Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Amy Vision
No broom

Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Post by Amy Vision »

It is close beetween the Star Wars Jedi Apprentice books and the Harry Potter books! But in the end, I would decide the Star Wars books. You can't beat a little acyion with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Except that all ended thanks to Episode I /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> But let's not get into that. What are your favorites? Please post and let us know why you like those books!

Peace* Amy
I made this sig myself. feel free to PM me
if you would like me to make you one.

|Amy James Vision|Keeper of the Secrets|
|Chocolate Freak|Snape Hater|Harry Potter Lover|

Tags:
Artemis Jill Tipple
No broom

Post by Artemis Jill Tipple »

Harry Potter..duh..lol! Haven't read star wars books...not that interested with sci-fi ones. oh yeah...why isn't Artemis Fowl included?? anyway...I love reading them too. Chronicles of Narnia is one of my all-time faves...been reading it since i was a kid...[eventhough it was hard to understand them at first]
Elandra Maerdyn
No broom

Post by Elandra Maerdyn »

Hmm, well I'd say that the Harry Potter is definately up there with my favorites, though it is tied with another ^.^ The Belgariad by David Eddings is one of my other favorite series of novels, and I think that anyone who enjoys fantasy should read it!
Hazel Goldenrod
No broom

Post by Hazel Goldenrod »

Harry Potter is a close second, with Series of Unfortunate Events a close third, but my favourite series is Lord of the Rings. People think I'm crazy when I tell them I've read the books 5 times....
Ania Kriemhilde
No broom

Post by Ania Kriemhilde »

Harry Potter out of those. My favorite books of all time which is a trilogy is the Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers (consists of A Voice in the Wind, An Echo in the Darkness, and As Sure as the Dawn)

Love those books. Something bad happened at the end of the first and I threw the book against the wall saying I wouldn't read anymore XD; Love every single character in that story (or hate strongly a few bad guys and have thought of many ways to hurt them*cough**cough*calabah and amonia) And I've cried uncontrollably a number of times. Good books...

Artemis Fowl series I also like :x alot (<3 Butler)

ï hïrr vïnd nö nästïl änd vyrröh hïn ny nättïl hhät. thï ynï hïth thï nänï yv thï dlägön, källöïnj ïts dryyd.

Adsum ante bellum. Ante mortem.

Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

BUFFY!!!!!!!
Remember now, I'm the Buffyholic........
Other than that? Princess Diaries, hands down.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

My favourite series is Lord of the Rings! And I have read those books about 8 times by now. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
But Harry Potter and any series by David Eddings are very close behind.
I haven't read any Star Wars books yet, but I will. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Karina Adams
No broom

Post by Karina Adams »

Harry Potter, of course /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

But I also used to read the Chronicles of Narnia, and years ago the Goosebumps books.
Made by Ilona at Hogsmeade ID Shop
Isabella Astiar
No broom

Post by Isabella Astiar »

Harry Potter. It just is.

I've read most of these series, and loved them as a child - but really, nothing can compare to Harry Potter. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Isabella Astiar
Prof. Etheria Angel
No broom

Post by Prof. Etheria Angel »

Of the ones listed, Harry Potter definitely. I am also a big fan of the "Merlin' series by Mary Stewart and the "Avalon" series by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Also, anything by VC Andrews.
Wand: 14" rosewood with dragon scale core
Prof. Angelus Darklost
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Angelus Darklost »

I've been addicted to the Shannara series' by Terry Brooks since middle school. I've been addicted to Margaret Truman's Capital Crimes series since high school. And I've recently become addicted to Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series...*nods* [[And there will always be the Harry Potter series...*heh*]]
"The monkey may be off your back, but that doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin
Prof. Etheria Angel
No broom

Post by Prof. Etheria Angel »

I forgot about Terry Brooks..love him!! His Shannara books are excellent as well as the other series, the Magic Kingdom ones with Ben as the King.
Wand: 14" rosewood with dragon scale core
Narcia Bellamy
No broom

Post by Narcia Bellamy »

Harry Potter goes without saying.

If I had to pick just one favourite series right now (not counting HP), I would have to go with The Fey, by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. Fantastically detailed, intricate and imaginative!!
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano »

Harry Potter and A Series of Unfortunate Events are my top favorite book series! But I also read The Chronicles of Narnia, Goosebumps, and Nancy Drew. All of them are really interesting!
Hazel Kaprano | Ravenclaw
Destiny Travbelli
No broom

Post by Destiny Travbelli »

My two favorite book series are Harry Potter (of course!) and The Babysitters Club. They are both great series! I am guessing everyone here has read at least one book in the HP series, but I dont know how many of you have been able to read a book in the BSC series. I recomend it.

Cheerleader on the Gryffindor Special Sprit Squad!!
GO-GO-Gryffindor!!
Sonra Allen
No broom

Post by Sonra Allen »

My favorite series would have to be warriors and tamor peirce books.
Last edited by Sonra Allen on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulojow Nagde
No broom

Post by Tulojow Nagde »

Anyone here a fan of or even familiar with the series The Secret of the Unicorn Queen? It was out of print for years, but has recently been republished. It was my favorite for years.

My favorite series of all time is no doubt the Black Stallion Series. I read and owned every one of them and the movies are fantastic. I had a total crush on Alec, too.
Sometimes life gives us lessons sent in ridiculous packaging.
- Dar Williams
Never Headbutt A Unicorn!Image
Josie Monkelly
No broom

Post by Josie Monkelly »

I like the Harry Potter series, and also really enjoy the Cirque Du Freak series. Can't wait for Book 10 to come out for CDF... I'm desperate to know what happens next!
Amy Honeydukes
No broom

Post by Amy Honeydukes »

Other than the Harry Potter series, I would have to say Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series.
~am416~
~Slytherin~
~Wand: Witch Hazel, 14 inches, Powdered Graphorn horn~
~Pureblood~
Roger Simmerly
No broom

Post by Roger Simmerly »

i like the Harry Potter series of course but it's almost done /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . i also like reading the Vampire chronicles from Anne Rice. The vampire Lestat is my absolutely favorite. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Return to “Book Talk”