What's Your Favorite Type Of Book?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Lani Pockerveil
No broom

Post by Lani Pockerveil » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:00 am

Hi, I'm Lani..and I was just wondering what type of books do you all like. I personally like suspenseful books. They keep me thinking. HEY YOU!! *points to person in the back of the forum* You look suspicious!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> And for the people who aren't sure what their favorite is how about you list your favorite book from each category.

{Ravenclaw}---Lani Pockerveil::la509---
---I love muffins--- {1st year}
Winnifred Seas
No broom

Post by Winnifred Seas » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:48 pm

I love fansty books! Most school books are boring because they're not fansty.
Gryffindor, Second Year
Yay, for David Bowie!!!
Very Random......
Catriona Watson
Oakshaft 79

Post by Catriona Watson » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:31 pm

I love to read romance books by Danielle Steel, Catherine Coulter, Judith McNaught and Sandra Brown. I also love to read suspense, fiction, and horror. Other authors include Sidney Sheldon and Patricia Cornwell. I do enjoy reading very much and find time for it. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Lyza Zhen Haliwell
No broom

Post by Lyza Zhen Haliwell » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:52 am

I've always wanted fictions and romance but i love Science fiction more. It makes me think. I love to think.
|7 1/2" Mahogany w/ Unicorn Hair|GRYFFINDOR|3rd yr|
|PPC|Proud Rabbleteer|MuggleBorn|

siggy by Ceri McHawk
Ron Lupin
No broom

Post by Ron Lupin » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:59 pm

I really love all kinds of books. I'd have to say I really like fantasy, action, suspense, science fiction, and mystery. Since I can only choose one, I will choose fantasy.
Gryffindor First Year ro810 11 inches from a hemlock tree with a hippogriff talon core

Harry Potter, it's what we live for for!!!
Alice Averi
No broom

Post by Alice Averi » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:08 pm

I'd have to say that it's a tie between fantasy and romance. Although, when they come togehter in a book (like most of the ones I own) it's better. I like fantasy because I like reading books that are about places and tings that could never happen in reality. That's one reason I hate reading nonfiction and historical fiction, because all those things can or have actually happened and it bores me. I'm also a huge sap for romance. Not the cheesy romance novels, but some kind of love connection that really motivates and drives characters, gives them a reason to fight, you know? But anyways, I'll read almost anything, but those are my preferences.
Camille Ritter
No broom

Post by Camille Ritter » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:01 pm

I like realistic fiction. I've read a TON of books where things didn't actually happen, but could. Maybe I just define this section wrong, but I think of realistic fiction as a book where the majority of elements in the book are elements that are real. Otherwise, some smaller bits mixed in, like a little bit of fantasy and romance could still make up a realistic fiction book.
Hence why I like books like Twilight, A Great and Terrible Beauty, Gossip Girls, Midnighters, Dangerous Girls, and books by Sarah Dessen.

Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am, than most of these would probably classify as fantasy.
Morag McQueen
No broom

Post by Morag McQueen » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:36 pm

I don't really have a favourite Genre, but I certainly have favourite books from various Genres, so I'll just list those instead... /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Suspense:
Miss Marple books (Agatha Christie)
The No1 Ladies Detective Agency, Series (Alexander McCall-Smith)
The Sunday Philosophy Club, Series (Alexander McCall-Smith)

Fantasy:
the HP books (youknowwho /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )
the Inheritance series (Christopher Paolini)
LOtR (J.R.R. Tolkien)

ChickLit:
The Ivy Chronicles (Karen Quinn)
The Undomestic Goddess (Sophie Kinsella)

Drama:
A Midsummer Night's Dream (William Shakespeare)
Much Ado about Nothing (William Shakespeare)
End Game (Samuel Beckett)
Waiting for Godot (Samuel Beckett)
Blythe Spirit (Noel Coward)

and many more books, eg Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul, etc
Many Thanks to the wonderful Efie from SparkleissaInk for both Signature and Avatar.
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:53 pm

I like Suspense, Romance, Sci-fi, Mystery, Action, Adventure, Realistic Fiction... almost everything, even non-fiction...sort of. But the one type of book I love to read the most is Fantasy! I love to dream about fantasies and to just think about what it would be like to be in this place or that place or wherever. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Hazel Kaprano | Ravenclaw
Emily Aca
No broom

Post by Emily Aca » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:21 am

I absolutely love fantasy books. Of course, Harry Potter. Dragon type books and Pirate books. I have read The Wave Walkers, Pirate Curse. The Warrior Heir, I am currently reading. Some of the books that I will read are Troy, The Devil Wears Prada, The Water Mirror and others!!!
Shoot for the moon, but REACH for the stars.

Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.

When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.

MUSIC&MOVIE LOVER... you've been warned!
Cliodna Bladvak
No broom

Post by Cliodna Bladvak » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:38 am

I love fantasy book, of course. I could felt, I joined in the story. Fantasy books can increasing our imagination, isn't it?
I'm angel of love, sometimes people call me CUPID
But 'cause often make a wrong, they call me a STUPID angel
Prof. Iruel Riddle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Iruel Riddle » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:14 pm

I love present day fantasy, and depending on the author, Science Fiction. I'm not saying I don't like regular fantasy, though. I like that, too. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />. I just prefer the mix of reality and fantasy that present day fantasy offers. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
I also like the occasional comedy, but there's not too many actual comedy books I like.
Last edited by Prof. Iruel Riddle on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Iruel Riddle|pr_rid|Slytherin

"You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And, each in your season returns and returns, and is always the same.."
-Javert, Stars, Les Miserables
Cassey Duareiiy
No broom

Post by Cassey Duareiiy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:46 am

i like fantasy & suspense
fantasy: HP, Eragon+Eldest
suspense: Sherlock Holmes
Spell it!! My name is --K-see*Jyuu-a-Re-- \(^o^)/ !!
BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE
Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Post by Lenore Spiaggi » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:36 pm

I hated having to choose for that poll. I went for fantasy, but I do like horror, historical fiction (including historical romance), sci-fi and nonfiction as well.
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."
Tha Werkheiser
No broom

Post by Tha Werkheiser » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:19 pm

I like Fantasy, Comedy, and Realistic Fiction.
Mysty Fogg
No broom

Post by Mysty Fogg » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:43 am

Definitely romance. I do like mysteries and some sf/fantasy. Really, it depends on the mood.

"I'm a witch"
Emilor MacKinnon
No broom

Post by Emilor MacKinnon » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:11 pm

I picked "other" just because I like all the genres mentioned! I mean, any tale, well told, is worth the time to read, right? I love a good story, fact, fable or fiction, and even some of the ones that are just weird!
Delia van Loenen
No broom

Post by Delia van Loenen » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:46 am

I love all types of books, but especialy realistic fiction. It more often gives you the idea that you are watching the story happen.
Alianne Rutherford
No broom

Post by Alianne Rutherford » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:11 am

I admit that I'm a sucker for fantasy and romance, even better when they're together. =P But when you look at the poll results, is it really a surprise that fantasy is the most loved when we're at a HP forum? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:07 am

Okay, I like too many. Romance are good... action/science fiction is good (if it's Buffy). Fantasy are good as a general rule. Right now I'm pretty much enjoying stories set in Paris way-back-when, or any and every book written about some member of the Tudor family of England. THOSE are what I enjoy reading most.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride

Return to “Book Talk”