How do you prefer to read: physical Books, e-books, or audiobooks?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Galena May
No broom

Re: How do you prefer to read: physical Books, e-books, or audiobooks?

Post by Galena May »

I prefer physical books over the rest, because who doesn't like the pleasant rustling sound of crisp paper, the fresh parchment like smell of new books, and the novelty of holding a book in your hand, even if just to show off what you are doing. Audiobooks, nah ! I can't stand hearing for too long, I'd rather read it myself. But e- books, I can stand them. More convenient, I think. You can take them anywhere you like on your gadget, especially when you don't want anybody to know t hat you are reading. You do not have luggage with you, but you still have plenty of books with you. But honestly, I prefer physical books any day if I don't have to worry about luggage or rudeness (I can be rude enough to read while watching a movie, so e-books are my go-to option and friend when I am attempting to do it and still be nice) and if I had a mansion of my own and one wish granted by a genie, I would ask for the entire mansion to be an library for unlimited reading, with all the books in the world.
Galena May, just your average witch, only the fun please.
Britini Initirb
No broom

Post by Britini Initirb »

Hannah Butterfield wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:28 am I love audiobooks, especially the ones where they change the voices for each character. I am someone that is very on the go, so it is nice to have the something to listen to when driving or cleaning.
Hannah,

Yes, this is precisely how I enjoy Audiobooks! If I'm at home, I prefer to hold a physical copy. However, as you mentioned, listening to an Audiobook while going for a drive can be such a pleasant experience. What have you been listening to lately?

Britini
June Michaels
No broom

Post by June Michaels »

Most of my books are physical books, I will always love how a book feels in my hand and the smell of a book is so calming. I do have some E-Books but not a lot. As far as audiobooks, I tried them once, bought two, got about 5 minutes into the first and just could not do it. I get too distracted. Physical books are my favorite.

Return to “Book Talk”