Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Narcia Bellamy
No broom

Post by Narcia Bellamy »

Tulojow Nagde wrote:Anyone here a fan of or even familiar with the series The Secret of the Unicorn Queen?  It was out of print for years, but has recently been republished.  It was my favorite for years. 
SQUEE! I was gonna start a thread for this but thought that since they were so old, very few people would have heard of them! I checked for them on Amazon a couple of years ago and they were insanely expensive. If they've been reprinted, I'm one excited kitty!

Tags:
Annielle Katzenberg
No broom

Post by Annielle Katzenberg »

Besides Harry Potter, Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and other books in the series (though they can be read independently, really) are my favorite...wicked sense of humor, that man...

A Series of Unforunate Event by Lemony Snicket is really good too, despite the "kiddy-ness", and nothing makes me laugh like Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Kissing and the other Confessions of Georgia Nicolson.

I've been meaning to check out the Chronicles of Narnia too, because it's so classic, and I've read the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and loved it...but I don't know, I was never able to really focus on the other books.
If you let me have my way, I swear I'll tear you apart.
Kimberly Rose
No broom

Post by Kimberly Rose »

Hmm..let me think..Harry Potter! hehe. But I also really like these two series, Making Waves and Making Love, both by Katherine Applegate. But both of them kinda just stopped being published, I don't know what happened. I guess not enough people liked them, but I thought they were good!
Here I go, scream my lungs out, to try and get to you
I don't care how you get to me, just get to me baby...
Wand: 13 3/4 inches-sycamore tree-unicorn hair
Koharu Kun
No broom

Post by Koharu Kun »

Harry Potter's great and all, but nothing, nothing, can compete with the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series. I love FMA above all else! Even more than Harry Potter (and I like hp a lot /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )!
Thank you, Ellad, at Hogsmaede's ID Card Shop, for my signiture!
Sofia Silhouet
No broom

Post by Sofia Silhouet »

Harry Potter would have to be my favorite!! Other than HP, I don't really read series - just independent books.
Thanks to Cho Delacour @ Sig N Av Palace for my signature and avatar!
Wand: Unicorn Hair, Mahogany, 8 Inches
Kris Weasley
No broom

Post by Kris Weasley »

Mine would probably Series of Unfortunate Events, Harry Potter (Obviously), Little Sister Baby-Sitter (I think thats what it is called) and Arthur (Chapter Books) /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Siggy By Cho D.@ SignaturePalace
Ron:
Wish the lunch trolley would hurry up, I'm starving.
Thalia Muna
No broom

Post by Thalia Muna »

The Harry Potter books of course! But I'm going to assume that you mean as well as HP..so I'll pick the "Sweep" series. Has anyone heard of it? I think that's its official name. Its a series of 16 books about a girl named Morgan who discovers she's a blood witch..yadda yadda yadda. I definately recommend them!

I'm not really a book fan when it comes to anything else. Its very rare when I'll actually find a book that looks like it'll interest me.
Last edited by Thalia Muna on Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maria Harris
No broom

Post by Maria Harris »

My favorite book seiries would be either the Harry Potter series (of course) or the series of unfortunate events. They both have a great plot and very enjoyable to read. If I had to pick one, in the end I think Harry Potter would win. beause you never know what's going to happen next! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
Maria Harris
Proud Raven
Wand: Maple, 7 1/2 inches, Phoenix Feather core
Pet: Ginger cat named Ginger
Gemma Formbey
No broom

Post by Gemma Formbey »

Harry Potter!!!! Best Series ever!! I absoloutely LOVE IT! No arguement, no question, thats the answer that pops up first second in my head.
Lourdes Rowan
No broom

Post by Lourdes Rowan »

Outside of the Harry Potter series? Hmmm. Well, if we're going with series, then I would have to say the my #1 is His Dark Materials. I just adore those books. They were brilliantly written, and the end of The Amber Spyglass broke my heart. After that, I'd say I like the way the Inheritance Trilogy is going so far, and I also like the Inkspell trilogy thus far (by Cornelia Funke). The Last Herald-Mage also does it for me. So...yeah, those are the series that I really follow. Oh, and Daughters of the Moon, of course. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
"You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you."
-Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist
Steph Rowe
No broom

Post by Steph Rowe »

My favourite series of all time has to be Harry Potter, of course /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> But a very close second would be the Tomorrow, When the War Began series by John Marsden. Other really good series that I have read are His Dark Materials, Artemis Fowl, and Eragon.
Rebecca Peck
No broom

Post by Rebecca Peck »

Harry Potter man all the way!!!! I don't read series books. I tend to read the ones that only have the story in 1 book. But, Harry Potter is the best ever!!!! My favourite book is: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire. I think that is a wicked book. I hope the film is as great as the book.

November the 18th. Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire is....UNLEASHED!!!!

Dark and difficult times lie ahead Harry. Soon, we must all face the choice, between what is right, and what is easy.
Last edited by Rebecca Peck on Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Made by Cho Delacour in Siganture Palace

Wand: 11 inches, Mahogany, Unicorn hair
Pets: An Eagle owl called Spock
Kingdom: Silver Starfruit
Blood: Pure blooded and proud to be a Hufflepuff
Lavendie Bregell
No broom

Post by Lavendie Bregell »

My two absolute favorites are Harry Potter books and "His dark materials" triology.His dark materials is totally awersome!!!

Signature from the wonderful ID card shop!
Dani Myrrdin
No broom

Post by Dani Myrrdin »

Prof. Etheria Angel wrote:I forgot about Terry Brooks..love him!! His Shannara books are excellent as well as the other series, the Magic Kingdom ones with Ben as the King.

I loved the Magic Kingdom series by Terry Brooks. I've never read the Shannara series, however. I'd have to say that my favorite series is a toss up between Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series and both the Merry Gentry series and Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Terry Brooks' Magic Kingdom is second and HP is currently on my 'wait and see what happens in book 7' list.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think.
Arielle Sumner
No broom

Post by Arielle Sumner »

Harry Potter are the ones I can keep reading over and over (and have! I re-read every day at lunch!) but I also adored the Anne of Green Gables books. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Magical Blessings,
Arielle Sumner
Descendant from a long line of Wizard and Witch Life Coaches
Vivian Durdenski
No broom

Post by Vivian Durdenski »

Like Rebecca, I normally don't do a lot of series-reading. HP is one of a few exceptions. The other one that I like, though I'm just beginning to know it better, is Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.
Lori Staley
No broom

Post by Lori Staley »

My favorite is Harry Potter.
live life to the fullest, you only have one to live
Finelda Marcus
No broom

Post by Finelda Marcus »

I will also go with Harry Potter.
I don't read a lot of series but Chronicles of Narnia would definitely be second for me. I love those books and can read them over and over again, though not quite as often as Harry.
I haven't tried the Series of Unfortunate Events but I am going to give it a go. And the Terry Pratchett ones too. I need to get more books to read so thanks everyone for the great ideas!
Azriel Iscariot
No broom

Post by Azriel Iscariot »

His Dark Materials is one of my favorites series beside the Harry Potter books. Caroline Cooney is good to.
"Smile, it makes the world wonder what you are up to."

"You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same."

Blog: Azriel's Story and HOL Blog
Rachel Baudelaire
No broom

Post by Rachel Baudelaire »

*Looks around this thread*

Ha ha, basically everyone's favourite book series is Harry Potter. This is terribly unoriginal! I shall be unique. My favourite book series is Harry Potter!

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Return to “Book Talk”