Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Ianto Maddock
No broom

Post by Ianto Maddock »

Of course I love Harry Potter. Everyone here loves Harry Potter. But my favorite...that's a tough choice. I've always loved the Lord Of The Rings. I'm also quite fond of Tamora Pierce's Immortals series, and her (in progress) trilogy Provost's Dog. In fact, I pretty much love anything by Tamora Pierce. Favorite, though. Hmm. Does manga count? I'm rather in love with Fullmetal Alchemist. Very much in love, actually.

Tags:
Lily Diggory
No broom

Post by Lily Diggory »

Hmmm.. Good question... A tie between Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings.
Badger Pride! Hufflepuff to win the House Cup 2011!
Cassidy DeFranco
No broom

Post by Cassidy DeFranco »

My favorite book is series (other than HP of course) is probably The House of Night series. Or Thirst. They're both about vampires, but they're pretty different from Twilight. I like Twilight too, but I'm not crazy obsessed, although I used to be. I also love reading anything written bu Lurlene McDaniel, though her books usually make me cry.
Isabel Wong
No broom

Post by Isabel Wong »

Harry Potter is of course in the list. There is Gossip Girl, Princess Diaries, Shopaholic, The Clique, The A-List, Twilight and the Mediator series. They are all wonderful books!!!
Last edited by Isabel Wong on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marte Rosso
No broom

Post by Marte Rosso »

My favourite series are Douglas Adams's Hitchhiker's Guide books :)
I love Harry Potter, and I can't put these two series side-by-side and say which one I like best, because they're just so different so I left HP out.
Also I love some old Star Trek Original Series books, they make me feel so nostalgic.
T. Byrd
No broom

Post by T. Byrd »

Besides Harry Potter, I love love love the Ender series by Orson Scott Card. It's also about a boy who gets told by everyone that he is supposed to save the world. Apparently these types of books are a weakness of mine :) .
| Gryffindor | tb001 |
Kai Daniels
No broom

Post by Kai Daniels »

If I HAD to pick, it'd be either the Power of Five, by Anthony Horowitz or Harry Potter.
Esme Lewis
No broom

Post by Esme Lewis »

my favorite is obviously harry potter, but i have noticed that there are more book series out there nowadays. It seems to be that every book has a sequel or is a continuing storyline. Which, is ok by me as it gives me more to read, but I find my list of what I want to read grows longer and longer.
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Post by Prof. Ulol Kimil »

My favourite series is Discworld, by Terry Pratchett, followed by His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman. The Harry Potter series get an honourable third place in my preferences :)
Life without books is death...

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge
Leanna Lovegood
No broom

Post by Leanna Lovegood »

Honestly, for me, there is nothing that can compare with Harry Potter. But coming in second....Lord of the Rings, and when I want to read something different, Series of Unfortunate Events. It always makes me laugh. On a related note, the WORST series ever....the Twilight Saga.
Ariel Chasen
No broom

Post by Ariel Chasen »

Right now i love the House of Night series and the Vampire Academy series
Alcina Major
No broom

Post by Alcina Major »

The Dragonkeeper Chronicles and the Jaz Parks series are right up there with HP. In the end, I think the Dragonkeeper Chronicles win over Jazzy but tie for HP. I love the Chronicles of Narnia as well. :3
Lani Sil-Aria
No broom

Post by Lani Sil-Aria »

I love the Harry Potter Books and A series of Books by an author called David Eddings called The Bellgarid series its amazing and follows on with another Series called the Mallorian.
Erin Llewellyn
No broom

Post by Erin Llewellyn »

Incidentally, the Belgariad and Malloreon are also my favorite series'. I'm surprised they're gaining in popularity again, as they're quite old. They follow a standard fantasy-genre pattern, but are littered with humor and Abbott & Costello-style exchanges that make it an absolute blast to read.

Thanks to Brie MacKenna for this beautiful bit of art!
Dogukan Tunckal
No broom

Post by Dogukan Tunckal »

Harry Potter series are at top of my favorite series.After that it may be Lord of the Rings.
Emily Stanford
No broom

Post by Emily Stanford »

This is hard! :unsure: Here's a list:
1st place: Harry Potter I love when Ginny is rescued. Yay!
2nd place: His Dark Materials
3rd place: A Series of Unfortunate Events
4th place: The Mysterious Benedict Society
5th place: The Lord of the Rings

Emily Stanford
Last edited by Emily Stanford on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emily Stanford My favorite character is Ginny Weasley because she got possessed and went into the Chamber of Secrets.
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Okay, since we're doing this. My favorite book series at this very moment is Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games. I love many book series actually, but I consider my favorite one the one I'm most obsessed about at the moment. The bottom line being - expect a change in this once I find a new great and enjoyable series because it will automatically top this one (because I've already read it, and probably once I stop fangirling over the movie, it'll fall down from the throne ;) ).
North Ellwood
No broom

Post by North Ellwood »

Okay, so my top 5 are...

1. Harry Potter
=2 His Dark Materials
=2 The Books of Pellinor
4. The Black Magician Trilogy
5. Lord of the Rings

As you can see, I love fantasy! :D I would strongly recommend the Books of Pellinor. They're not that well known, but they are great books - full of adventure, horror and romance!
Eagle and PROUD

North Ellwood | First Year | no876 | RQT

Return to “Book Talk”