How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Entertainment Mods

Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Re: How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

I have not been doing that great with reading for a while now but I am hoping to change that this year. I have set a goal for myself to read 50 but I am in a couple reading challenges this year so I hope to exceed that goal. Happy reading everyone!

:)

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Tags:
Emanuel Hines
No broom

Post by Emanuel Hines »

Interesting question; once I was reading a least one (300 pages or more) book per week. But now because I am too busy, I read only rarely and one book per month. Don´t worry, I promised to be better at reading and to get till one book per two weeks.
Chalephy Wander
No broom

Post by Chalephy Wander »

I am not sure how many books I read per year, but read read 5 books a week! ^_^
Adanys Mond'wil
No broom

Post by Adanys Mond'wil »

Last year I read 28 books and my goal had been 20!

This year I set the goal at 30 and I'm hoping to surpass this one as well :D
Chalephy Wander wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:04 am I am not sure how many books I read per year, but read read 5 books a week! ^_^
Also, wow! That's impressive!! /fistbump
Kendra Givens
Moontrimmer

Post by Kendra Givens »

I've tried to make it a goal recently to read more, because I got SUPER lazy with it. Honestly, the only thing I've accomplished this year so far is re-reading most of the Harry Potter series (second time through). I just started Book 7 again. I have a million screenshots on my phone of books I want to read. I should pick number for a goal this year. I often feel so much like I need to be doing something productive that I feel guilty sitting and reading for any length of time, but my mentality is shifting to realize that books are a productive excuse for me to get off of my computer.

Who wants to pick a number goal for the next 6 months of my life? ;)
Emily Spencer
Moontrimmer

Post by Emily Spencer »

I love reading so I'll usually read between 25-30 books per year, give or take.
I do it because I can. I do it because I want to. I do it because you said I couldn't.
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

How many books I read a year ? Hmmm... I read loads of books and I can't tell a definite amount. I read any book that gets in my hand, small baby books to really thick books. But generally every week I read nine to ten books. ^_^
Velvetina Belle
No broom

Post by Velvetina Belle »

I consider myself very lucky. I read very quickly and use Goodreads to try and track how much I achieve each year. I tend to manage between 100 - 125 books - though these are all of varying length I will admit. As a teacher I end up doing quite of lot of reading children's books.
Aurelia Grayson
No broom

Post by Aurelia Grayson »

At present I am averaging around 2 books leisurely a month when things are running normally on top of listening to some kind of audio-book or podcast whilst I am out and about getting things done and reading a chapter of a university book each week as well but at the present time this month [March 2020] I have completed 5 books reading wise and listened to a further three.
Audrey Nagid
No broom

Post by Audrey Nagid »

I'd say I read between 20- 30 books a year.
Daffodil Harbourshire
No broom

Post by Daffodil Harbourshire »

I aim for around 100 books a year!
February Fortescue
Silver Arrow

Post by February Fortescue »

My every year goal is 30, and my chances of actually making that depend on what I pick up. If it's a novel, it may take me a month. If it's true crime, or a "how-to, or psychology, or about dogs or animals, I can finish a book in a week.
av and sig by the amazing Fumei Spookie
Aphrodite Lily James
No broom

Post by Aphrodite Lily James »

I myself is a reader. I probably read 150 books per year. That includes wattpad books :lol:
Beatrix Moonlight
No broom

Post by Beatrix Moonlight »

You guys are my heroes. I am attempting to read as much as I can now that I am out of college and have some free time. However, I am not able to hit 2-3 books a week like some folks here do :lol: Guys, share your secret! I am reading/listening to about 5-6 books a year. I do need to step up my game.
Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep Two

Post by Maxim Trevelyan »

Oh, I have to admit that lately, I have been so bad at reading books. Usually, I read 100 per year, but lately, not sure if I even read 20.

This year I had some more time due to everything, so I think I should be around 40. A lot of them are rereads of my favorite books, but who can resist their favorites. :wub:
Veronica Wesley
No broom

Post by Veronica Wesley »

Let's just say I read a LOT of books, but as I get older, I read fewer books every year as the books get longer and deeper.
Emrys Rune
No broom

Post by Emrys Rune »

I usually read maybe one or two books a year, which sounds like barely anything, and maybe it is, but I don't read very fast, so if I can get one or two books read in a year, I'll be a happy camper.

Return to “Book Talk”