the Miller's Tale right now. Hopefully will be finished, by noon. Hopefully...middle english is hard....for example

wood=mad never knew that /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
Credit to: Jenna Hathaway from Ravenclaw

Reserve Ravenclaw Prefect!! Zoki Phatom's HOL Mommy! Eno calls me Katie!

ke400-Fifth Year
Nocturna Grenemearh
No broom

Post by Nocturna Grenemearh »

I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today. I'm also reading Tolkien's The Book of Lost Tales, Part I and Breaking and Riding by James Fillis.
11" Willow and Oak with Granian Hair and Hippocampus Hair core
Tara Aurelium
Oakshaft 79

Post by Tara Aurelium »

mm. Also re-reading HBP (as of last night xD) and as soon as I'm finished I'n starting the Subtle Knifa, which is the second book in the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman. :B <3
5th year | RQT co-captain | the botmaster
Amelie Saphire
No broom

Post by Amelie Saphire »

I'm currently reading This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen and I just finished Dreamland by the author. It was an amazing book, almost real, in my opinion.
From the Rain or Shine Gang:
We Escape The Rain With Escape The Fate
Warped Tour Lucky 13th: July 8, 2007 Denver, Colorado
April Marsters

Post by April Marsters »

I'm reading Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All American Meal by Eric Schlosser and Lucky by Anne Sebold.
Last edited by April Marsters on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pandora Kirkus
No broom

Post by Pandora Kirkus »

I'm reading The Church of Liberalism: Godless by Ann Coulter (she's my IDOL! I have all her books.. lol /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />), The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, the second book in the Princess Ai manga series by DJ Milky, Courtney Love, and Misaho Kujiradou; and the second book in the Vampire Knight series by Matsuri Hino.

hehe I read a lot /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

1st year | Ravenclaw | 14" Teak with a Vampire Fang core | pa818
Animagus: Wolf
Patronus: Dragon
Keira Ashworth
No broom

Post by Keira Ashworth »

I've just finished OotP and starting HPB to be ready for DH! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Then, I believe I'll start with Qumrán by Eliette Abécassis...a book which has been waiting to be read for too long...
Alissa Kirby
No broom

Post by Alissa Kirby »

I'm reading something called, "Keys to the Kingdom: Mister Monday". I would be re-reading the HP books, but there all at my mom's house. Mom wouldn't let me bring any of them here. ;-;
Falay Marker
No broom

Post by Falay Marker »

Re-reading Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling), re-reading Sabriel (Garth Nix), and reading Acorna's People (Anne McCafferey co-authored with someone I can't remember.)
Marcella Warrick
No broom

Post by Marcella Warrick »

I think I should probably re-read HBP, but I don't know if I will finish in time for it to come out. I'm also reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck for my summer reading in English class. Oh, and I am also re-reading the Clique series by Lisi Harrison. I'm going to try out for the movie, so I figured it would be a good idea to re-familiarize myself with the books =]
|| Hufflepuff || First Year || ma962 ||
Kari Matthews
No broom

Post by Kari Matthews »

I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray right now.. and afterwards I think I'm going to reread all the Harry Potter books before the new school year starts! :] It's been a while since I've read the first four.
Kari | ka915 | Ravenclaw
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
Helena Rosenblum
No broom

Post by Helena Rosenblum »

I'm reading Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk :3
Second year || Ravenclaw || Crochet junkie
Vivica Underhill
No broom

Post by Vivica Underhill »

Helena Rosenblum wrote:QUOTE (Helena Rosenblum @ Aug 1 2007, 09:22 PM) I'm reading Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk :3
I'm actually a little over halfway through that one right now. It's my 3rd Palahniuk and to be honest, he's getting way annoying. I can't stomach the rest of the book. :/

As for me, I'm reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

Return to “Book Talk”