Who Wants To Be An Author?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Sycyla Rose
No broom

Post by Sycyla Rose » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:50 am

I'm getting somewhere I think. I've written bits and pieces of stories and I'd like to eventually have them finished and published.
Luxian Denorak
No broom

Post by Luxian Denorak » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:36 am

I absolutely love writing! Well, scratch that, I actually love being creative, the writing part is where I seem to fall behind in. I have several plots and ideas that constantly race through my head. Each day lends an experience or a fleeting thought or idea which some how incorporates itself into the mess of mutant story that lurks in my mind. Occasionally I'll get an urge to write and put down words in the form of a small story that usually gets posted onto a LiveJournal or blog or even the archived word files of my hard drive. Most of the people that have had the chance of reading them have expressed that I give amazing detail and would love to read more of my work, but my largest and most annoying problem is that I never can force myself to sit down and write, or find a place for the story to begin. If anyone is interested in reading the few, small bits I have invested time into, feel free to PM me and I can direct you to them.
Meara OBannon
No broom

Post by Meara OBannon » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:27 am

Well I don't know if I had the patience to write a novel, but I do have an idea for either a screenplay or a possible TV pilot. I have to hash out the storyline a little more though. I have bits and pieces from here and there but, well, coherency is not one of its strengths right now.
"Every burned book enlightens the world." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Stella Noge
No broom

Post by Stella Noge » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:36 pm

I've always had small little short story ideas, but I had never really wanted to become a writer. Probably because I feel like when I am trying to write a book, or even a good little story for that matter, it always sounds weird and awkward.

I do like to write essays though, and my teachers seem to think that I have a talent for essays. I got an A on my thesis last year. =P

On another note, I do know one girl who is getting a book published - she has a few different editors looking at her book and wanting to publish it... and she already has about 20 poems published in various books. That must be cool. My friend is also writing a book, and although it is in the very beginning of the writing process and very jumbled up (she writes different parts of the story, like, she wrote the middle and then the beginning). Its doing very well and I hope to read it published someday.
|Stella Noge|st815|Ravnclaw|1st Year|Pet: Cloudy, a Grey Cat|
Prof. Audiaa Martin
No broom

Post by Prof. Audiaa Martin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:07 pm

I really enjoy writing and I do write, so I guess that makes me an author. However, I don't think that I will ever be an author for a living. Most of the things I write could never be published because they are Fan Fiction (based on the works of another author). I have written two novels for National Novel Writing Month, but since those were written really quickly, they're not great. I like learning more about writing and improving my writing, and teaching writing workshops. But for now at least, writing is "just" a hobby for me.
~~Accio Brains!~~
HOL Pen Pal Club | Writing Workshop
Olivia Charm
Oakshaft 79

Post by Olivia Charm » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:26 pm

i would like to be a poet, i guess.
is this count? (:
Giroro, Gilbert & Glimfeather - love forever!
Malacai Micheals
No broom

Post by Malacai Micheals » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:49 am

The written word is a passion of mine. With the stroke of a pen or key,whole worlds spring to life. deepest fantasies and darkess fears become real. Only the imagination of the pens master holds these worlds at bay and it is into these lands where i do play.
Malacai Micheals
First Year Gryffindor
India Jolly
No broom

Post by India Jolly » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:54 am

I would love to be an author - in fact that would probably be my ideal job because I would get to be by myself all day and just think. I hate having to go into an office and listen to my boss.
I used to be a journalist, so Idon't think I'm that bad at writing but I think I'm a bit self-indulgent. I write for me rather than my potential readers. But who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to rein myself in and write something worth publishing.
"Would you like me to do it now?" asked Snape, his voice heavy with irony. "Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?"
Winnifred Seas
No broom

Post by Winnifred Seas » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:19 pm

I like to write a long as i have a good topic to write about, which is hard for me cause i have a hard time coming up with stuff. I wouldn't mind being a writer. for my video productions class i wrote a vampire story that is now a short drama, I'm happy bacause its being sent to a film Festival!
/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Gryffindor, Second Year
Yay, for David Bowie!!!
Very Random......
Jenny Willsburry

Post by Jenny Willsburry » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:16 am

That's funny, actually, because our school is doing Young Authers right now, and I'm entering a story! I decided on fiction, that's fun. My story is about talking food. Jell-O is the main character, and in the end, a human girl named Amy eats him, and he ends up in her stomach, and gets chased around by the stomach acids! Odd, yes, fun, YES! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Ruby Rockbell
No broom

Post by Ruby Rockbell » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:30 pm

I would love to be an author. The only problem is I start several stories, but I never end up finifshing them. I write both original fiction and fanfiction. I've started over twenty stories and have only finished one.
Jiyana Gydon
No broom

Post by Jiyana Gydon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:04 am

I am actually in the process of becoming published, I'm 15 and I wrote my book and edited it in the span of two years. I've worked with an agent and have publishers interested in me and so I hope to be published very soon!
Kalista Birkston
No broom

Post by Kalista Birkston » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:39 am

i have many stories! but... they only work well inside my head /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
Go Go Gryffindor!
Shoot Shoot Slytherin!
Rah Rah Ravenclaw!
He He Hufflepuff?
d(^_^);;
Annastasia Bee
No broom

Post by Annastasia Bee » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:28 am

I have a book which has been publised and on general releaise t the ed of this month.
Sig and Avi made by little old me.Audere est facere - To dare is to do.
Coryphee Etoile
No broom

Post by Coryphee Etoile » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:46 am

I do too.

I am currently work on a novel about two girls who go on an adventure to find....well I can't say.....but It is coming really good. I would love to publish it.
Coryphee Etoile ~ Gryffindor First Year
Wand: Bloodwood and Dragon Heartstring 11 3/4 inches
Thanks to Noora Novel for the SigImage
Amanda Patel
No broom

Post by Amanda Patel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:35 am

When I was young I wanted to be an author. But since then I have changed my mind, and my goal on what I want to do on life, though I still write in my spare time. Currently I'm working on, well...lots of stories, because I can never seem to keep focused on one (and they're all about vampires within this tidy little dystopia world I made up). And I do write a lot of fanfiction (and when I mean a lot, I mean a lot; I have a list of what to write), but I don't really want to be an author. Though having a book of yours published would be rather nice /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.
Last edited by Amanda Patel on Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otis B. Driftwood: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.
Fiorello: You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Claus!
-A Night at the Opera
Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Post by Marguerite Davenport » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:32 am

I want to be an author. Lets fix that I'm going to be an Author. I personally have 5 novels I'm working on right now. Only one I'm really into finishing with in the next year. And several short stories. I hope to finish the collection soon. Then send them out. See what happens.
Proud Member of the Sneer Squad & President of the Order of the Blanket
Proud D. A. MEMBER
Fifth-Year Slytherin Pure Blood

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.

Return to “Book Talk”