Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Rose Crimsonwell
No broom

Re: Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Post by Rose Crimsonwell »

Harry Potter is my favorite series of course, it is just brilliant!

Tags:
Eliza Barnes
No broom

Post by Eliza Barnes »

My Favorite book series is The School for Good and evil. I really like it because it's similar to Harry potter, but it's got a bit of romance haha which Ill admit I like. I love the characters as well, they're very complex and the -y change and groe over time. The book is very centered on female empowerment, which I love. It's an amazing book series and I recommend it to everyone.
Daria Summers
No broom

Post by Daria Summers »

I am actually quite torn between the Underworld series by Meg Cabot and the Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell, I can't say Harry Potter is my favorite because it always is, so the Underworld series and the Scarpetta series are a close second.
Calysto Srinivasan
No broom

Post by Calysto Srinivasan »

I have soooo many favorite books! Harry Potter, of course, and School for Good and Evil, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Six of Crows, Serpent and Dove, Red, White and Royal Blue, Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, and so many more! Private Message me if you want to talk about books!
Elle Johnson
No broom

Post by Elle Johnson »

My favorite book series ,other than harry potter of course, is the murder most unladylike collection. It is about 2 girls and some of their friends who solve murders undercover. It's great!
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

The Chronicles of Narnia, LotR, and Hunger Games Series
Sylvia Weasley
No broom

Post by Sylvia Weasley »

my fav book series is for sure Percy Jackson then maze runner then harry potter I don't know why but it is just this way :P
Izzy Gray
No broom

Post by Izzy Gray »

I think either Harry Potter obviously because it is an amazing series and it is all so cohesive and intriguing, or for younger children, when I was younger I really enjoyed The Cupcake Diaries and I recommend these books to younger people who like to read diaries or like to bake! x
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I started rereading His Dark Materials after the second season of the show came out and I forgot just how much I loved it. I was not that happy with the resolution of some characters' arcs in the original trilogy. I also bought the supplementary material and first two books of the new trilogy. So far, it has been really good!
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

I’m a sucker for the Enchanted Forest Chronicles (“Dealing With Dragons” etc.) by Patricia C. Wrede. The audiobooks are such fun to listen to!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:03 pm I’m a sucker for the Enchanted Forest Chronicles (“Dealing With Dragons” etc.) by Patricia C. Wrede.
I agree! Definitely one of my favorites (though I haven't listened to the audiobooks). The Enchanted Forest Chronicles are also short enough for a plane ride, which was perfect for when I was a frequent flier.

Growing up, my mystery series was The Boxcar Children, since my family is also comprised of four kids.

My favorite series that I've been introduced to through HOL are the Under the Never Sky trilogy, the Lunar Chronicles, and the Mistborn series.
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

I like the Fairy books by Daisy Meadows.

I also really like The Boxcar Children.
Freda Mandeville
No broom

Post by Freda Mandeville »

I like Tereliye series :)
Emma Burnham
No broom

Post by Emma Burnham »

Well, Harry Potter of course, but I also like Timeless. It's about time travel.
Harper Cecilia Blake
No broom

Post by Harper Cecilia Blake »

Harry Potter obviously, but otherwise I love the Famous Five books. I like anything with some mystery and some adevnture!
Dahlila Luddington
No broom

Post by Dahlila Luddington »

Of course Harry Potter is going to be my favorite series, but besides Harry Potter, my favorite is Under the Never Sky trilogy. Absolutely one of my favorite series ever.
Richard Haiti
No broom

Post by Richard Haiti »

My favorite book series besides Harry Potter is Percy Jackson. It introduced me to greek mythology and I love the plot and characters of the story!
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

My favourite is definitely 'Werewolves of the Mercy Falls'. It is a truly great book series about werewolves.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

Other than Harry Potter I do reeeeally love LOTR. Perhaps I could sneak a mention to Junji Ito too?
Bailey Smith
No broom

Post by Bailey Smith »

About every time I read a new book series I change my favourite. Harry Potter is definitely my all-time favourite, but at the moment it is currently the Nevermoor series by Jessica Townsend (don't know if you would have heard of it, but it is big where I live). Harry Potter would be rivalled with the Percy Jackson books, by Rick Riordan. I have never read Star Wars books but have seen all the movies. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Book Talk”