How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Re: How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

I have not been doing that great with reading for a while now but I am hoping to change that this year. I have set a goal for myself to read 50 but I am in a couple reading challenges this year so I hope to exceed that goal. Happy reading everyone!

:)

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Tags:
Emanuel Hines
No broom

Post by Emanuel Hines »

Interesting question; once I was reading a least one (300 pages or more) book per week. But now because I am too busy, I read only rarely and one book per month. Don´t worry, I promised to be better at reading and to get till one book per two weeks.
Chalephy Wander
No broom

Post by Chalephy Wander »

I am not sure how many books I read per year, but read read 5 books a week! ^_^
Adanys Mond'wil
No broom

Post by Adanys Mond'wil »

Last year I read 28 books and my goal had been 20!

This year I set the goal at 30 and I'm hoping to surpass this one as well :D
Chalephy Wander wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:04 am I am not sure how many books I read per year, but read read 5 books a week! ^_^
Also, wow! That's impressive!! /fistbump
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I've tried to make it a goal recently to read more, because I got SUPER lazy with it. Honestly, the only thing I've accomplished this year so far is re-reading most of the Harry Potter series (second time through). I just started Book 7 again. I have a million screenshots on my phone of books I want to read. I should pick number for a goal this year. I often feel so much like I need to be doing something productive that I feel guilty sitting and reading for any length of time, but my mentality is shifting to realize that books are a productive excuse for me to get off of my computer.

Who wants to pick a number goal for the next 6 months of my life? ;)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

I love reading so I'll usually read between 25-30 books per year, give or take.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

How many books I read a year ? Hmmm... I read loads of books and I can't tell a definite amount. I read any book that gets in my hand, small baby books to really thick books. But generally every week I read nine to ten books. ^_^
Velvetina Belle
No broom

Post by Velvetina Belle »

I consider myself very lucky. I read very quickly and use Goodreads to try and track how much I achieve each year. I tend to manage between 100 - 125 books - though these are all of varying length I will admit. As a teacher I end up doing quite of lot of reading children's books.
Aurelia Grayson
No broom

Post by Aurelia Grayson »

At present I am averaging around 2 books leisurely a month when things are running normally on top of listening to some kind of audio-book or podcast whilst I am out and about getting things done and reading a chapter of a university book each week as well but at the present time this month [March 2020] I have completed 5 books reading wise and listened to a further three.
Audrey Nagid
No broom

Post by Audrey Nagid »

I'd say I read between 20- 30 books a year.
Daffodil Harbourshire
No broom

Post by Daffodil Harbourshire »

I aim for around 100 books a year!
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

My every year goal is 30, and my chances of actually making that depend on what I pick up. If it's a novel, it may take me a month. If it's true crime, or a "how-to, or psychology, or about dogs or animals, I can finish a book in a week.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Aphrodite Lily James
No broom

Post by Aphrodite Lily James »

I myself is a reader. I probably read 150 books per year. That includes wattpad books :lol:
Beatrix Moonlight
No broom

Post by Beatrix Moonlight »

You guys are my heroes. I am attempting to read as much as I can now that I am out of college and have some free time. However, I am not able to hit 2-3 books a week like some folks here do :lol: Guys, share your secret! I am reading/listening to about 5-6 books a year. I do need to step up my game.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Oh, I have to admit that lately, I have been so bad at reading books. Usually, I read 100 per year, but lately, not sure if I even read 20.

This year I had some more time due to everything, so I think I should be around 40. A lot of them are rereads of my favorite books, but who can resist their favorites. :wub:
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Veronica Wesley
No broom

Post by Veronica Wesley »

Let's just say I read a LOT of books, but as I get older, I read fewer books every year as the books get longer and deeper.
Emrys Rune
No broom

Post by Emrys Rune »

I usually read maybe one or two books a year, which sounds like barely anything, and maybe it is, but I don't read very fast, so if I can get one or two books read in a year, I'll be a happy camper.
Rose Pottermore
No broom

Post by Rose Pottermore »

I have a goal of reading 100 books per year, and I have a record of 137 books in the last year, 2019. I have been keeping this strike since 2015, when I was younger. Book lover, you see! ^_^
Karena Ward
No broom

Post by Karena Ward »

I'm not exactly sure how many I read in a year, but I do try to read a book a week, but since I've started college, it's been hard to keep that groove going.
Karena Ward
Samanta Grey
No broom

Post by Samanta Grey »

It's hard to say, but I read approximately 20-40 physical books per year, then maybe throw around 20 ebooks in there too. Ironically I've found that I've had less time to read in lockdown as opposed to last year when everything was still more or less normal.

Return to “Book Talk”