How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Moony Lupin
No broom

Re: How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Post by Moony Lupin »

Isabella Astiar wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:57 am As I am preparing for the SATs, I have found out that statistics show that high scorers read at least 14 hours per week (of course, this counts menus, magazines, internet, etc.)

I am wondering exactly how many books my fellow HOLers read in a year - to figure out if I should go out and read some more, or tell my mom that the people on the internet said that I read just as much as everyone else. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
I read 75 books last year! It was mostly because there was a time I did nothing else than reading, but sometimes I read about 6 books a week, sometimes 3 a month, it kinda depends on if I want to read.

Tags:
Bella Pope
No broom

Post by Bella Pope »

I feel like I read 5 Books per week I’m a SUPER fast reader
Hazel Fowler
No broom

Post by Hazel Fowler »

Honestly, I am constantly reading a book and I majority of the books I read are about five-hundred pages long. I like that though because then you can enjoy it for longer. You know when you're reading a good book because you will be able to picture the scene in your head. Last year I read about thirty-two books which were mostly 300-500 pages long. :D
Katerina Katz
No broom

Post by Katerina Katz »

Well it depends!

Recently it has been moving close to 40 books a year, which I have been really proud of keeping those numbers up. There are some moments where I don't read a single thing for an entire month so I am then stuck with having to catch up on each book that I may or may not have started.

When I do get out of whatever reading slump I am in, I read a lot and quickly which then brings me back into my reading slump. 😅
Katerina Katz <3
Gracelyn Baker
No broom

Post by Gracelyn Baker »

I literally read so much lol. I read two 300 page books yesterday in about 3 ish hours, so I guess I really read a lot.
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Smith »

Last year, I read about 10 books, it's quite less than the amount. That I normally read. I suppose it usually depends on how busy the year is. Last year was probably a very busy year for me, so I wasn't able to read a lot. However, on average, I would say I read about 50 books more or less in a year.
Luna Hera
No broom

Post by Luna Hera »

I love to read and I just got back int reading actually. The series that got me back into reading was A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. That series was so amazing and I'm actually in the middle of the most recent book in the series which is amazing! If you haven't read it you need to! Also, this new book that came out called Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros is literally so good. I just finished it and I can't wait for the next book to come out in November. It 100% should be on your tbr list if it isn't. If you love fantasy and dragons that books for you! I have read about 30 books already this year since I've gotten back into it. Which is wild to think about.
Alison Karbach
No broom

Post by Alison Karbach »

It depends on the year and a little it depends what the definition of book is!

Last year, I read 75 books + 50 fanfics. This year, the goal is 100 books + 50 fanfics! I'm a little behind my goal this year but I've been enjoying the books I've read!
Audum Marie
No broom

Post by Audum Marie »

As much as I'd love to be one of those people who read 100's of books, unfortunately I read slow and lose interest fast, so ill fall into a slump. which can last for a whole month if not more at a time. WHICH IS SO SAD!! I've really been trying to pick up the pase this year though. it's just I don't feel like I achieved anything if I don't read the entire book even if I don't enjoy it. so realistically about 20.
Violet Constance
No broom

Post by Violet Constance »

My goal for this year is 40 but I hope to do more. I prefer to read longer, convoluted novels so its not always so easy for me to smash through them quickly.
Ava Leister
No broom

Post by Ava Leister »

Well, in my case, it depends. On summer I read tons of books! Maybe about 20-30 books as I am very bored in summer and I don't know what to do.
During school I don't read a lot as I don't have a lot of time. But on weekends I try to read 1-2 books.
I love reading! c:
Sybille Blackthorn
No broom

Post by Sybille Blackthorn »

I used to read a ton of books before getting my first job in a bookshop.
Now I "only" read between 35 to 40 books per year, which is not a lot considered to what I used to read, but i'm trying to slowly go up every year. ^_^
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I use to read one every week to one every month. these days I am lucky if I get to complete one every four to six months. Mostly too busy and spend my off times with hubby. Would be nice to get those numbers up again. I love reading and it's a shame to know I read full books far less than I would like to.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Beka Piccari
No broom

Post by Beka Piccari »

Per year, I usually read around 50 books, it all depends on my motivation and how it captivates me whatever I'm reading.

Another thing is that where I am from it is very hard to find the books that I am interested in so most of the time I have search them online, something that I don't like very much since I prefer reading a book phisically, but it's most likely that the numbers of books I read per year would go up if I can find the books of my liking, in the language I much prefer and at a good price.
Sedona Skye
No broom

Post by Sedona Skye »

I always attempt to read 25 books a year but most of the time I end up only reading 10-15 books. However, this year I'm on a roll and I have already read 14 so I have a good feeling I am going to be closer to goal this year!
Nova Wheeler
No broom

Post by Nova Wheeler »

I love reading! I'm pretty busy right now, but I normally read 4 plus books a week. Right now I probably read 1 or 2 books per week, but since I'm in school I also read a lot through that.
Scarlet Robloutain
No broom

Post by Scarlet Robloutain »

I used to read like 6-8 books a month, but then at the start of this year it was like one every 2 months... I'm getting back into it again though, so I can proudly say I read about 4/5 books a month again.
pedes in terra ad sidera visus
Aletheia Aves
No broom

Post by Aletheia Aves »

I try to read at least 20 books a year, including the books that I have to read for school.
Artemisia Thorne
No broom

Post by Artemisia Thorne »

If we're talking books over 200 pages I'd say about 400 in a good year, 300 when I'm studying. I usually read 1-2 book a day when I'm able to.
Zoe Yearwood
No broom

Post by Zoe Yearwood »

I love reading, though the amount of books I read definitely changes from time to time depending on how busy I am and whether I've gone to the library recently etc.
This year my goal was to read 50 books and I've read 55 currently which I'm really happy about.
This is the first time I've kept track of the amount of books I read per year but if I had to guess probably somewhere between 60 and 70?

Return to “Book Talk”